Meet & Greet

First Hello!

Greetings everyone.

I'm an Aussie (Perth specifically) who plays in a couple of bands performing what I guess some might call "Alt-Country/Americana".

I'll be honest. Telecasters are my main squeeze & that's unlikely to change but, after spending a bit of time with the G6128TDS in Sahara Metallic at the local store where my daughter has drum lessons, well, it decided to come home with me so I figured I should hop on here.

I'm getting the guitar dialled with my rig & getting used to how I feel about the standard Dynasonics but, knowing me and my inability to leave well enough alone some upgrades & swaps & experimentation are pretty likely so I'll be seeking your experience and counsel.

Howdy! How ya doin'?

Lots of Tele fans around here as well.

Welcome! Hope you’ll stick around. A Jet with Dynas is one of the greatest guitar iterations in the known world.

What are you running it through?

Hey all.

My main amp for the past decade has been a Magic Amps Brit MK2 made by Michael Moody in California which is basically a “best of spec” AC15. I use other things in the studio too, and a modded AC4TV at home for volume control, but it's the Brit live.

I was an AC30 guy for the most part for the 15 years prior to the Brit but smaller venues and an older back suggested I needed to downsize.

I use a compact pedalboard live currently: ST200 Turbo Tuner > 3P Roosevelt Drive > XTS Imperial Overdrive > Ryra Klone > Telenordia TT3 Trem > Deluxe Memory Boy > Catalinbread Talisman.

Other notable guitars are an '06 CS Nocaster Reissue with Ron Ellis pickups, my secret weapon TEO Octave 12 string and J45 acoustic.

Welcome to our addiction and the best forum on the webs.

Make yourself at home. Welcome to you. And, what Tsar said!

Welcome to the GDP (Gretsch Discussion Pages), Alticana! We're a guitar friendly forum, where you can feel comfortable discussing just about anything guitar you want. We especially love discussing our Gretsch guitars!

Thats a very nice Duo Jet you have. I favor the Jets, and I have a 6131T PE Firebird Jet. These guitars have an amazing tone, regardless of the pickups. A TV Jones Classic (neck) Classic Plus (bridge) is an excellent Filter'Tron combination, or Gretsch High Sensitivity Filter'Trons are excellent too, but many here prefer a Dyna Jet like yours!

Personally, I quite like the H S Filter'Trons in my Firebird Jet. They have a bit more of a bite than TVJ's (Classics), but are still very sensitive to articulation. I like how they ride the edge, with a tone that is the best electric guitar sound that I have ever heard! I'm hooked.......

You mentioned that you were open for modifying your guitar Others can chime in on their favorite Jet pickups. There's a lot of them.

Welcome aboard Alticana to all things Gretsch!

Jet with good Dynas: best guitar tone in the known universe.

And maybe even the unknown one, too!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the GDP (Gretsch Discussion Pages), Alticana! We're a guitar friendly forum, where you can feel comfortable discussing just about anything guitar you want. We especially love discussing our Gretsch guitars!

Thats a very nice Duo Jet you have. I favor the Jets, and I have a 6131T PE Firebird Jet. These guitars have an amazing tone, regardless of the pickups. A TV Jones Classic (neck) Classic Plus (bridge) is an excellent Filter'Tron combination, or Gretsch High Sensitivity Filter'Trons are excellent too, but many here prefer a Dyna Jet like yours!

Personally, I quite like the H S Filter'Trons in my Firebird Jet. They have a bit more of a bite than TVJ's (Classics), but are still very sensitive to articulation. I like how they ride the edge, with a tone that is the best electric guitar sound that I have ever heard! I'm hooked.......

You mentioned that you were open for modifying your guitar Others can chime in on their favorite Jet pickups. There's a lot of them.

– Wade H

I was actually wondering if anyone had combined Dynas and Filtertron style pickups in the same guitar. A Dyna in the neck and a Filtertron in the bridge?

I can imagine it being a versatile combo in lots of ways but I have no idea what the mixed pickup sound would be like. I tend to like bright neck pickups because of the way I EQ my amps being an 80% of the time bridge pickup guy.

Register Sign in to join the conversation