Meet & Greet

Poster and T-Shirt Update Great White North Roundup 2017

Yes you read the title correctly, it's happening again this year. This will be the fifth instalment of the GWN Roundup! The date is set May 13th 2017! I don't have lots of time to talk about it yet but you know I'll be there so that's worth the admission and Joe Carducci will be in attendance so it's a two for one deal! You can't lose! Keep your eyes on this thread for updates and more details!!!! See you in May!

Awesome! Lmk if I can help in any way. Figured I owe you after getting my favorite pair of sunglasses back to me!

Awesome! Lmk if I can help in any way. Figured I owe you after getting my favorite pair of sunglasses back to me!

– mikep13p

Thanks Mike! Hopefully you can make it and I'm sure I could find a way to put you to work

Looking forward to the Great White North RoundUp. This event has become thee LARGEST gathering of Gretsch enthusiasts on planet earth. Your playing skill level is never an issue to participate as the attendees, guys and girls, are the coolest folks you're ever going to meet. Everyone is welcome to perform or simply be a spectator. Cool Gretsch swag & prizes is guaranteed.

If this event is too far to travel or out of your budget means, be sure to consider other RoundUps that are happening around the country that may be closer to your home. You won't regret it! - Joe C

In what part of the country will this be happening?

– reverb11

In that great American state up near the border that some call Canada.

– reverb11

The location of the event is in Kingston Ontario Canada

Thanks, Gretsch6123. That's a bit of a hike for me (I'm in London, Ontario), but it sounds like fun...

Ric, I'm Canadian. I realize that the "Great White North" is a nickname for Canada.

Looking forward to the Great White North RoundUp. This event has become thee LARGEST gathering of Gretsch enthusiasts on planet earth. Your playing skill level is never an issue to participate as the attendees, guys and girls, are the coolest folks you're ever going to meet. Everyone is welcome to perform or simply be a spectator. Cool Gretsch swag & prizes is guaranteed.

If this event is too far to travel or out of your budget means, be sure to consider other RoundUps that are happening around the country that may be closer to your home. You won't regret it! - Joe C

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

"Your playing skill level is never an issue to participate as the attendees..."

Thank God because I don't think they'd let me cross the border let alone play on stage if skill and talent were the arbiter.

Despite my wanting skills on the guitar; I'll be there with the proverbial bells on!

Besides, I need my yearly Poutine fix!

Oh, You're letting Americans come in? Cool!

Oh, You're letting Americans come in? Cool!

– crowbone

Yes John Americans are always welcome, but it seems like I may have more issues trying to get down to a Roundup in the US lol http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news...

Here is a little up date for all of you that are wondering, I have rented the hall Air Force Association Of Canada 416 Wing located at 200 Hampton Gray Gate, Kingston, ON K7M 8Z8. The same place its been for the last 4 years. Its on May 13th as you already know. I have procured the services of a sound man. The same gentleman as last year. So that means full PA, lights and perhaps a smoke machine, just for fun. The sound man and I had a bit of a conversation about how I could make his life easier, and we have came to a conclusion that we will have a few house guitar amps set up to use. That being said if you are there before the sound man shows up to set up we can add your amp to the mix and you can use it. What I'm trying to do is limit the tare down time for everyone that gets up there and plays. Since the amps are mic'd that means setting up the mic's on an amp again, checking levels etc as far as I'm concerned a waste of playing time. So that being said I'd like to hear from you the people that come to the event. Is this something that is unreasonable to request? I'm okay with pedal boards and such but lets not waste time switching everything that is up there. This is a fun jam not a showcase for a record contact so lets approach it that way okay. One last thing I'd like to have an allotted time for each group that gets up and plays, would 30 min work for everyone? I just want to keep things flowing and get everyone up that wants to play. Yes it seems like I'm being a drill Sargent but I want to use the sound system as much as possible and not waste the time that he is there. Let me know what you think post here or pm me email mail rcosta67AThotmail.com I'll answer your questions the best I can about the event. Stay tuned for more updates

Gretschless, but I wouldn't miss it. See you there!

I'm in, Ryan, and looking forward to it. Will be there early to help as well.

I'm in, Ryan, and looking forward to it. Will be there early to help as well.

– db62

Great thanks Drew!

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

I'd like to go to this! Never been to Canada.. might stay if I do go :)

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

I'll find you a place Tavo, are you cool with dealing with some snow a few months of the year? I'm sure there are more then a few that would enjoying discussing the finer points of your pedals at the Roundup, me included.

Ryan, I was thinking of bringing my whole band up... Are there still slots available to play? Also, even if I don't play, I can bring my Setzer rig blonde bassman, or Billy Zoom modded Bassman as stage rigs, or for people to try out... Lmk.

Ryan, I was thinking of bringing my whole band up... Are there still slots available to play? Also, even if I don't play, I can bring my Setzer rig blonde bassman, or Billy Zoom modded Bassman as stage rigs, or for people to try out... Lmk.

– mikep13p

Your band is more then welcome to play Mike, as for amps I think we should be good and there will plenty. I'm going to try and keep the volume down so it's pleasant for all Though I'd love to give those amps a rip some may not like the volume

– TheNocturneBrain.com™

That's tellin' um!

I'm on board for the Great White North Roundup ... my first time ! I will be bringing my autographed Setzer, and lots of eye candy in the form of my own artwork ( Thanks for the invite Ryan ). Anyone out there need music room swag and still dig pin up girls with guitars ?

Well the post above is from Mark Rehkopf and he will be displaying his artwork check him out on Facebook. Very cool stuff and I'm stoked to have him attend! Thanks again Mark for coming to the event!

Check out what will be showing up at the GWN Roundup, sorry guys it's not Brian

Check out what will be showing up at the GWN Roundup, sorry guys it's not Brian

– Gretsch6123

But that cool guitar

Register Sign in to join the conversation