Meet & Greet

New Baby Day

Fritzi (Friederike) is here! ‘New’ isn’t quite right, she’s now a week old. Her mum and her were in the hospital for a week because Fritzi was premature and the doctors had to check on both of them for this time. My wife was in the hospital for a week prior to the emergency cesarean and suffered terribly, it was horrible to stand by helplessly.

So it was an anxious time but now the ladies are certified healthy and I’m over the moon to be home with a recovering wife and a tiny, healthy red-haired daughter.

As a German, free healthcare is kind of a given but my American wife kept a mental tally on how much debt we would have amassed in the States, and we’d be ruined by now. We’re forever indebted to the NHS and Birmingham Women’s Hospital for keeping them both healthy and safe.

awsome! congratulations!

Superb news, enjoy every moment (and try to get enough sleep).

This is great news. Congratulations to everybody involved! Give Fritzi a few weeks before you turn her into Rock'nRoll and get her the 1st tattoo, Dad. ;)

All the best.

Sascha

Congratulations!

Treasure every moment, for they pass before we realize they're gone.

Mazel tov!!! May she bring you surfeits of joy.

Happy Birthday, Fritzi! Welcome to the world!

Glad to hear everyone's doing alright.

Congratulations; that's the best thing in the world. Best wishes for your family's future.

Congratulations - NBD always better than any NGD! Fritzi’s adorable - Great name too!

Congratulations! Glad everyone is okay. Best to all of you!

Congratulations on the beautiful new family member. Children truly are life's blessings.

Congratulations, kids are always good news!

Congrats. Glad everybody is okay!

So beautiful. Blessings on your heads! XX OA

Congrats! As a Canuck, I share your relief your health care is covered.

Precious little girl. Congratulations to Mom and Dad! She is gorgeous xx

Many congratulations from here, along with sympathy for the couple weeks of stress and emotional turmoil which have gone along with it.

Sounds like everything is bright and sunny from here on out.

And gotta love that health care!

Thank you all for the good wishes! We are having a great time figuring each other out.

Register Sign in to join the conversation