Meet & Greet

Hello, new member from Italy.

Well, if you haven't caught on, Bill Zoom of X just commented on your thread above.

– Suprdave

Thanks man. I guess this certifies I’m not very good at posting jokes. :D

Welcome aboard !

Ciao Stiv, fa piacere vedere altri italiani qui!!!!!

Paolo.

Ciao Stiv, fa piacere vedere altri italiani qui!!!!!

Paolo.

– Paolo_Spadaro

Ciao Paolo, piacere mio!

Greetings, and welcome to the GDP! I'm glad you found us, and I hope you stick around so we can get to know you better. This is a very nice place to hang out with some great people. We talk about all kinds of things, including Gretsch guitars!

Welcome stiv - hope you’re having a great Christmas.

Absolutely! Still on a quest for that great Gretsch sound though. When I was in my early 20's I used to follow a band from Los Angeles called X. Unfortunately I've never been skilled like their guitar player, you know. I thought that cranking the gain pot of my Red Knobs Twin and the 6120 bridge pickup trying to imitate Eddie Cochran would have been enough, but it never happened. Still follow that band to these days.

– stiv_c

I learned Italian from Vespa shop manuals. BTW my amps never had Gain knobs!

I learned Italian from Vespa shop manuals. BTW my amps never had Gain knobs!

– Billy Zoom

Yeah, I remember you drive one on the Unheard music... they’re cool little bikes! When I was 16 it was the first thing I wanted to buy. I saved for an used ET3 but in the end I choose to go with another one, a Cagiva (yes, the brand that bought the European Harley rights in the 70s) scrambler. The reason? I was a Ted so I couldn’t drive a Mod bike (pretty narrow minded, I know. But that’s the way it worked over here in mid 80s...) but I always loved Vespa. About the gain knob, if I knew then what I know now...the funny thing is that my first amp it has been an old Binson Hi-Fi 40w that I got rid of because it didn’t have no gain... thank god one could learn from his mistakes.

Register Sign in to join the conversation