Meet & Greet

Joining in backwards

Been on the site for a while and posted a few things, just trying to fit in but it seems I should have started here first. Anyway, I've played for years and years on the quest to become a rock star but turns out I was better at other things. I started out on a Guild Starfire V as my first good guitar and then moving to Fenders (like Strats, love Teles). At some point a few years ago I tried a used Gretsch 5120 and I can't believe what I'd been missing. Still love Guild and Fenders but Gretsch completes the picture for me. Got a little crazy at one point and helped out a guy that needed to sell 4 Stern Gretschs, 3 Penguins and a flat black Falcon. That opened the doors to heaven, just perfect guitars. Anyway, I hope I can add something to the group. I can get out of line so just speak up if I screw up. Thanks for reading.

Hi CBell, tell us about the guitar in your avatar pic.

Well cbell if you've been reading you realize this is a nice place to be welcome my friend

Hope to meet you at a Roundup.

Welcome Bell!! Thought I just read on another thread your waiting on another Stern Gretsch? If your in a picture mood you gotta post some pics of the Custom Birds. :D

– sascha

– sascha

That's my flat black 6136, it was the guitar pictured in the Gretsch 2012 calendar for June. I can't say enough about it. I love 3 pickup guitars to start with, add gold hardware, more knobs and switches and the back pad and it really sets it off. The flat black is very impressive. I've added another shot of it, sorry but I am not so good with photos. The middle pickup by itself is great but with the bridge or neck it gets really warm but still cuts through.

– NJBob

– NJBob

That just may happen, I live in CT but work in NJ, down by Philly.

Welcome. Great photo. Also like that gold leaf in the sparkle thread.

Welcome man. Yeah let's hear more about the gold leaf 6120.

Sounds like a heckuva commute, CBell. Welcome to the GDP.

Beautiful guitars, CBell, and welcome to The Gretsch Pages family.

Some interesting looking axes in that picture. Welcome!

Welcome, CBell!

Hey, NJBob is hosting a Roundup on Saturday the 5th in Jersey. If ya wanna do some real-life meeting and greeting, that would be a great opportunity!

Paul/FF909

Interesting initial post, and a great set of excellent geetars.. Welcome CBell.

Welcome, CBell!

Hey, NJBob is hosting a Roundup on Saturday the 5th in Jersey. If ya wanna do some real-life meeting and greeting, that would be a great opportunity!

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Welcome, CBell!

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

I did see that but I don't know where I'll be then. If I can make it I will. It sounds great.

Welcome to the pages. Nice Gretsch collection you've started.

Welcome to our merry band of Eejits CBell! :P

Great collection of geets ya got Sir,i particularly love your red sparkle Penguin!

Never too late to join the mayhem. Welcome...

Great collection of geets ya got Sir,i particularly love your red sparkle Penguin!

– JCHiggy

– JCHiggy

Thank you, this is a great collection of people. I do have trouble with red sparkles, I have 2 of them, one with FTrons and the other with Dynas.

Register Sign in to join the conversation