Meet & Greet

Had a Great time in San Jose Today ,,,

Yes, We had a little Roundup get together this afternoon via a handful of us met at "Guitar Showcase" in San Jose, Calif.

Ric12(Bob), Steve Yetto, Keith(Bonedaddy), Joe and Carla, Bob (Macphisto), Parabar, Joe Bigsby, Me ,,,

We tried out alot of things, toured the store, talked gear, etc,. two of us bought gear, Joe and Keith, and I almost went for a Bamboo Yellow G6196TSP-BY Country Club with Dynasonics.

The problem was that there were too many good things down there that caught my fancy so I went home empty handed, (well acutally I bought a book on Bee Bop Jazz Guitar :),

Still thinking about that Bamboo yellow via it had dynasonics.

We then adjoured for a meal at an Indian restaraunt nearby called "Tandoori Oven", which was very good, then we headed to Keith (Bonedaddy's) place and had a little improtou exposition quote@jamm session, compared guitars, met Keith's wife, Sharon,, had some refreshments, nice hospitality ,,,

I'm sure Ric 12 will fill you all in better then I can! :)

Good time had by all!

It was great to see everyone and listen to everyone play again; wish we could do this all the time. Thanks for everyone coming over and hanging out. Geoff, I have your extension cord, so please let me know next time you're up this way and I'll get it back to you. :) :)

Whoa!

I always leave something ,,, (Hit myself over the head)

Thanks!

Will do!

This Friday, The Rip-Tides are playing in Belmont at nice place called "The Iron Gate", If you and your wife, Sharon, and anybody else are free?

Going to be pre New Years party! :)

Tons of fun seein' all y'all.

I managed to buy a MIM Strat.

There were other purchases made but I ain't sayin'.

Just sayin'. :P

Great seeing you Yetto and hearing you play :)

Congrats on the new score!

I do the same thing,

Sounds like fun. Happy for all of you!

-- yettoblaster

Ah, I fessed up to Mrs. Bonedaddy already. For those who may be interested, it's a JetGlo Rickenbacker 660/6. 8-o 8-)8-)8-)

-- yettoblaster

Ah, I fessed up to Mrs. Bonedaddy already. For those who may be interested, it's a JetGlo Rickenbacker 660/6. 8-o 8-)8-)8-)

-- Bonedaddy

I'll take your posting this as a sign your fingers haven't been broken --- good on ya!

Lots of fun seeing everyone, trading stories, and making some good noises --- and I didn't even hafta lug my keyboard rig!

-- yettoblaster

-- Bonedaddy

I'll take your posting this as a sign your fingers haven't been broken --- good on ya!

Lots of fun seeing everyone, trading stories, and making some good noises --- and I didn't even hafta lug my keyboard rig!

-- Parabar

Well, I won't repeat what she said, since we're in polite company... I kid, I kid. My wife only ever asks me one question: "are you happy?" So, I can't complain. I've been after one of these for a long, long time. The 6 string versions are scarce as hen's teeth, the 12 strings only slightly less so. This is the first 6 string I've seen for sale new, ever. I've seen a couple of the 12 string varieties, but never in JetGlo. The JetGlo 660/6 is one of the most rare Rickenbackers going. AND, it's fretboard is the same width as a Les Paul, so you get it all: Toaster Pickups, triangle inlays, checkered binding and a wider nut for those that feel the standard Ric necks are too narrow.

Did you play my 360/6 last night by any chance?

Pix, Bonedaddy, pix! Wow, a 660/6 with a not-too-narrow nut? Now I've got GAS.

Pix, Bonedaddy, pix! Wow, a 660/6 with a not-too-narrow nut? Now I've got GAS.

-- bob howard

Ric12string took some pics, so I'm sure he'll update the thread when he gets back home :) :)

-- yettoblaster

-- Bonedaddy

MAN!!! That's a sweet guitar! I found a 610 up here for $800.00

that was lots of fun. it was really good to see everyone, and to finally meet Sharon. i'm sorry i missed you, Steve, but there was no way i was going to get there anything like as early as you folks got there.

i'm putting the Rip-Tides Friday thing on my tentative to-do list. would you please repeat the information about the banjo-orchestra gigs? i really want to hear that group.

Sure, Our Banjo Band plays every Tues from 7:00PM till 8:30PM.

Every Tues evening at "Harry's Hofbrau in Redwood City which is right off El Camino Real and Woodside Rd.

"Harry's Hofbrau" 1909 El Camino Real, Redwood City, CA 94063-2112 (650) 366-3733

Be Great to see you; and any one else who wants to come.

It's a blast to our heritage, 20's, 30's, 40's, Broadway Tunes, Show Tunes, Sing a'long ,,, 16 Banjo players, An Electric Bass, Two Washtub Bass players (Gut Buckets), Percussion instruments at times like Castanets, wooden spoons, Crazy Silly fun and Good tunes :)

Buffett Food is Great too!

The Iron Gate is at:

1360 El Camino Real, Belmont, Ca 94002 Telephone: 650-592-7893

There was a bamboo Club in play? Now it's a really good thing I didn't go, or I'd have even more 'splainin' to do. Then again, between all the pedals I've bought in the last week and a guitar I'm almost allowed to talk about, I probably spent about the same amount. But I spent less on gas, so it's all OK, right?

Sounds like a great time, and too bad I missed out on a chance to trash, er, visit bonedaddy's place.

There was a bamboo Club in play? Now it's a really good thing I didn't go, or I'd have even more 'splainin' to do. Then again, between all the pedals I've bought in the last week and a guitar I'm almost allowed to talk about, I probably spent about the same amount. But I spent less on gas, so it's all OK, right?

Sounds like a great time, and too bad I missed out on a chance to trash, er, visit bonedaddy's place.

-- giffenf

Bamboo Club notwithstanding, there were no less than 4 Talman's in the consignment shop. All with different pickup configurations. I'm not kidding.

Damn, I got so derailed. I got called out to a job site emergency mid day and didn't get off the site until 9:00 PM and was beat. Sure with I could have made it to meet and hang with you guys. Next time...

No, I don't suffer from GAS, and I'M NOT in DENIAL:

Yesterdays damages (hey, I OWED myself a geetar for having made everybody at my house' Xmas, an' I didn't get nothin'! Well, there MAY have been some triptophan bird involved, but no bow on it!). :P

Couldn't help myself, for $375. It's 7/8 what my AV'62RI Strat is, at about 1/5 the cost!

4 Talmans? Are you sure you weren't at my house? Yikes, it would have been a perilous journey had I made the trip.

If I would have still been living in Morgan Hill, I would have joined you because it sure sounded like a load of fun and I love Guitar Showcase.

We would've loved having you with us, Bear --- if you're not otherwise preoccupied next September, think about doing the "RoundUp Circuit" and joining us for the NorCal RoundUp.

And I'm hoping Ric12string will post some of the videos of Yetto playing my Elitist Broadway --- that $#!% sounded GOOOOOOD!

I'd love to go to all of the Roundups, but health and finances pretty much keep me tied to the closet one and I had to fight my doctors tooth and nail to go last year.

I'd love to see the videos though. C'mon Bob... get busy! :D

ric 660/6!!

nicely nicely

like this?

cheers

ric 660/6!!

nicely nicely

like this?

cheers

-- neatone

exactamundo!

exactamundo!