Meet & Greet

I’ll say “HOWDY”!

Hey guys,

My name is Dustin. I have been a member here for a little over a year. I am much more of a casual browser and occasional looker and lurker than a poster. But, i have really enjoyed being a member, so I thought it was high time to say hello.

I am originally a bass player. And yes, the lust for a gretsch is out there. I have a 6120GA (my first electric) that I am hoping to sell or trade in order to get myself a bass. Anyway, that is who i am and hello to everyone!

Dustin

Welcome to the family! :)

Welcome to the addiction as well. The line forms to the left. :D 8-)

Aahhhyeee....Howdy, right back atcha. If your in Louisiana we'd be neighbors. Big jazz festival goin' on in New Orleans. you gonna attend?

Hey Dustin. Welcome to the GDP. I hope that, if you are like the rest of us, you enjoy the untold hours that you will end up spending here.

By the way, that is a great guitar for your first Gretsch. Go slow on dealing it, however. Those guitars were not all that plentiful and they are superb guitars. I have one myself and I consider it as one of my very favorite guitars. Just wait a little bit longer, save a bit more, and then get your favorite bass.

I also play bass, but I don't have much experience on a Gretsch bass. I saw a White Falcon bass at the NAMM Show which was very drool-worthy; I'm just now sure how it would sound plugged in. But, it sho' 'nuff looked the perfect part.

Here is my G6120GA.

welcome to the GDP, Dustin. I see that that you live in the 71270 zip code. I used to live in that zip code several years ago. actually, it was in Ruston.

A bid ole HOWDY to you Dustin from the beautiful Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Hey Dustin!

Loved you in Tootsie.

S rock. I live in ruston

– d_whitlock

S rock. I live in ruston

– d_whitlock

Cool !!! 8-)

does Nick Goff still have his guitar store where the old Haymaker"s Guitar Store used to be ? it seems like every time my family and I pass through Ruston, Nick has moved his guitar store again.

I lived in Ruston from 1975 - 1987. I worked at McKinney's Cycle before he got big and Richie was still in high school. I also worked at the locksmith shop just before I left to move back to Baton Rouge.

we'll have to meet up sometime when my family and I are passing through. Johnnie's Pizza is a must stop on our return trip back up to Minnesota. ;-)

Haha yeah, Johnnys is the best. Nick actually just closed his shop up, I think for good. Strange to meet someone here who is from Ruston!

Nice spot, Ruston. I used to come through there when seeing customers in Dallas and up in El Dorado.

A big hello to Dustin in Ruston!

There are a couple of Gretsch heads over in Shreveport too. - Brent, I'll buy you some Johnny's pizza the next time I see you. I'm guessing you are a Sweep the Kitchen fan with no anchovies. Sound about right? - You do know that they now have a sweep the swamp? It has more cajun goodness on top than the regular sweep.

And Dustin, I used to skateboard in Farmerville. My nephews go to school at LaTech currently.

Haha yeah, Johnnys is the best. Nick actually just closed his shop up, I think for good. Strange to meet someone here who is from Ruston!

– d_whitlock

– d_whitlock

Nick's closing up for good ? out of all the times that I've passed through Ruston, I've only caught him open once and that was the first time that I met him. did he say why he's shutting down for good ? I realize that he's probably one of the few that doesn't really have to work for a living. he and his family own most of the buildings in "downtown" Ruston. so, where is the next closest guitar store ? Monroe/West Monroe ?

Nice spot, Ruston. I used to come through there when seeing customers in Dallas and up in El Dorado.

– Steve McCloud

– Nobody

when were you passing through ? we could have been there at the same time. 8-o :D although, I left in 1987.

There are a couple of Gretsch heads over in Shreveport too. - Brent, I'll buy you some Johnny's pizza the next time I see you. I'm guessing you are a Sweep the Kitchen fan with no anchovies. Sound about right? - You do know that they now have a sweep the swamp? It has more cajun goodness on top than the regular sweep.

And Dustin, I used to skateboard in Farmerville. My nephews go to school at LaTech currently.

– Otterbean

– otterbean

Curtis, I'm more of a muffalato fan. last year when we stopped at Johnnie's, I had a whole muffalato by myself. :D

Howdy Dustin! Welcome to the GDP.

Dylan

From one newbie to another - Hello

Tubs.

Hi Dustin, welcome aboard!

Howdy! I'm a noob and a bass player, too, though currently I'm bassless. That's OK, though. I can spend more time with my new 5120 While I save up for my new Rickenbacker 4003. If I had a bass on hand, I'd be neglecting my guitar duties anyway.

S. Rock- I'll have to pick up some of that olive salad mix for you the next time I am in New Orleans. That is the big secret to making a great muffaletta. Central Grocery in New Orleans makes the good stuff. I am fairly certain that is what is used to dress up the muffaletta at Johnny's.

By the way Dustin. Where did you pick up that 6120 GA?

Register Sign in to join the conversation