Meet & Greet

Let’s Help Beatles 6120

Thanks to Bob Howard for letting us know in the other thread that Mitch has a new GoFundMe page soliciting our support with his cancer-related medical expenses. Every little bit, as they say. It's also an important way of demonstrating moral support.

I just donated. Not much. Wish I could do more. But I am reminded that in my own culture, even those who subsist from donations are obligated to give to support others. No amount is too small to participate and demonstrate that you care.

https://www.gofundme.com/it...

Good to note that you are affiliated with the GDP. He doesn't know all of us by name. He doesn't know some of us in any sense. But he will know this community stands behind him.

Also, if you can donate, please note it here to bump the thread up.

Thanks Strum. Yes, please help. Even a little bit helps. We are many and we are family.

Just made a modest donation.

And a late-afternoon east-coast bump from me.

Next time anyone starts celebrating what a wonderful and generous community this is, remember this thread.

Next time anyone starts celebrating what a wonderful and generous community this is, remember this thread.

– Strummerson

I have to say I'm surprised by the lack of response. Apparently the word "community" doesn't mean what I think it means, just like the word "inconceivable".

I mean this is the site that got together once to buy 5120 for a member who was going through a tough time.

I suspect there might be more support if beatles6120 had been more active on this forum recently. Some newer members probably don't even recognize his screen name,

This is Mitch's first "go fund me" page. He has really had a rough time of it.

Sorry; I missed this. Fixed. Thanks for the bumps, Guys.

I suspect there might be more support if beatles6120 had been more active on this forum recently. Some newer members probably don't even recognize his screen name,

– geoguy

Hmmm. I wonder why he has been inactive recently. Maybe because...he has cancer?

– Strummerson

I think you're out of line here and that's an inappropriate comment. I'm sure many have donated both this time and the last. Guilt and shame never reflect well.

Prayers and good thoughts Mitch!

Maybe people are contributing or have contributed and just don't feel the need to get recognition here.

Asked for bumps along with donations.

I don't think I am out of line at all. The same small circle of people are frequently congratulating themselves about how wonderful and generous this community is. And a solicitation of help and support by someone that isn't part of that small circle seems to fall almost totally flat. If pointing out that disconnect offends you, I think that's on you.

Asked for bumps along with donations.

I don't think I am out of line at all. The same small circle of people are frequently congratulating themselves about how wonderful and generous this community is. And a solicitation of help and support by someone that isn't part of that small circle seems to fall almost totally flat. If pointing out that disconnect offends you, I think that's on you.

– Strummerson

Don't generalize your response. I'm talking specifically to the part where you're being judge and jury for this forum where you have no idea who has donated and who hasn't. Some people, perhaps you, need to let the world know that you helped someone in need. Great, I have zero problem with that but some prefer to do things anonymously so not to bring attention to our efforts but to focus on the person or persons in need.

Register Sign in to join the conversation