Meet & Greet

Hello from Texas

Hi, name is Bryan. I am a beginner at playing.. 2 Months. So there's that! Somehow managed to fall in love with Gretsch guitars, now I am a fanboy, lol. Currently have a 2622 Streamliner, and recently put on lay-away, a Fairlane Blue 5420T. Just that much more motivation to practice,practice practice! On a side note, I have taken up the hobby of Tube amp building. Kinda fits well with my tech career of 37 years. Thats about it. Appreciate the dedicated forum !

Hey, Bryan!

Welcome, and glad to see you've already started your Gretsch collection/addiction.

Word of advice: Don't ask "Should I buy this?" here. The answer will always be "Yes".

Sounds like you've got the Gretsch bug? Welcome to our addiction.

Hey, Bryan!

Welcome, and glad to see you've already started your Gretsch collection/addiction.

Word of advice: Don't ask "Should I buy this?" here. The answer will always be "Yes".

– crowbone

Ima have to remember this. It could get expensive...

– PawnShopYamaha

I gave up my comic book collection for guitars.

I gave up my comic book collection for guitars.

– crowbone

I just sold 2 Smith & Wessons, a Ruger and a little 223 single shot rifle for a 5420T. So I feel ya. I'm not getting a lot of sleep, awaiting the arrival of my new, Fat Bottom Girl, though.

Yes.. I sold off all my firearms a year ago. Truly that just sat there in the safe 99% of the time. For the Electro on lay-away, I am parting with 2 camera lenses that....well how many more squirrel and bird pics does the world need...lol. besides tubes and transformers are the other problem addiction wise..

– PawnShopYamaha

I gave up my ex-wife for guitars. Even with a growing guitar collection, it is still cheaper.

I found this Blue Electromatic at a new store in Richardson, Tx. little shop with a very nice, talkative owner... and a wall full of the Gretsch Axes. Looks like that and a few other brands like EVH are going to be his mainstay. Found it by accident... lol. GF and I sitting in the truck in front of a book store early Sunday Morning. I spied the stroe front sign across the parking lot. it was like.. some kind of a sign you know. Or Omen. GF says Omen's are not good. lol. So uhm..... Blessing it is. :)

Howdy, Bryan! Welcome to the asylum.

Be careful---most everyone here are enablers. Whenever my wife comments on how many guitars and keyboards I own, I just start counting her shoes.

Then, I sleep on the couch for a week.

I gave up my ex-wife for guitars. Even with a growing guitar collection, it is still cheaper.

– MadScience

My wife (Number 3 for me) has zero interest in my playing. But since I didn't dip into our daughter's college fund to by the guitar, she isn't complaining.

My (second) wife has zero interest in my guitars as well, but I don't tell her what I spend on them. Otherwise, she would probably have a not so favorable interest.

lol, funny thing about this GF... she is actually my 1yr ago divorced wife ! We are getting along better now... and she bought a Schecter Bass a month ago... so yeah! Dang thing is she is one of those (probably like many of you) that has a natural talent/ear for music. Which is a good thing. Heck, She walked out of the guitar store with a Tambourine !

Welcome aboard!

Greetings and welcome. What part of TX?

Thanks for the welcomes ! I am North of Dallas in Van Alstyne.

welcome to the Gretsch Discussion Pages(GDP), Bryan. make yourself at home.

Greetings from just north of San Antonio!

There are quite a few Lone Star members here. A couple of guys from San Antonio, Austin, Houston and Dallas.

Welcome!

Great. Beware. Never enough Gretschs. NEG. I just added a new toy w/ my Gretsch. A new Synth 9 box. Now I can blend my guitar with a choice of instruments as organs, synths strings. Or I can drastically change my strumming for all guitar to all something else w/ a button. I'm from NE Texas.

Register Sign in to join the conversation