Meet & Greet

New girl from Toronto

A quick howdy from a longtime pro musician, and mid level collector. I have a revolving 40 or so guitars, mostly Les Pauls. I've had a few Gretsch over the years- a vintage 6120, a white Falcon, and a gold sparkle Duo Jet. They all went on trades,and deals. Recently I came across a new Roundup, no bigsby, and T-Armonds. Fabulous guitar, so I decided to get something with a bigsby. I found a NOS Jaguar tan anniversary. Comes stock with powertrons, and sperzels. A hot rod right out of the box. I'll hold onto these for a while. Wrong amp for the Gretsches- my Suhr Badger. Right amps- My Deluxe reissue, and an old Gibson Minuteman (Princeton circuit). With these guitars I'm just using a Wampler comp. and a Suhr Trem. I'll post pics soon.

Nice to read your post.

Sounds like you have all the necessary gear and know your way around guitars. What type of music do you play?

Well howdy! Welcome! Lotsa nice folks in this neckathewoods.

Thanks. My music- trad country, roots, and blues. Had a great psychadelic jam band for a while. My main stage guitar was (retired) a tele with two drop D tuners, and B bender. Nobody EVER asked to borrow that guitar LOL.

Welcome to the GDP, Cowgirl. You do sound like you are well-versed in the same kind of minutia that we occupy ourselves with. Nice to have another from the distaff side of things as well.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from another TO Gretsch fan. TO via MTL via EDM via WPG.

Welcome to the GDP, Cowgirl!

Welcome aboard, Cowgirl! This is a fun place.

Every cowgirl deserves a roundup.

Howdy!

What's your favorite Paul?

The only Les Paul not for sale is a Tom Murphy heavy relic '56 gold top. Plays like a dream.

Hey Cowgirl, welcome aboard !

From Greater Vancouver via Burlington/Windsor, On, welcome to all things Gretsch!

Welcome aboard from over the pond.

welcome to the GDP, cowgirl. I have a couple of old Gibson amps, also.

From one Canuck to another, Welcome to the GDP!

Welcome to our addiction. Have any pic's of the new guitar?

By the way, if you want to meet some of the fine people who make their presence known, around here then you should attend this.

By the way, if you want to meet some of the fine people who make their presence known, around here then you should attend this.

– Suprdave

Attending a roundup is always a good idea, but Jason's Great Northern Roundup in Kingston is just down the 401 from Toronto and a lot handier.

Attending a roundup is always a good idea, but Jason's Great Northern Roundup in Kingston is just down the 401 from Toronto and a lot handier.

– Windsordave

Yes come on down to Kingston to the Great White North Roundup and meet your Canadian contingent of Gretsch Guitar fans

One other thing, just to correct David, its RYAN that puts on the GWN not Jason. Who the heck is Jason anyways? ;)

Register Sign in to join the conversation