Meet & Greet

Hello Everybody!

I've been absent for a coupla three years due to life and want to give a big hello to all. The GDP is absolutely one of the best sites on the interwebz with incredible wit and wisdom from the members here. I'm just past my 10 year sign on date - hard to believe - 10 years flies by so fast. But, I owe this board so much in the knowledge I've received and the gear I've acquired from your valued input. I hope I can contribute worthiness in my return. Thanks again for all your friendship and previous help and I hope to continue to mine the experience for my continuing gas attacks. Sincerely, Jim

Welcome back again Jim!

Missed ya! Welcome back.

Good to see you back, Jim. Always enjoyed your contributions. Stick around!

Welcome back, and it's great to meet you. I've been hanging around here since last April, and couldn't agree with you more, about how special this little corner of cyber space is.

Thank you. I hope to keep learning from you fine folks! Compared to the wild and wooly world wide webz this place has always been like a cuppa hot chocolate by the flickering fireplace.

Good to have you back.

Hey Big Jim!

Thought you got sucked down the drain when the site went ka-blooey!

Yeah, I heard that was a pretty major cyber-explosion. I must've been surfing the event horizon and got thrust into a worm hole for a bit. Like MAD Magazine, it is great to see the "usual gang of" (I'll amend this to...) fine and friendly people still patrolling Mr. Baxter's site. Thanks for the welcome. I hope I can add something of value from time to time.

Welcome back! Whenever you get around to it, feel free to put your Gretsch gear into the database.

If you had your guitar(s) in there before, it's possible that the serial numbers may already be in there, but no longer associated with your profile (a frequent side effect of the "big crash"). If you run into problems, just shoot me a PM and I can sort it out for you.

Thanks, TP. That is exactly what it looks like. It is in the system, but I did not have luck changing "owner" to me. It's the 5129 with serial # ending in 2100. I guess I'll have to take another photo and re-add it which is no big deal. Thank you!

Thanks, TP. That is exactly what it looks like. It is in the system, but I did not have luck changing "owner" to me. It's the 5129 with serial # ending in 2100. I guess I'll have to take another photo and re-add it which is no big deal. Thank you!

– BigJImSlade

I found it-- and have re-attached it to your profile. You should be able to edit it and re-up a photo. Let me know if you have problems. In a worst-case scenario, I can delete it entirely and let you re-do the whole thing.

I dare say, sir...you get a Gold Star, if I may.

Welcome back, Big Jim. I have wondered what happened to you since you stopped frequenting the place. Glad that you are back!

Thank you for your warm welcome back! Sometimes life redirects us, but fortunately the GDP is like a beacon in the night. Thanks again!

Glad you found your way home, again.

Good to see ya, Big guy!

Register Sign in to join the conversation