Meet & Greet

Hello from Mung (from way back)

I am one of the original members. Have lost track and figured I would say Hello and see if anybody remembers me. Still play my 1961 model 6120 through my Fender Twin. I was the producer of the original Gretsch compilation CDs and still have a few hanging around. Best to all and be safe. Mung

I remember you Mung! Glad to hear you're doing well and still playing your Gretsch. That compilation CD had a profound effect on young Otter.

welcome back ! I must have joined just after you left. again, welcome back.

Welcome back, Mung. I seem to remember I bought a SC bridge from you about 100 years ago.

Mung? Man, It has been a long time. Welcome back.

Has anybody heard from our friend, Mandy Luke. I kept in touch for many years but have but have not heard from her in the last few years. I know she had some tragedies in her life and hope she is doing OK .

Hello, Mung, I also joined after you were on GDP hiatus. Welcome back!

Been around for about a decade m'self, welcome back!

Hey I (metroshane) recently came back to say hello too...and stayed for a while. I'm on the original Gretschpages CD but I wouldn't want anyone to hear it.

Has anybody heard from our friend, Mandy Luke. I kept in touch for many years but have but have not heard from her in the last few years. I know she had some tragedies in her life and hope she is doing OK .

– Mung6120

I follow Mandy on instagram (@mandymarie), but haven't seen her 'round these parts in at least a decade. She had a rough go of it the last few years, but seems to be doing pretty well these days.

We talked regularly up until about 2 yrs ago and it seemed she dropped off the face of the earth. I even messaged her a time or two. We're still friends on FB but she doesn't post much

Been on here since 2006 (how the hell 15 years has gone by so fast I can't reconcile)! I think that may be after you left though. Either way, welcome back!

Been on here since 2006 (how the hell 15 years has gone by so fast I can't reconcile)! I think that may be after you left though. Either way, welcome back!

– Bonedaddy

I joined in 97

I joined in 97

– shane kislack

It's always amazing to me to see some of the real old timers still posting here. Pretty cool.

Not that it matters, but I realize I joined in 2005, a few months or so before the forum software update. That old forum was a visual treat. Still amazing how many old timers are still on here though.

Man, I got on in 2005 and I could've sworn you (Bonedaddy) had been here for years. Glad we're still kickin' it, tho'. Hope you're doing well, Mate!

Man, I got on in 2005 and I could've sworn you (Bonedaddy) had been here for years. Glad we're still kickin' it, tho'. Hope you're doing well, Mate!

– BigJImSlade

Hey there BJS, doing well. I hope you are too!

I found this place in ‘01 and bought my first Gretsch in November of that year. It was from eBay, but the seller was Firetone/Cadillac Green who I’d already seen on here.

Wow, so much water under the bridge in those 20 years...

Hello. I’ve been here around ten years. Welcome back.

Hey Mung! I remember you! Great to see you back around these parts. Hope you and yours are all well. Peace!

It's always amazing to me to see some of the real old timers still posting here. Pretty cool.

– Bonedaddy

Not only hanging out here, but I have several that I'm now friends with in real life. I have at least 4 I could call today and be hanging out with tonight. We didn't have trolls or spam back then, but we had good times.

One of my most fond memories is the 2nd annual GP's CD. Devil's Tool, OSLPChris (who has a young'en now and doesn't come around much) and I got together and recorded this one like the first version of protools. It was so much fun! I sing first, then Devil's Tool...then the real singer Chris kills the last verse and we all play guitar and do harmony on it. They wouldn't let me clap bc I'm terrible at it. Then Chris got his band friends to play the drums...not sure who played bass.

Welcome back, Mung. I joined in 2006. Hard to believe.

Register Sign in to join the conversation