Meet & Greet

Time’s up. You can now only envy the cool cats who ordered a 2018 N…

...and here it is without the T in Nashville but with the 11s.

...and here it is without the T in Nashville but with the 11s.

– Bob Howard

Bob, thanks for demonstrating the various permutations. Your original design idea gets a huge thumbs up from me no matter how the final iteration comes out.

Oh, and I like the "T" idea but hey, that's just me. I'm good either way.

Just thinking out loud, BH.

Well, it would have to have a c in it too for the GreTsch connection to be (subliminally) clearer: NaTsch, see.

But in the case, the cap T fights for space with "2018" above it anyway, so preciously clever or not, it's out.

I could still defend "NaTschville" on its own terms - at least to myself - against comparisons to "KnewT Jersey" or "IndTyana" because "Nash" and "Gretsch" are already near-rhymes, "Gretsch" surely means something to a greater percentage of the population in and around Nashville than in most other places, and it emphasizes the internal rhyme of "Nash" and "cats" which is part of the charm of the song title.

To me, it superimposes "Gretsch" on "Nashville," making a conceptual "Gretschville" without coming right out and saying it. (Without the capital T-roof, of course, it wouldn't even work for me.)

I get that that may be cryptic, and a secret handshake - but I don't mind that on my shirts. "The Gretsch Pages" certainly doesn't mean anything anyway to anyone who doesn't already know the score. And what the hell is a Roundup?

If we were trying to be CLEAR, I guess we'd include the URL for the GDP, so interested shirt-readers could log on and see what we're on about.

That's probably not a bad idea, actually.

But yeah, I know. NaTschville is out.

How about cats eyes on the guitar?

Here is another way to stress the 11s.

Here is another way to stress the 11s.

– Bob Howard

I think that we are all seeing the double Ls as an eleven because we know what it is supposed to signify, but most people will think that those are simply two Ls. The difference between an "l" and a "1" is too subtle.

Also, no reason to add an "11" on to this shirt when the anniversary has never been important enough to put on prior Roundup shirts. Besides, it makes you look like you are trying to capitalize on the California Roundup's idea of having the 11th anniversary of our Roundup be a part of our shirt design. Lord knows, you don't want to copy us.

Just my unsolicited $.02.

I think that we are all seeing the double Ls as an eleven because we know what it is supposed to signify, but most people will think that those are simply two Ls. The difference between an "l" and a "1" is too subtle.

Also, no reason to add an "11" on to this shirt when the anniversary has never been important enough to put on prior Roundup shirts. Besides, it makes you look like you are trying to capitalize on the California Roundup's idea of having the 11th anniversary of our Roundup be a part of our shirt design. Lord knows, you don't want to copy us.

Just my unsolicited $.02.

– Ric12string

It's not about 'capitalizing', RicBob, and I doubt many people see Roundups as a competition. Just serendipity that it's the 11th year and the L's jumped out at me as being an 11.

I think the fact that it jumped out at you means that it wasn’t too subtle in the first place. I personally like things that go unnoticed except to those in the know or those clever enough to stumble upon it, but that’s just me.

It's not about 'capitalizing', RicBob, and I doubt many people see Roundups as a competition. Just serendipity that it's the 11th year and the L's jumped out at me as being an 11.

– NJBob

You are correct on all counts. It was a poor choice of words. How about "wanting to share in?" I agree that there should not be any sense of competition between the Roundups. All Roundups are good Roundups, in my mind. Each has its own unique flavor, but each is meritorious.

You are correct on all counts. It was a poor choice of words. How about "wanting to share in?" I agree that there should not be any sense of competition between the Roundups. All Roundups are good Roundups, in my mind. Each has its own unique flavor, but each is meritorious.

– Ric12string

Until the NorCal Roundup starts utilizing some rendition of the "Gretsch Floating Sound Unit" in their shirt design.... Well that's simply "a bridge too far..."

Bad pun intended... Flame away... Smiley emojis don't work on Android Chrome...

I like the 11 idea, it works and looks cool. The only one's that need to see it are the ones that are into or onto the symbolism. Whenever the roundups become competitive or a numbers game I start to feel queasy.

Let's just hope that the number of shirts ordered and paid for exceeds far and away the level of design discussion. (Insert smiley emoji here)

I'm glad I didn't throw the color choice to the committee.

T-shirt tickler.

Gotta have orders by Tuesday the 11th, noon. That’s five days from now!

Line up, sign up, pay up now. Tu-tone Anni green shirt with expert committee-approved design. You gawn love it!

Email or PayPal harmanz at psci dot net.

I like the 11 idea, it works and looks cool. The only one's that need to see it are the ones that are into or onto the symbolism. Whenever the roundups become competitive or a numbers game I start to feel queasy.

– Curt Wilson

Interesting that you would say that, Curt.

Again, please read my post above that it was never my intention to make the Roundups competitive in any way. As stated, it was a poor choice of words.

Carry on.

I've not been part of this as I'm not coming, but I'm chippin' in to say I like the design and agree it would be kinda cool to highlight the LL someway. How about a different font for those letters? Or maybe as an outline font?

The triangle is very cool too, very populuxe and works very well with the cats.

Just thinking' aloud, no need to pay me no notice...

I've not been part of this as I'm not coming, but I'm chippin' in to say I like the design and agree it would be kinda cool to highlight the LL someway. How about a different font for those letters? Or maybe as an outline font?

The triangle is very cool too, very populuxe and works very well with the cats.

Just thinking' aloud, no need to pay me no notice...

– Deke Martin

Quite frankly Deke, you are an arbiter of good taste, my friend.

Aw shucks, you’re only sayin’ that ‘cause it’s true...

Interesting that you would say that, Curt.

Again, please read my post above that it was never my intention to make the Roundups competitive in any way. As stated, it was a poor choice of words.

Carry on.

– Ric12string

I'm confused, I was referring to NJ's comment and just adding to his comment. Sorry it came across that way RB, I didn't read either of your posts until now, sorry you took it the way you did!

Register Sign in to join the conversation