Meet & Greet

Hi all

Hi all, Pete from Melbourne Australia here. Why is my entire post not showing here? So I'll keep it short. I haven't been active here for a long while. Bought a 2014 6122-1959 of eBay. Stunning instrument. Cheers to everyone.

Congrats and welcome to our addiction.

She's a beauty! Play the hell out of her!

Thanks suprdave. A lot of familiar names still here. I gave up a lot of internet stuff for various reasons, good to check in here again.

Hey Aussiepete, it's been a while. I didn't recognize your screen name, at first.

Welcome back.

Hello Aussiepete, welcome back. That's a beautiful guitar you have. I've been here for only two years, so this is the first time I've seen your name. I'm glad you're back, and I hope you stick around so we newer guys (and gals) can get to know you. Cheers!

Welcome home Aussiepete (or maybe I should say "Welcome to THE Home"........)

The 6122-1959 is, IMO, the best of the best. I have owned mine for over 12 years and still love it as I did the day I bought it. I think it was Proteus (here) who called it "the luxury liner of the Gretsch fleet" several years ago. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. This beauty popped up on eBay. I'd never actually played this model because here in Aus they just aren't anywhere to be seen. So I was more than a little excited to find it for sale around the corner from home. I figured I better go and at least have a look at it. I'd either love it or find out it wasn't the exact instrument for me. Needless to say I walked back in the house with a guitar case and my wife smiling and rolling her eyes....

Gretschpages had a bit to do with my purchase. Where else is there to go for info on all things Gretsch? I think I'll stick around now

Good to you for being so lucky to find one of these fairly rare models in an out of the way location (compared to North America, anyway). Nice to see another great Gretsch join our family here. BTW, how are you enjoying the wider neck?

Welcome back and congrats. I have a 6122-1959. Great choice.

Windsordave, I'm loving the wider nut and zero fret. Two reasons I always wanted to try out the 1959.

Register Sign in to join the conversation