Meet & Greet

GET READY FOR THE EURO ROUNDUP !!!

Finally playing the guitar I probably must have seen a million times on my screen. Danman's vintage 1960 GRETSCH 6120 which is pictured here in the Gretsch Discussion Pages banner. Totally awesome! For me another highlight of the GRETSCH Euro Roundup 2017. That smile wil probably last another week or so! Thank you Danman for letting me try out the ultimate guitar for me. Almost thirty years ago I saw a picture of Brian Setzer with his 6120, that's when I decided I wanted to play guitar. I have a reissue 6120-60 and even though that's a very cool guitar I noticed that it's nothing like the real deal...

This didn't turn out that bad! Jesper surfing with the DiPinto through Geaff's Executive amp, MayBerY through his wonderful Pro, Joe on a nice FujiGen Gakki-bass and me behind the drumkit.

This didn't turn out that bad! Jesper surfing with the DiPinto through Geaff's Executive amp, MayBerY through his wonderful Pro, Joe on a nice FujiGen Gakki-bass and me behind the drumkit.

– will

OMG!!!! This sounds really good!!!! Glad someone filmed it!

Glad someone filmed it!

One of Geoffs finest moments.

Geoffs finest moment can be seen in post 243, picture No. 2.

I stand corrected.

Finally playing the guitar I probably must have seen a million times on my screen. Danman's vintage 1960 GRETSCH 6120 which is pictured here in the Gretsch Discussion Pages banner. Totally awesome! For me another highlight of the GRETSCH Euro Roundup 2017. That smile wil probably last another week or so! Thank you Danman for letting me try out the ultimate guitar for me. Almost thirty years ago I saw a picture of Brian Setzer with his 6120, that's when I decided I wanted to play guitar. I have a reissue 6120-60 and even though that's a very cool guitar I noticed that it's nothing like the real deal...

– Mike2000

I love this picture and the grin! You're very welcome. I know how much of a dream it was for me so I'm glad you got a chance to play it! Visit any time to try it again!

Ahhhh even more pictures and videos, keep 'em coming, brings me back to that amazing weekend :D

I don´t want to leave, without leaving here my comment about the "First" EURO ROUNDUP 2017 and my impressions about it !!

First of all a big Thank You to everyone , that followed my call and made my dream come true. I don´t even know , if anyone noticed that crazy Rockabilly Guy always head shakin and couldn´t believe,that it´s true. That was me. It was a blast to have you all here in my hometown ,to celebrate this event.

Sjolte: thank you for taking the long trip. You are crazy !!!

MaBerY: I hope, your view on my Collection won´t give you sleeping disturbance

Michiel : My MAN !!!!! He brought my ´63 Bassman back to life And supported me with his fabulous ELEKTRA AMPS

Blueflame: Thanks for bringing the planks.That helped me a lot in that trouble times before the RU. It was an honor to me to guide you with my guitar on stage, even when I didn´t hit the right note sometimes. Sorry for that!

Will: Maaaaaan ! Thank you for your fabulous drumplaying! You made Wicked Game a Hit at this event.

Mike 2000 and Foxy: what a nice couple !!! And thank you for the CD of your project ! It´s great !!!!

Merijn: You must be a Vampire. Did you never grow old ??

Sascha: The "Rucksack"-Man. Ik liebe deinenDialekt,Wa !! ( I love your dialect ) I´m sad, that I haven´t tried your guitars, so I have to come on over to Berlin again!!

Danman : Thank you for taking care so well on "MY" guitar and let me have a look from time to time,to see everything´s fine with her

Valdez: thank you for coming up down the road. The cabinets and the tolex of the ELEKTRA Amps are perfect !!!!

Rob: maaan ,he came all the long wayto spend some time with us for a few hours. I hope your gig was a blast after that!!

Joe Carducci: You can call him a Twister. Man, was he busy, to bring in the Spirit of Gretsch with his presentation and to please everybody !! Thank you for the wonderful Giveaways and Guitars. What was already the name of that shy girl, who won the grand prize?????

And of course my friends Tauna and Tom. Thank you for bringing your high quality pickups to the event and share your ideas with my guests. Gina and me are loving you so much.!!!!

If I forgot anyone,I´m sorry !

The Roundup started not so fine,2 days before I got a Lumbago and had to wear a binder,that guids me through the whole RU ! Ouch !!! I went to the airport to pickup Joeat 9:30 am. When I arrived I saw , that the flight of him was cancelled.Because I have a cellphone with a prepaid card I have no WIFI on the way. The airport has it for free and so I received his message to late, but he told me that the next flight will arrive at 1:40 pm. So I came back at this time and waited at the gate, but no Joe came out of the doors. My thoughts were,that there are maybe problems with the customs about guitars and CITES. 1,5 hours later he came out of it and apologized it and told me his suitcase was lost and he was standing in a row from lost and found so long time and nothing moved.He came out extra ,to tell me that. We went to lost and found again and as he walked through the door and wasn´t seen for another 1,5 hour. Without a result and leaving a report, we got it now and started our trip into the traffic jam We arrived at the Hotel and I left Joe there,because I had to pickup Gina at home. In the evening we had a short visit at Rockland and Schmale invited us to a turkish dinner and superb steaks in his house!!! It was a good reward for a long and stressful day On friday Joe and me picked up Gina at school and went to my home. It was a magic moment, when Joe creeped around the corner of my living room and had a look at my collection. I heard a loud and long WOW out of his mouth. Like a child on Christmas, he picked up my Grey Country Club and sat down on my Couch ,to play some tunes. That was the point where that neverending headshaking and all-round smiling began. Included were thoughts like: that couldn´t be: don´t wake me up it´s just a dream. After a dinner ,I took Joe back to the Hotel ,cause he wanted to rest a little bit before the RU. I went home to pick up Gina again and in cause of the terrible traffic I wasn´t on time in the Hotel. When we walked in it was the same as walking into a living room of a best friend. All my buddies were nearly there and we hugged together and it was clear: THAT WILL BE A GREAT WEEKEND. We went to Rockland to put our stuff there and had the first jam. In the afternoon Tauna and Tom arrived and the dream seems never come to an end. I had to left not that late in cause Gina was getting really tired and we left the party.

On saturday afternoon began the 2nd part of that rumble. We all met together again at Rockland. After a tearful speech by my own, started Michiel with his presentation and shared his ideas about his ELEKTRA AMPS with us. Then TV JONES guided us through the world of magnets and coils !!

Joe was holding a presentation about the History and the magic of Gretsch and the spirit,that brings us together around the world !

After a while Tom TV JONES whispered to me: Holger ,I´ve heard ,that you have a wonderful guitar collection. Is there a way to get to your home for a visit ? I said: just when you treat me nice !! A second later,I agreed. We called a cap and here we go. When we nearly arrived ,Tauna noticed that the area where I live, reminds her to Hollywood Hills (it fits to Holly Then my heart nearly stopped, when Tom walked into MY living room and was blown away from what he saw. He inspired nearly every guitar of mine and I asked him about the setup quality after he played a few really with joy. He told me it is great, wonderful to play ( Joe told me so ,too) Who did the setup? I said: me He goes on WOW! how did you made it and I said: by feel ! He said: You really know,what you doing there,Man. Gosh what a praise from THE Guy that mods the guitar of my Hero. To top it he said, C´mon let´s have a jam ! I know Tauna and Tauna now for years and we became friends in this time, but I´ve never suggested, that this will ever happen in my life. We had fun together and had get back to the party, cause they´re waiting for us and Joe wanted to start the Giveaways. As gina won the Electromatic, I couldn´t get prouder and sausage Klaus, who already knew her from sportsclub picked her ,cause she couldn´t stop from shakin`. I saw the same glance in her eyes and knew, she´s lost right from this moment. As it was dark enough, we started the branding ceremony. The planks were in the beginning and to make clear,that I wasn´t first, Schmale picked up the last streamliner,that he didn´t already sell, to brand it. Then came the Ukulele. I looked at both and thought, that could be done better. I guess everybody here around knows, that I´m a perfectionist. I asked Tom, should I do it on the Yellow CC? And he said: no,no, no, don´t do it with such an expensive guitar. Joe warned me also not to try it on any guitar, cause you can burn through the guitar. I said (while in a honeymoon about this wonderful Roundup) C´mon let´s do crazy.No risk, no fun. I grabbed my wonderful Streamliner, adjusted here on the ground and fixed it to prevent that it slips away. I can´t say ,how much adrenaline in my body rotated, like before a basejump, when Schmale said: OK Holly, ready to go!!! I pressed the iron on it and it failed and the G was just half on it. But I was cool as a bomb refuser and pressed it on again,after hitting the right point. It´s like to thread in a thread with a Gulfracquet. And it worked out perfect !! Hooooray! We had all a wonderful time together this evening and had to say goodbye !!

What then happened is another story about a stalker, that threw in lies, without to care ,who´s hurting!! I hope to fix it with the other person that´s involved and who´s deep in the heart of Gina and Me, to get on the right track again with him, to make plans for the future. Do me a Favour and don´t tell any rumours. It´s not what it look alike

Please notice: It was a pleasure, to do that all for you. And I loved it to do, but the other side of the medallion is: it´s hard to manage after work and to raise a daughter and to take care for her. Now I feel ( I guess also in cause of that impression explosion) tired and kinda burned out and have to do a rest now here. Voodooholly will get freezed in till there´s a cure found for fixing his illness and we could thaw him again. But his soul will be around,to have a look over your shoulders in hope not to be forgotten!!

C´mon Let´s Have fun!!!!

Good old fun is what we need. Image stolen from MaBeRy.

Sounds like overall a good time was had by everyone.

I wish only the best to you and Gina, Holger.

Sascha

– Michiel

Is that an old Country Club? Who's is it?

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing Foxy.

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing Foxy.

– Mr Tubs

My pleasure Mr. Tubs!

Is that an old Country Club? Who's is it?

– WB

Hi Walter, that is Sascha playing his 58 Country Club.
Jesper Sjolte also brought his '53 Country Club. He's holding it in a photo together with Joe. Joe and the Club are from the same year....

Cool photos.... I must have really been enjoying all the mistakes we were making..... ; )

Thanks Daniel! Nice Clubs!

Good to see you here, Walter. Still hope we meet one day. My '58 Country Club turned out great! Love it!

Thanks Daniel! Nice Clubs!

– WB

Oops, sorry, Sjolte's Club is from '54....

Awesome. So colorful and fun! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Such a pity you weren't there Walter. You so would not have liked it.

Here's MaBeRy having his new guitar he just won in the Pick-in-the-F-Hole game signed by Joe.

Register Sign in to join the conversation