Meet & Greet

Hello from New Jersey

From Greater Vancouver, Canada, welcome aboard Lou! So you've got a couple of Gretsches finally. Look at your late arrival to Gretsch ownership......now you can do your best work!

– Windsordave

Thank you, It's funny, I've loved Gretsch guitars since the 50s, but never got around to getting one. The 6120 is a dream, but I absolutely don't like the way you string them. I already contacted bigsby and told them l want to be first on the list when the B6c string through comes out. They told me 2017. 2016 is exclusive to Gretsch company.

Thanks Charlie, Where is the label located ? Lib is a busy guy. I have a photo of us from a song I wrote.

– Lou574

The label is in Lancaster PA. On the label are also Danny B Harvey, Eddie Angel, Linda Gail Lewis, Robert Gordon and Charlie Gracie. The guy who runs the studio (Quentin Jones) has this crazy Rockabilly band called The Reach Around Rodeo Clowns and Liberty has been playing with them.

Liberty, Richie, and Billy- some of my absolute favorites. When that live band was rolling, look out!! I think Billy's band has always been up there with the greatest live bands like the E Street Band and the Silver Bullet Band. Just fantastic.

Welcome Lou !!

Yeah, too bad Billy f'ed over Liberty.

http://nypost.com/2009/05/2...

– Curt Wilson

Well that really sucks. Lost some respect for Billy.

I recently heard a similar story about John Mellencamp (another "hero" of mine).

Just goes to show: don't make these people heroes, you may be VERY let down....

The label is in Lancaster PA. On the label are also Danny B Harvey, Eddie Angel, Linda Gail Lewis, Robert Gordon and Charlie Gracie. The guy who runs the studio (Quentin Jones) has this crazy Rockabilly band called The Reach Around Rodeo Clowns and Liberty has been playing with them.

– charlie chitlins

Yes, Lib told me about them. He said he loved it. In fact, l was playing the Great American Theater the next night. Yours was on a Friday. I wanted to go. I'm a friend of Dennis Chandler, Do you know him ? He's friends with Charlie.

Well that really sucks. Lost some respect for Billy.

I recently heard a similar story about John Mellencamp (another "hero" of mine).

Just goes to show: don't make these people heroes, you may be VERY let down....

– ruger9

Yeah, Billy isn't the nicest kid on the block. Lib on the other hand is a saint. You can't know him without loving him.

Liberty, Richie, and Billy- some of my absolute favorites. When that live band was rolling, look out!! I think Billy's band has always been up there with the greatest live bands like the E Street Band and the Silver Bullet Band. Just fantastic.

Welcome Lou !!

– ruger9

They're back together as the Lord's of 52nd street. Lib, Richie, and Russ. Catch them, they're fantastic. They're in New Hope PA on June 10th at Havana. Not sure where you live.

Yeah, Billy isn't the nicest kid on the block. Lib on the other hand is a saint. You can't know him without loving him.

– Lou574

Well, we're all good guys and gals here, so bring your friends without fear!

Welcome to the GDP, and definitely come hang out at one of our gatherings. The Gretsch community is large and strong in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Paul/FF909

Well, we're all good guys and gals here, so bring your friends without fear!

Welcome to the GDP, and definitely come hang out at one of our gatherings. The Gretsch community is large and strong in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Thank you, l would love to do that.

Hi Lou!

Liberty wandered on in to Gretsch Day 2012 at Streetsounds in Brooklyn.

Great guy, with some great stories.

Hi Lou!

Liberty wandered on in to Gretsch Day 2012 at Streetsounds in Brooklyn.

Great guy, with some great stories.

– crowbone

Wow, Very cool, and yes, a million stories for sure. I want to come by the store one day. When is Gretsch day this year ?

I'm not sure if they are having it this year, but stop by and say hi to Rocky. He, and all the folks there, are really nice people.

I've never met Rocky, heard his name quite a bit. I'm not going close to that place without a pocket full of money however. I know how that works...

Heh heh, I'm sure Rocky will appreciate that!

Welcome Lou... I'm not from NJ, but I suppose Philly is close enough!

FYI, Rocky told me me at Baltimore that he is planning another Gretsch Day — he's cooking it up for June 4th, I believe.

Welcome Lou... I'm not from NJ, but I suppose Philly is close enough!

FYI, Rocky told me me at Baltimore that he is planning another Gretsch Day — he's cooking it up for June 4th, I believe.

– redrocker

Thanks Red...That's good news. Yes, Philly is close enough...Villa Roma...yum

Yes, Lib told me about them. He said he loved it. In fact, l was playing the Great American Theater the next night. Yours was on a Friday. I wanted to go. I'm a friend of Dennis Chandler, Do you know him ? He's friends with Charlie.

– Lou574

I don't know Dennis. I just saw the coolest thing, though! A video of McCartney sitting on a couch playing "Fabulous" and wishing Charlie a happy 80th birthday!

I don't know Dennis. I just saw the coolest thing, though! A video of McCartney sitting on a couch playing "Fabulous" and wishing Charlie a happy 80th birthday!

– charlie chitlins

Yeah I think I saw that too...very cool

Hi Lou, great to have you on board

hey lou! keep your eyes peeled for all the east coast stuff we got going on, there's gretsch day at street sound in NYC next month!

hey lou! keep your eyes peeled for all the east coast stuff we got going on, there's gretsch day at street sound in NYC next month!

– Buddy Mercury

Thanks l will. I was talking to Rocky today as a matter of fact. Is there a date for that yet ?

It's usually around end of May / early June.

Register Sign in to join the conversation