Meet & Greet

Finally Realized The Dream

Glad she arrived safely. Yamaha makes great stuff. I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone that I own one. Make sure those blacktop filtertrons are up as high as they'll go, for best results.

Glad she arrived safely. Yamaha makes great stuff. I wouldn't be ashamed to tell anyone that I own one. Make sure those blacktop filtertrons are up as high as they'll go, for best results.

– Suprdave

Thanks for the tip.

Of all the guitars that have passed through my hands over the years, I probably regret getting rid of Yamahas the most. Never had a bad one, and I've worn a couple of them out. But those were pretty wore out by the time they made their way into my hands.

Update on my first Gretsch . So I've been playing the 5420T for a few weeks, now and I can't get over how fast and smooth it plays. I've had a couple sets of strings on it and found out that I like lighter strings best. (.10-.46).

Also: The day after my wife and I helped our next-door-neighbor pay for and erect the new privacy fence between us, he brought over a Peavy Classic 30 amp and said, "I bought it to play worship 10 years ago and it's just too loud for Church." He told me to enjoy it as long as I like and if he needs it, he knows where to find it. It makes that Gretsch sound MUCH better than the Line-6. Now to save enough to make him an offer.....

I've given myself over completely to the Cult Of Gretsch.

Good choice on the Classic 30! They sound great, especially with a Gretsch.

Good choice on the Classic 30! They sound great, especially with a Gretsch.

– BuddyHollywood

Wish I could take credit for the choice, but since he''s a Youth Pastor and Praise Group music director, I'm gonna chalk this one up to Divine Intervention...

Register Sign in to join the conversation