Meet & Greet

Figured I’d say hello..

Hey everyone, been lurking here for a while now. Name's Mike, I live up in New Hampshire where it's a tad cold right now.

I haven't been a guitar player for very long, maybe two years now, I've played saxophone since I was little, so the music thing has been in me for a while. I started playing guitar when I formed my last band because I couldn't find a reliable guitar player. I've also started singing for the same reason. Now if I could only do drums and bass at the same time....anyway, I picked up Gretsch 5022CE as my first new guitar, and I just ordered a 5422 in walnut which should be here in a few weeks.

In my spare time I build cigar box guitars, and pretend to be a woodworker.

I doubt I'll have all that much to contribute to discussions around here, but I figured I'd say hello and thank you for all the wisdom you guys have imparted on me.

Cheers!

-Mike

Welcome to the Pages, Mike.

Welcome, Mike, from another New England resident . . .

Glad to see you come out of the shadows, Mike!

If you know a scrap or three of music theory, saxophones, and cigar-box guitar construction, you know relevant stuff a lot of us don't know (for starters), and that will put you in a good position to contribute.

Paul/FF909

I doubt I'll have all that much to contribute to discussions around here...

Most of us don't either, but we do anyway. :D Welcome to the gang.

– Bob Howard

– Bob Howard

That seems to be the way with most forums. It's all in good fun.

Didn't realize my screen name was my full name so I just truncated it. Michael is just waaaaaay too formal for me.

Hey, Mike! Since you've been lurking here for awhile, you know how cool this forum really is.

Pretty much. I think it comes with the Gretsch. It's definitely like a secret club. Not a very secret club, but something most other guitar players don't seem to "get".

– Bob Howard

– Michael Barger

– Bob Howard

– Mike B

Me, too. Welcome.

Welcome to the group. You have spare time? Its a rare thing.

– CBell

– CBell

Well, no, not really. It's time "when I should be doing more important things", but that's no fun. ;-)

Welcome Mike, cold down here in Boston today too!

Mike, as a veteran musician, I would have thought that you would have learned by now that all guitar players are inherently unreliable. :D !#$@%

By the way, welcome to the GDP.

Welcome, Mike.

It's supposed to hit 82 here today.

Don

welcome aboard Mike. reliable guitar player..what's that? lol 82 here now in so Calif.

Welcome!

It's 17 and Clear here today. :P

Welcome Mike from another Mike.

It got up to about 9 degrees in central OH today.

Cheers!

Welcome Mike it's a bit crisp up here in K town -21 C not Fahrenheit enjoy the site for its wealth of info

Hi Mike, and welcome to the forum. Cold in Scotland, too.

Welcome, Mike.

We love to see pics - and,in particular, I'd love to see some pics of the cigar box guits you've built.

Thanks everyone. It's even colder today.

I'll post up some pics of the cigar box guitars when I get home tonight, or you can go my Cigar Box Nationpage and check them out there. There's a lot of really talented builders on that site too. It's another site to just get lost in.

Hello. And do you say caah, as in Bring the caah 'round we're off to the Hampshires? Just wondering.

Register Sign in to join the conversation