Meet & Greet

Kind of new here

Hello TGP-ers. I have been lurking on this site since at least 2008, I actually think I made an account back then but cannot remember.

I'm just a Gretsch fan trying to stop buying more of the darned things. I want to be down to around 3 guitars but I currently have 7 and 3 are Gretsches I won't sell.

I finally couldn't take it anymore and had to chime in on another thread. I hope y'all don't mind

If you have room for the 7 guitars you have, and you like them all (for whatever reasons you do), why get rid of any?

This is probably the wrong place to look for encouragement NOT to own guitars!

Welcome aboard. If you know us already you know ....."Pic's or it didn't happen."

We'd love to see what you've got, Gretsch or otherwise.

So, you have 7 guitars, 3 of which are Gretsches you won’t sell, but want to be down to 3 guitars in total - I’m not sure I see the problem

Welcome aboard, but beware, we’re likely to help you up the ante, not lower it...

Welcome officially aboard, Muinarc! I also don't see any problems with 7 guitars! I also have 7 guitars, plus half a dozen other stringed instruments. Every one of them is dear to me, for one reason or another. We love pictures around here, so we can gloat over them!

Welcome, and don't worry... Compared to those of us with 20+ guitars, you don't have a problem, and are completely normal!

Boy, did you come to the wrong place to be talked out of having too many guitars. Too many is never enough around here. Welcome to the club. One of us...one of us...one of us...

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement (mostly lack there of) regarding my wishes to downsize. I knew I could count on Gretsch super fans to talk me off the ledge!

We'll see what the future brings but Parabar guessed right, I live in a small home and I don't have all that much space for these git cases!

I don't have any good photos to share at the moment but I'll try to take a few this weekend for you Suprdave :)

Just remember--- this whole "guitar ownership" thing has already been thought through by some of the most brilliant minds in the history of mankind, so don't limit yourself, unless you can come up with a better axiom than Einstein.

Just remember--- this whole "guitar ownership" thing has already been thought through by some of the most brilliant minds in the history of mankind, so don't limit yourself, unless you can come up with a better axiom than Einstein.

– Tartan Phantom

Except in the case of giffenf, where X = n+1+{unknown}

Welcome back to the GDP. The only encouragement to lighten your load that you will receive here will be to give us first dibs. This will then be promptly followed by our encouragement to replace your loss ASAP.

Register Sign in to join the conversation