Meet & Greet

Hi everyone, new owner!

Hello everyone. Im Roger, and im the recent owner of a G5420T in Fairlane Blue. I am really picking up learning after a long hiatus. The guitar was a gift to myself for 17 years in the navy (and counting). Absolutely love the color and the sound... my lord... i have been in love with Gretsch guitars since i was a kid. I am using a basic Fender Champ 20 until i transfer and will be somewhere for awhile then i plan to upgrade to a Line 6 amp setup. Since the color of the guitar reminds me of my favorite time traveller, i got a Van Gogh strap and picks and she is named the gui-TARDIS (Doctor Who fans know the episode)!

Welcome up and Congrats on your new acquisition. Thanks for your service, as well. She's lovely. That strap looks good on her, too.

Thanks! And you are welcome as its my pleasure to serve this country. I was nervous about trading in my old Alvarez acoustic as it was a christmas gift from my dad many years ago until i came home on leave and he went out and bought a whole setup including a G5422T... and after hearing it... i knew what i had to do... did some searching and managed to find this one at a guitar center in new orleans on 4th of july weekend so i walked out of the store sitting pretty indeed.

That color alone tempts me to another 5420 (I have the Aspen Green from several years ago)...as if I need yet another Gretsch.

So, yeah. That's a beauty. Truly irresistible.

Welcome to the Gretsch habit. We'll be your guides and enablers...

That color alone tempts me to another 5420 (I have the Aspen Green from several years ago)...as if I need yet another Gretsch.

So, yeah. That's a beauty. Truly irresistible.

Welcome to the Gretsch habit. We'll be your guides and enablers...

– Proteus

Im sure my fiance will love more enablers of this habit lol... but she loves guitar so i dont think it will be so bad... The color on this is amazing... the color and metal flake is so deep that it looks like the color goes on forever... plus it changes shades... ive taken like 10 pictures of it and no 2 look the same

ive started actually putting songs together... though mostly video game themes haha (ive had a lot of requests from friends)... when i had my alvarez acoustic i would pick it up and pluck at it from time to time... now with this guitar i have a strong desire to pick it up every day and play

Welcome to our wacky world of Gretschdom.

Im sure my fiance will love more enablers of this habit lol... but she loves guitar so i dont think it will be so bad... The color on this is amazing... the color and metal flake is so deep that it looks like the color goes on forever... plus it changes shades... ive taken like 10 pictures of it and no 2 look the same

ive started actually putting songs together... though mostly video game themes haha (ive had a lot of requests from friends)... when i had my alvarez acoustic i would pick it up and pluck at it from time to time... now with this guitar i have a strong desire to pick it up every day and play

– minisandpirate

Welcome to all things Gretsch! I like your comment on the difficulty of capturing the color. Last Sat I played one of these models in this blue, and pics certainly don't do it justice. You just can't see the metal flake unless you're holding it or standing close. I played a set of Chet/Merle tunes near the front desk of a store last week and when folks drifted over to watch me play, they got a good look at this lovely blue guitar and commented on it. The manager said to come back on Sat as I'd probably help sell a few guitars!

Have fun with your new 'kid'!

Nice job on the 5420. I can't tell you how fun mine is to play. Nice job, doing the 17 years. I was good for one hitch, but I made it a good one. Made E-3 three times!

Welcome and congratulations! Also thank you for your service.

Thanks everyone its much appreciated... i am still in the phase of finding stuff i can just pick and put together into a song... but i actually look forward to getting more and more difficult songs to try and play.

Sweet guitar..enjoy

i have been enjoying it a lot lately... still trying to butcher my way through songs but its starting to come together better

Register Sign in to join the conversation