Meet & Greet

Time’s up. You can now only envy the cool cats who ordered a 2018 N…

OK, yessir, I know, time is short! Y'all gonna have to perk up, pay attention, and act fast (to make up for my dawdling).

We're going with the Nashville Cats theme, with another fine graphic rendering by Bob Howard. Shirts will have a large image on the back and a breastpocket medallion (though there's no pocket), similar to the last couple of years.

I made an executive decision that since this is an anniversary year (the 11th, since Spinal Tap more significant than anything round like the 10th), to do the shirts in the two-tone Anniversary Smoke Green theme, darker green ink on the lighter green shirt.

I've been to the T-shirt emporium and picked out colors that kinda maybe aren't necessarily too far off from that target (if you're a Gretsch guy and 2-tone green automatically means Anniversary to you) - so, you know, just go with it.

As in the last two years,
S, M, L, and XL shirts are 15.00;
2XL and 3XL are 20.00.

I'm willing to ship to non-attendees for 5.00.

Here's how it has to go down. Email me at either of my email addresses (one is tim at pointclickdrag dotcom) for a firm quote (if you need it), or simply make payment to the same PayPal account I use for Tru-Arc. (harmanz at psci dotnet).

Of course include count and size(s). And f I'm to ship, it would be a good idea to give me your address.

Orders MUST BE IN by next Tuesday, the 11th, NOON EST. That gives you a week. (Sorry it's such short notice, but see above for my slackerness.)

The Superest of Daves will be delivering the shirts to the event, in case (as seems likely) I will be unable to attend.

Questions, fire away.

Front image (about 3" square, over area of non-existent pocket).

Back image, as big as we can get it.

Thanks, Tim. The Annie green is the perfect choice.

Seemed like it fit the 50s/turn-of-60s aesthetic.

Order placed. I will pick it up in Nashville. Cool design and color choice. Thanks

Not meaning to be impudent, but, why is there a triangle in the middle of the graphic? Is that sort of a hip graphic design element? Or does it have some greater meaning?

The triangle may not survive.

I took it to be a spotlight on the groovin' kitties.

Spect it is, but lots of folks have asked "what IS that thing"? If we could have a graduated lighter color of ink inside it, it would work better...but we're trying to go simple with one ink color.

There were a number of design notions that went unused due to lack of another color. The triangle isn’t anything but the leftover chalk drawing of one such dead idea. It seemed rather empty without it, but I could be wrong.

I am agnostic, but we'll have to know by next Tuesday.

I'm of two minds, too. It's east to turn off the triangle layer.

Nope. The Triangle works for me. Without it, the design loses some impact and visual focus. Besides--who says that everything has to have a function?

But then again, I'm one of those idiots who likes the design of the G-brand and the HiLoTron logo, so my Luddite retro-esque taste in graphics may be too much for some.

Not meaning to be impudent, but, why is there a triangle in the middle of the graphic? Is that sort of a hip graphic design element? Or does it have some greater meaning?

– Ric12string

It’s because it’s not square...

Rob's right.The Triangle helps. I thought, after looking at it again, that it could se some shoring up, some solidifying heft to it. I put a drop shadow. Now I like it.

Also, Curt's right. We ain't be squares.

Rob's right.The Triangle helps. I thought, after looking at it again, that it could se some shoring up, some solidifying heft to it. I put a drop shadow. Now I like it.

Also, Curt's right. We ain't be squares.

– Bob Howard

In subliminal terms, it puts Gretsch at the Apex of guitardom.

So there.

Is good. Send revised art and it shall be so.

Oh. You already did. Happy us. All is well.

And, as I mentioned to you before, Bob H. The two L's in Nashville could be the number 11.

Well, gosh, that's true.

And I'd STILL like for Nash to be spelled NaTsch - but everyone I suggest it to either says NO with a look of cringing disgust (if, like my wife, they have no interest in being polite) or just stares at me and ignores the suggestion.

So...maybe NaTschvi11e?

I like it, anyway.

Your wife is right, Tim. It wouldn't roll off the tongue quite so nicely.

You'll notice that the two Ls and the digit 1 are almost identical in this font.

I dunno... The addition of the "T" may be a bit toooo much of an insider secret handshake; which means that if you wear the shirt among the general public, they'll just think that the designer couldn't spell... Not a big deal for folks who don't live here... But I DO live here, and the addition of the "T" does indeed make me cringe.

May not be a problem for those of you from "IndTyana" or "KnewT Jerzee" though... See what I mean?

Either way, mine are already paid for, so it's a pig-in-a-poke situation for me, and ultimately NOT a big deal.

Besides, the emphasized "T" is already a properly used design element at the very top GreTsch Pages text.

Just don't lose the triangle design element. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to force the issue... After all, in the grand scheme of things, it's just a shirt, so nobody will be harmed either way. But now I'm finally understanding why my wife a graphic designer for 30+ years, always said that above anything else, she despises "design by committee"... Whatever that means.

Register Sign in to join the conversation