Meet & Greet

Gretsch Fest At TrueTone Music in Santa Monica

While I can't compare to Rocky's event, we on the West Coast who couldn't make it out to Brooklyn have some Gretschebration to enjoy come Saturday

Gretsch Day at TrueTone Music June 17th, 2017 at TrueTone Music, 714 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA

Come down to everyone’s favorite L.A. Gretsch dealer and see all the cool stuff they have to offer in the way of Gretschtastic gear!

And from 3:00-4:00 pm, see some Great Gretsch Gear demonstrated by guest clinicians Frank Giffen (of Aileen Quinn and the Leapin’ Lizards) and Angela Grant (of Buddy Lee and the Dungaree Dolls)!

Gretsch is bringing a Broadkaster G6609 in Bourbon finish to show off, and you can check it out, too (I know I’m going to be playing it a fair bit). After some Gretsch demonstrations, a little discussion of what makes a Gretsch a Gretsch, and the usual TrueTone fun, we’ll be available for Q&A about all things Gretsch. With representation from FMIC/Gretsch, the walking encyclopedia of guitar knowledge we lovingly call Ken Daniels, and other members of the TrueTone staff on hand, we’ll be able to answer any questions you might have about That Great Gretsch Sound.

It’s gonna be a good time. And I heard a rumor there’ll be some swag to give away!

And to keep a Gretsch thing goin,’ swing on over to Boulevard Music in Culver City that night for a full-on show by Aileen Quinn and the Leapin’ Lizards! I’ll be slingin’ Gretsches all night there. Only $15 admission to the Boulevard show (Gretsch Day at TrueTone is free, of course).

Have a fantastic time.

Register Sign in to join the conversation