Meet & Greet

It’s a Girl!!

Awesome news! Congrats!

Congratulations UncleGrumpy!! That's great.

I just saw this thread, Grumps. It's great news! Thank Heaven for little girls!

Dad told me the good news and I had to log on and give my best wishes and love to you and Enid. That baby can't ask for better parents. Really love you both!

Thanks all!! Update....met birth mom and grandma yesterday. Very nice people. I was very impressed with mom. They seemed to like us as well and so far they still want to give the baby up for adoption.

We are having pictures taken next week so that we can show her off. She is now 9 LBs!!

Nobody gets near the baby before my dogs give the okay.

Just wait until the dogs discover that there's a smorgasbord that rains down from her high chair. You think they like her now…

Thanks all!! Update....met birth mom and grandma yesterday. Very nice people. I was very impressed with mom. They seemed to like us as well and so far they still want to give the baby up for adoption.

We are having pictures taken next week so that we can show her off. She is now 9 LBs!!

Nobody gets near the baby before my dogs give the okay.

– UncleGrumpy

Congratulations John and Enid, that is so exciting!! Woot!

So far so good. If all goes well the adoption process may take as long as 18 months. The photographer was booked but pics are being taken on Sat. I'll have extra copies to mail out. She is such a good baby. What a head of hair!

All the best to the new family!

Sounds wonderful!!!

At least you didnt spend the adoption money on a sparlky guitar!......yet

Really nice. There are so many displaced kids that it's beyond annoying that the process takes so long when it's clear the child is going to a loving home.

How the hell I missed this thread I have no idea but God bless grumps. All the best and may each day be happier than the next!!!!

Really nice. There are so many displaced kids that it's beyond annoying that the process takes so long when it's clear the child is going to a loving home.

– Curt Wilson

I agree with these sentiments, Curt. Still, you aren't talking here about expediting a transaction to purchase some goods or services. You are contemplating terminating parental rights, which is a very serious step which should not be hurried or taken lightly. It is something that you want to get done correctly the first and only opportunity that the system has. While under most circumstances where a person's parental rights have been terminated, it is for good reason, it is reassuring to know that there are safeguards in place which don't allow that process to be carried out capriciously and which make certain that a birth parent knows their options and fully understands the nature and significance of what they are doing by offering to give up their parental rights.

I know that this is of little consolation to great adoptive parents, like Enid and John, who really want badly to provide a baby the love and caring that it richly deserves growing up.

So far so good. If all goes well the adoption process may take as long as 18 months. The photographer was booked but pics are being taken on Sat. I'll have extra copies to mail out. She is such a good baby. What a head of hair!

– UncleGrumpy

Again, congrats to you, your wife and lovely daughter. Sorry it takes so long.

Thanks all! I don't care how long it takes. If this ends up not working out for us we at least know that we helped and we will be ready to do it again. This is the most rewarding thing that I have done in my life. It's amazing to see the daily changes in these children. It's like Christmas every day.

Okay, after much delay, Monday we go to court for the termination of parental rights. It has been a long journey with some rough roads but we are fairly confident that Monday will be the day. If it is, the adoption process will start right away. Our social worker is so sure that this will happen that she has already completed the paperwork for us.

I'm asking you all to pause sometime Monday morning and send some good mojo, prayers and well wishes our way.

This little girl is amazing and she deserves the best.

All of you here have been so supportive and wonderful.

Thank you.

Okay, after much delay, Monday we go to court for the termination of parental rights. It has been a long journey with some rough roads but we are fairly confident that Monday will be the day. If it is, the adoption process will start right away. Our social worker is so sure that this will happen that she has already completed the paperwork for us.

I'm asking you all to pause sometime Monday morning and send some good mojo, prayers and well wishes our way.

This little girl is amazing and she deserves the best.

All of you here have been so supportive and wonderful.

Thank you.

– UncleGrumpy

You've got all my thoughts and support!

Great to hear, good wishes to all three of you!

Monday it is, best of luck !!

All the Mojo I can muster sent your way, best of luck.

You know we're all pullin for ya, Grumpy!

All the best to the family.

Register Sign in to join the conversation