Meet & Greet

New here-introduction

Just introducing myself:

I've lurked around here for a while, getting opinions about pickups, hardware, etc. and have finally signed up. I've loved Gretsch guitars since high school and have played a '57 ri duo jet for the past 11 years. I built a thinline jazzmaster with a spruce top that's modeled after a 6120 (has setzer signatures in it) and just a week or so ago acquired a restored/hot-rodded 1966 6117. This is my first fully hollow gretsch and is quite the player. It had trestle bracing added during its rescue and was dressed up like a country club. It has quite a bit of wear but plays like a dream. The pickups are the popular tv classic/classic+.

Not sure how to post more than one photo.

Here are the other two mentioned:

Welcome to the GDP, Cirecc. I am glad that you finally decided to register with the site and I will look forward to your future posts.

Rules About Posting Photos

1) If you post photos from the internet, just copy the URL and paste it into the posting box and the GDP does the rest of the work in formatting it. You can post as many URL addresses into a single box as you please.

2) If you wish to upload photographs from your computer:
a) You can only post one photo at a time. If you want to upload more than one photo, then you have to create multiple posts to do that.
b) Posts that upload a photo from your computer must contain some kind of copy in the posting box. If you don't have anything to say about the photo, you can simply post a period (".") in the box to accompany the photo and that will suffice. On the other hand, if you are posting photos from the internet by pasting the URL addresses into the box, you can do so without adding any copy to the post.

Not bad for an introduction, I'd say

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome Cirecc! Very nice guitars. Thanks for posting these fun pictures.

Welcome! I love your guitars. You have good taste!

welcome to the GDP. that old Annie dressed up pretty good.

Thanks, everyone! There are a lot of beautiful instruments and music floating around this site.

Two band mates run/own a vintage guitar store. Mike (band mate) brought the anniversary in to practice for me to try out after putting probably too much into it, and I fell in love with it. He made me good deal with a couple of trades, and I couldn't resist.

It's one of those guitars that has been around the block many times and is all the better for it (after repairs of course). The tv jones classic/+ combo with the added trestle bracing, which I think might have been done out of necessity, really makes it snappy and bright, pairing nicely with a tweed amp. It's considerably brighter than the jazzmaster with setzers despite the jm having the 25.5" scale and more solidbody like construction.

Welcome to all things Gretsch! Your local CL seems to frequently have vintage Gretsches for sale. Just an observation

Just introducing myself:

I've lurked around here for a while, getting opinions about pickups, hardware, etc. and have finally signed up. I've loved Gretsch guitars since high school and have played a '57 ri duo jet for the past 11 years. I built a thinline jazzmaster with a spruce top that's modeled after a 6120 (has setzer signatures in it) and just a week or so ago acquired a restored/hot-rodded 1966 6117. This is my first fully hollow gretsch and is quite the player. It had trestle bracing added during its rescue and was dressed up like a country club. It has quite a bit of wear but plays like a dream. The pickups are the popular tv classic/classic+.

– Cirecc

Schweet!

Very cool vintage ax!

Welcome!

Welcome Cirecc I Love the 6117, you're certainly in the right place

Welcome.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or are the saddles on the jm and duo inverted?

Welcome to the GDP sir!

Oh,and cool geets too!

Welcome.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or are the saddles on the jm and duo inverted?

– Twangmeisternyc

Thanks again, everyone!

It's your eyes. The jazzmaster has a mastery bridge and the duo jet a stainless Compton. It must be the way they're reflecting.

welcome and nice collection! Good job on that restoration as well!

I would also like to welcome you to the GDP family, Cirecc.

Welcome!!! You found the right place for sure. Best guitar site on the 'net.

Register Sign in to join the conversation