Meet & Greet

New member (to some) says hi!

Hello, my (nick-)name is Wozob and I've been a member on Gretsch-Talk for some time and read about the EU roundup. Not sure yet if I'll attend, but I thought it would be time to 'meet' you guys nevertheless. I don't know the mores over here yet, but I'll post pictures of my favourite Gretsches just to be sure not being secluded after my first post over here. P.S. Looks like only one pic at once...

In two posts then.

Welcome. Those are some righteous Gretschs! Love the scripty logo, red sparkle jet the most!

Welcome. Those are some righteous Gretschs! Love the scripty logo, red sparkle jet the most!

– Bob Howard

So, Bob, just how is it that you can see the scripty logo on that great looking red sparkle jet? You must have seen it elsewhere, right?

Wozob, welcome to the GDP. Insofar as "mores" are concerned, we have none. We are all immoral. Actually, despite our reputation, we are pretty even-keeled here and don't have very many rules. With one exception: As indicated in the posting box below, "don't be a jerk." That kind of covers everything, right?

Along with the others, I am very much liking that red sparkle jet and would love to see a photo where the scripty logo is evident.

As for photographs, you can only "upload" one photograph per post and the photo must be accompanied by some text of some kind. If you don't feel like writing anything, then just use a period (".") and that will work as a placeholder. On the other hand, if you want to link to a photograph that is already on the internet, just copy the URL address and paste it into the posting box. The site's software does all of the hard work in the background. And you can post as many links to photos in one post as you would like.

Welcome again and enjoy your time here.

Thank you guys. Of course there is the scripty logo. And as far as accompanying text goes, I'm sure I can write something even when I'm out of inspiration.

welcome to the GDP(Gretsch Discussion Pages).

Those are Lovely!

Edit. Oh, welcome to our favorite forum.

I saw the scriptiness on the pick guard and assumed it was on the headstock, too. I saw one like it recently at Action Music in Falls Church, VA.

Ah, that makes sense, Bob.

So, is it safe to assume that this is a Custom Shop model sparkle Jet?

Ah, that makes sense, Bob.

So, is it safe to assume that this is a Custom Shop model sparkle Jet?

– Ric12string

Hi, this is a limited Terada pro-line guitar.

http://www.gretschguitars.c...

Welcome aboard! Some nice gits you got there!

You've got great taste in Jets! Welcome.

He found us!

Wozob, the GDP and G-T aren't mutually exclusive, aside from the Tru-Arc/Compton bridge thing. You have a couple of sweet guitars there.

Nice brace of Gretsches you have there, sir! Welcome to all things Gretsch.

And a great amp too - ostrich skin Carr Mercury

Welcome on board the GDP.

What a way to make an entrance! Makes me all verklempt. Lovely, both. Welcome. Olivia Anne

Welcome . Nice to see you over here.

I love my jet - you've just shown me two reasons to look for another.

Nice thing about this place is that you don't get a point for every post you make. People usually say something meaningful and relevant.

If you haven't already done it there is a registry here and you must add those two beaties to it.

Welcome, it seems 2015 had several nice limited editions ... isn't your Penguin a LTD15 too? Midnight Sapphire?

Welcome, it seems 2015 had several nice limited editions ... isn't your Penguin a LTD15 too? Midnight Sapphire?

– Aymara

Thanks. Yes, both the Red Sparkle Duo Jet and the Midnight Sapphire Penguin are LTD15 models. There are six of them in total. Also the Koa 6120, Rose Metallic Falcon, Red Betty Center Block Jr. and of course your beautiful Broadway Jade Penguin. Another pic of the Midnight Sapphire.

If you haven't already done it there is a registry here and you must add those two beauties to it. -- Gretschmen65

Oh, by all means, please put both of those in the database along with your best photos of each. They should be admired by all for years to come.

Welcome!!! Gorgeous guitars -- congratulations! I have seen a Midnight Sapphire Penguin in person (Philly Guitar Show) -- they are simply too beautiful to describe in words and photos do not do them justice. I also like your Carr amp (I have a Skylark).

Register Sign in to join the conversation