Meet & Greet

New Gretsch, New Member

Hello everyone. Just bought a g5422 in white that I am falling in love with. Such creamy cleans and aggressive crunch all in one guitar. The only effects I use are the tc electronics Dark Matter, Hall of Fame Reverb and Flashback Delay into a 1974 Fender Vibro Champ. Tone monster. Thanks, John from the Great White North.

welcome to the GDP(Gretsch Discussion Pages), John. we're glad to have you with us. make yourself at home. Congratulations on getting the new guitar.

My Dad's 6119 circa 1962. I was 6 years old. I remember he sold it for $400 ! Tennessean Chet Atkins. Can anyone confirm the model number?

Thanks Sgt Rock. 1974 Vibro Champ

Congratulations! I love the 5422! It is the best of the Electromatic line and ranks as one of the best Gretsch guitars overall in my opinion. I love the way it sounds, feels and looks. I checked out video clips on the Gretsch website today and the 5422 was 1 of 3 of my favorite sounding guitars featured.

Welcome aboard! Nice Axe!

Welcome to the pages John...Great pic of your dad!

Thanks BuddyHollywood. A lot of guitar for the $ and soooo pretty.

Welcome aboard! You're starting your Gretsch addiction of right!

Welcome to our addiction. Nice guitar.

From the west coast, welcome aboard! Love that shot of your dad with his Tenny!

Welcome! Where in Canada?

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Vancouver via Halifax.

Happy new guitar day, and welcome to the best forum on the net!

I've got a few Gretsches, but I think my favorite is my new Fairlane blue 5420. They really knocked it out of the park with the new Electromatics.

Vancouver via Halifax.

– ceilidh123

Been here long? I'm here 8 years now in Coquitlam. I'm from Ontario originally and here via 6 1/2 yrs in CA.

Hi John, nice guitar! Welcome to the GDP,

Been here long? I'm here 8 years now in Coquitlam. I'm from Ontario originally and here via 6 1/2 yrs in CA.

– Windsordave

I've lived in the Vancouver area since 1979 including a few years in Coquitlam. I currently live in Delta BC

– Windsordave

Would that be Windsor ON by any chance? Just a wild guess.

Would that be Windsor ON by any chance? Just a wild guess.

– ceilidh123

Right on. Not much of a wild guess as there aren't a lot of cities outside of Ontario that I've ever run across with that name. Grew up there for the first 11 years.

Welcome to the GDP John and have a lot of fun here!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation