Meet & Greet

Just Got My First Gretsch!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to re-introduce myself here. I haven't been on this site in years. I finally bought my first Gretsch a few days ago and I'm super excited about it. Well I guess "technically" it's not really my first. I traded a friend for a 6120 a long time ago but he soon regretted that deal so I reluctantly traded it back to him. But this one is all MINE!

I just found a 2013 G6136T-LTV White Falcon collecting dust in a local pawn shop. I wasn't really looking to get a White Falcon. Not as my first Gretsch anyway. I've always wanted a G6120RHH but I shot the guy a pretty low offer and to my surprise he accepted it immediately. After a little TLC/elbow grease and a quick trip up to Elderly for some bridge and truss rod adjustments this guitar is almost like brand new. I have to say that I've really fallen in love with this one in the short time I've had it. It is certainly one of the nicest guitars that I have ever owned.

Another photo

What's not to like? Congrats on a really nice guitar!

Congrats and welcome back to the club.

Nice score! Play it in good health!

The GAS is strong with this one. Nice guitar---enjoy!

Nice Guitar Jason, welcome back

Nice look'in Git my man, welcome back!

A White Falcon in a pawn shop --- that you got for a lowball offer??? SCORE!!!!

What a great guitar. And hey, it's a Falcon! Still iconic and fascinating to me since I first spotted one on Neil Young's "Decade" triple album cover as a teenager. Congratulations!

I wonder what the Jenny Lewis story is. Singer/songwriter/actress Jenny Lewis maybe?

That's Sweet! Congrats and welcome.

Congratulations Jason. It's great to hear about someone getting a good deal on such a fine guitar.

Congrats and welcome back. You done good, son!

Sweet find.. Congrats

A White Falcon in a pawn shop --- that you got for a lowball offer??? SCORE!!!!

– Parabar

Yeah I sort of felt like a a jerk making the offer knowing that the guitar was worth far more than he had was asking for it. But at the time my thinking was that I don't really HAVE to own it and if I can get into it at a good price I can get out of it without loosing my shirt later on. When he accepted right away I thought, man I could have gone lower LOL. Oh well he got what he wanted and I got a great deal on a fantastic guitar. A nice departure from my typical poor decision making when the GAS strikes.

What a great guitar. And hey, it's a Falcon! Still iconic and fascinating to me since I first spotted one on Neil Young's "Decade" triple album cover as a teenager. Congratulations!

I wonder what the Jenny Lewis story is. Singer/songwriter/actress Jenny Lewis maybe?

– sascha

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're correct. I did some investigating and it looks like she resides in the California/Nevada area. The serial number indicates an April 2013 build date. There was a sales receipt in the case from Detroit Guitars for $3,350 dated August 1st 2013 made out to a male buyer with a California mailing address. So I assume this is the original sales receipt. What strikes me as odd is that someone from the West Coast would reach all the way out to the Mid West and to Detroit Guitars of all places to purchase something that I would think would have been relatively readily available to them locally. Even stranger is that it made it's way all the way back to a pawn shop in Michigan where I found it. I'm wondering if the original buyer was a tour manager, guitar tech or some sort of employee of Jenny Lewis and maybe he had local ties to Michigan. It's always interesting learning what I can when picking up a second hand instrument and I had fun digging into this one. Obviously my wife is not a big Jenny Lewis fan because I woke up the next morning to that label on the case missing LMFAO. I'll just leave it at that ...

Nice looking Falcon. Glad it found a good home.

Register Sign in to join the conversation