Meet & Greet

Greetings from France

Hi,

newly registered, from France. Here to get some priceless informations, and contribute if I can.

I own a 2016 black Power Jet for a few months. Wonderful guitar, how could I ignore Gretsch since I had my first guitar in 1993 ? !

Welcome!

You only have one? That won't last long...

Where abouts in France do you live?

Welcome to our addiction. Share some pic's if you have any.

A sweet addiction ! I meant wonderful, not only beautiful. The first but hopefully not the last.

I'll try to make some good pics to show.

She is stock, but I am desperately looking for some replacement tuner buttons to those awful ones on the stock Gretsch-branded Gotoh SG360 locking tuners. Classic ovals (chrome) will fit better to a 50s guitar design. The tuners are really good, but the buttons suck. See the topic I started : http://gretschpages.com/for...

And I will mount a better Bigsby handle, the stock flat one is a bit cheap in the hand. A Duane Eddy, or vintage narrow, or vintage flat. Something sturdy, and stylish.

I live about 35 km west from Paris, 20 min from Versailles. The countryside, not far from Paris.

Welcome!

Is Le Plan in Ris Orangis still around?

Welcome to the nut house!

Welcome to the Pages !

Welcome!

Is Le Plan in Ris Orangis still around?

– tubwompus

Ha! I haven't been there for ages (moved to the UK from France 13 years ago), but that brings back memories.

To think that in a culturally conservative country such as France a city mayor actually accepted that a street would be named after Rory Gallagher still amazes me (not because it's Rory himself, but because France does not really celebrate pop culture / international stuff, usually).

Welcome to the group!

Ha! I haven't been there for ages (moved to the UK from France 13 years ago), but that brings back memories.

To think that in a culturally conservative country such as France a city mayor actually accepted that a street would be named after Rory Gallagher still amazes me (not because it's Rory himself, but because France does not really celebrate pop culture / international stuff, usually).

Welcome to the group!

– Joss

Haha!

I played there in ‘05. Blew me away that there was a Rory Gallagher boulevard, too! Backstage dinner was the best duck I’ve ever had!

Haha!

I played there in ‘05. Blew me away that there was a Rory Gallagher boulevard, too! Backstage dinner was the best duck I’ve ever had!

– tubwompus

Never been to Le Plan in Ris-Orangis, but from what I have seen on the Web :

• among the scheduled artists in 2020 : Maceo Parker, Whishbone Ash... not too bad !

• in 2014, Le Plan moved to a brand new building and is now a modern venue with all comfort and technical facilities... Maybe a bit colder than the old construction, but I guess it was needed to be compliant with safety regulations.

Link

– Grütsch

Wow! Thank you for that!

Welcome, and Please tell me you love bicycle racing.?

Register Sign in to join the conversation