Meet & Greet

GET READY FOR THE EURO ROUNDUP !!!

More cool pictures. Great! I love going through this topic and thinking back about all the great moments this weekend!

Wish we had an Elektra for the Nashville Roundup this month. So happy y'all had a great weekend!

– Bob Howard

Oh, me too Bob!

Oh, what great recent days I've had. The Roundup weekend was followed by a vocal recording session in the studio today. I could need some holidays now but browsing this thread helps a lot and gives a good dose of energy back.

A big thank you from me as well! To everyone. For everything. The friendship, the guitars (and amps), the laughter, the sharing of knowledge, the pictures, the rum etc. You guys rock!

And to all our friends who followed us reading the gretschpages meanwhile... Please try to make it next year! Tubs, Ade, Dave_K, TonyB, Shuggie & Co... we missed the U.K. a lot. JimmyR, audept and our other lovely OZ fellas, our guys and gals from the other side of the pond of course and wherever else you are from: We'd love to meet you in 2018!

Love XXX

Sascha

Oh, me too Bob!

– Michiel

C'mon over!

Sascha and Joe

– Danman

The beauty of Roundups for those of us who can't attend is to see the photographs and to finally put a face with a name. Sascha, you look nothing like I had envisioned you to look. Much, much younger. And here I was thinking that you were an old fart like me.

Sorry to disappoint you, Bob. Hope, that won't change a thing.

I have an old soul, though. (And I'm actually not that young.)

Is Geoff Vane TALL?

I thought we could be friends, but I don't know if I can look up to someone that hard.

It was a pleasure meeting you Sascha! Can I check out your band somewhere? Looking forward hearing something from your recordings.

Is Geoff Vane TALL?

I thought we could be friends, but I don't know if I can look up to someone that hard.

– Proteus

Yes, he is TALL. Some call him "The Towering Inferno". Sometimes he gets on his knees in an awkward attempt to appear shorter and not as intimidating. This only made his presence even more uncomfortable - at least to me

That is actually true haha! But Protty I have a few dwarf friends. Don't be shy. I'll sit down or hang really slanted at awkward angles from a table.

Usually it's not about friendship though. I'm often used as a meeting point beacon: "I'll see you at the Geoff tower around eleven." That's what false hope can look like.

In this diagram I tried to explain how I suffer from tallness, compared to an other random demonstration test person.

Don't worry. I was more than happy to organize them and to contribute a little to the success of the branding session. It was total fun, especially seeing the two guitars and one 6-string ukulele getting successfully branded.

And the good thing is, that each time I visit one of you I will have one beer for free

– blueflame

Thanks Roman! That's very kind. It was a lot of fun indeed! And you're right: We all owe you a beer! I just hope for you that we don't decide to give them to you all at once..... But if you ever are in Amsterdam the beer definitely is on me! And it was great meeting you and hearing you sing! Very nice voice!

Sorry I called you Bluestrain, Blueflame. I had my ear plugs in. And I'm old. Speak up!

Oh, what great recent days I've had. The Roundup weekend was followed by a vocal recording session in the studio today. I could need some holidays now but browsing this thread helps a lot and gives a good dose of energy back.

A big thank you from me as well! To everyone. For everything. The friendship, the guitars (and amps), the laughter, the sharing of knowledge, the pictures, the rum etc. You guys rock!

And to all our friends who followed us reading the gretschpages meanwhile... Please try to make it next year! Tubs, Ade, Dave_K, TonyB, Shuggie & Co... we missed the U.K. a lot. JimmyR, audept and our other lovely OZ fellas, our guys and gals from the other side of the pond of course and wherever else you are from: We'd love to meet you in 2018!

Love XXX

Sascha

– sascha

It really was great meeting you too Sascha! This weekend was amazing. The fun, the music, the talks, the drinks, perfect! And I really enjoyed playing your two vintage beauties! See you soon!

That drawing of Joe and Geoff is actually pretty realistic!!!

Some other photos....

The one and only Danman!!!

Burn, burn, burn:

I was also able to catch some of the insane Geoff moments.... I love the way he doesn't take life to serious Sorry for sharing Geoff. You now have one freebee to kick me a the next Round Up.

Ha! Well Foxy, you are probably new here. Let's say most serious forum members have seen more nasty Geoff images than they would like to. In fact the normal photos are rarest.

Nice pictures, all of them! :D

Yeah, great shots. I'm no good with taking pictures, but I did manage to get a someone to take a shot of the fabulous Joe C and myself (Danman, did you take this?). We are holding my '54 Country Club. For me, one of the highlights of the roundup was plugging this guitar into the Elektra amps. All the clichés you can think of about touch sensitivity, articulation, tone and dynamics apply to these amps. Someone described it as the Elektra compresses, but somehow doesn't sound compressed, just very musical. Like an instrument in it self. No need for reverb in this amp if you ask me.

Yeah, great shots. I'm no good with taking pictures, but I did manage to get a someone to take a shot of the fabulous Joe C and myself (Danman, did you take this?). We are holding my '54 Country Club. For me, one of the highlights of the roundup was plugging this guitar into the Elektra amps. All the clichés you can think of about touch sensitivity, articulation, tone and dynamics apply to these amps. Someone described it as the Elektra compresses, but somehow doesn't sound compressed, just very musical. Like an instrument in it self. No need for reverb in this amp if you ask me.

– Sjolte

Awesome photo Sjolte!!! I want that guitar and just a little bit of your talent!

Awesome photo Sjolte!!! I want that guitar and just a little bit of your talent!

– Foxy

Yes, it's a great shot. You are the one with the talent, Foxy, I just fiddle around with a bit of guitar playing.

Yes, it's a great shot. You are the one with the talent, Foxy, I just fiddle around with a bit of guitar playing.

– Sjolte

Sweet, but I don't see it that way. I am seriously thinking of taking lessons to play guitar... (I only play a few chords and I still can't play with a guitar pick). That way I would be able to play a bit more myself instead of always asking Mike to play with me when I want to sing. Thank you for the compliment though!

Good coverage. These pics are great.

Register Sign in to join the conversation