Meet & Greet

EURO ROUNDUP ANYONE ????? THE FIXED DATE IS: 1st to 3rd SEPTEMBER!!…

From what I found online, they are open until midnight on Friday and Saturday, but closed on Sunday. It seems to be a classic "neighbourhood pub" with a few snacks. It might be worth to check on a weekend, how much guests they usually have, so we know, if we need a reservation maybe.

Sad news.I've talked to my friend bout the extra room.No way!! He 's also seeing a big problem in the barbecue .He's not the owner and in Germany it's hard with fire protection ordinance I have a plan b.But if that don't work, we have to cancel the event.

Voodoo: I wouldn't worry about the responses. I'm pretty sure that more people will attend. It’s still far away and not everyone can or wants to commit yet. But they will!

I agree that it would be nice if there was another space to hang out in. My ears really don’t want to be subjected to loud music for three days in a row. And it would also be nice if people could just talk while others play. And I can’t imagine that TV Jones would want to hang out for three days listening to us….. ; )
Too bad that the owner won’t let us use the other space. Is he only worried that we might steal something? Perhaps we could rent a tent or covering so we can be outside but not get wet in case it rains?

And how close is the hotel? You said right across the street? How many guests does it take? I mean, can’t we reserve the hotel for the weekend so there are no other guests? Perhaps we can get a good deal if we promise it will be booked. Then we could perhaps also spend time there….

And can you tell us about how well the place is secured? There will be a small fortune on instruments there and then I am still only talking about my own ….. ; )
I mean, I don’t feel like going to have a drink or bite somewhere else and leave my guitars unattended…..

Voodoo: I wouldn't worry about the responses. I'm pretty sure that more people will attend. It’s still far away and not everyone can or wants to commit yet. But they will!

I agree that it would be nice if there was another space to hang out in. My ears really don’t want to be subjected to loud music for three days in a row. And it would also be nice if people could just talk while others play. And I can’t imagine that TV Jones would want to hang out for three days listening to us….. ; )
Too bad that the owner won’t let us use the other space. Is he only worried that we might steal something? Perhaps we could rent a tent or covering so we can be outside but not get wet in case it rains?

And how close is the hotel? You said right across the street? How many guests does it take? I mean, can’t we reserve the hotel for the weekend so there are no other guests? Perhaps we can get a good deal if we promise it will be booked. Then we could perhaps also spend time there….

And can you tell us about how well the place is secured? There will be a small fortune on instruments there and then I am still only talking about my own ….. ; )
I mean, I don’t feel like going to have a drink or bite somewhere else and leave my guitars unattended…..

– Danman

I'll ckeck out another opportunity.I think it was a blind shot, I've done and was to enthusiastic that'll work this way.When it fails, I see no other way. I also thought about the safety and to sleep in the room by myself in cause of that.But I promised Tauna, that they'll be my guests for the time; so that's no option.I'll check it out.

Oh, I didn't mean to dismiss the idea with my post.... I like it and hope it works!
Wouldn't it be worth a shot to contact the hotel owner and try to reserve the hotel for the weekend? Of course depending on how many people the hotel takes..... I mean, he'll probably have more people than he normally would on such a weekend....

I think there is a public restaurant, so at least noise would probably be something to avoid. But I like the idea of booking all rooms. We'd had some space to chat.

Oh, I didn't mean to dismiss the idea with my post.... I like it and hope it works!
Wouldn't it be worth a shot to contact the hotel owner and try to reserve the hotel for the weekend? Of course depending on how many people the hotel takes..... I mean, he'll probably have more people than he normally would on such a weekend....

– Danman

Therefore I really have to know, who's coming and the idea of mine is, to use the restaurant even for a "really good" meal instead of barbecue and make a safe reservation as a group.

I informed GT about the planned Roundup. During this one day three people are interested: Stefan from Germany, one guy from NL and one from Belgium. No final decison so far, not astonishing, because it's too early, I think.

Regarding the mentioned pub ... they only have fast food snacks as it seems, but every foreigner shouldn't miss German "Currywurst" ... LOL

A second Netherlands guy has shown interest, so the GT counter shows 4 (me excluded to avoid a double count). So far nobody is 100% sure.

I hope, we find a solution to fix the event.

Regarding barbecue ... how about a small electric instead of "fire" for the day and a restaurant for the evening? Any chance for a tent or something like that, in case it rains?

As I said above ... 3 months left, so we still have enough time to check out alternatives, right?

A second Netherlands guy has shown interest, so the GT counter shows 4 (me excluded to avoid a double count). So far nobody is 100% sure.

I hope, we find a solution to fix the event.

Regarding barbecue ... how about a small electric instead of "fire" for the day and a restaurant for the evening? Any chance for a tent or something like that, in case it rains?

As I said above ... 3 months left, so we still have enough time to check out alternatives, right?

– Aymara

Would you please delete the hotelinfos on GT.I don't want someone to check in, when the event is that vacant.

I think the hotel info is needed for geographical orientation, but I'll inform, that it's unclear, if the event will take place. Ok?

PS: Btw, I can no longer edit the opening post!

Hey Holly, I have an idea ... not far away is Rockland-Music, who also have Gretsch besides Gibson and Rickenbacker. Maybe we can arrange something with them? But the last time I was there, was years ago, so I don't remember about details as parking situation, etc..

PS: Maybe we should discuss that further by phone?

Is that maybe the shop of Holly's friend who also runs the rehearsing space?

Hey Holly, I have an idea ... not far away is Rockland-Music, who also have Gretsch besides Gibson and Rickenbacker. Maybe we can arrange something with them? But the last time I was there, was years ago, so I don't remember about details as parking situation, etc..

PS: Maybe we should discuss that further by phone?

– Aymara

That's my plan B Here in Witten are 2 Musicshops and the first one has the Rehearsal rooms.Rockland Music has wider Space and is also Gretsch dealer.The owners are also friends of mine.I'll try to talk to him today and let ya all know, if and how it will happen.

He's not in the house today I'll send him an E-Mail bout our plans and hope to talk to him in person ASAP.

That's my plan B Here in Witten are 2 Musicshops and the first one has the Rehearsal rooms.Rockland Music has wider Space and is also Gretsch dealer.The owners are also friends of mine.I'll try to talk to him today and let ya all know, if and how it will happen.

– Voodooholly

It seems, that your Plan B might become a nice Plan A

Bump the roundup!

So, now that Joe Carducci has announced that he is going to be attending the Roundup, this has become a must-attend event for not only all Gretsch players that you know, but also for all players of all brands.

Just how often does a representative from any of the large US manufacturers of guitars come over to Europe so that he can meet the players who actually use the guitars his company builds? Just how often does this happen? I would think that it is an extraordinarily rare occurrence. Voodooholly and all of the other regular attendees should use this as a selling point to interest all of the guitar players that they know to attend the event. You may want to consider whether the existing venue will be adequate if you are able to get all of your guitar-playing friends to attend.

In any event, you won't want to miss this Roundup. Joe C. is worth the price of admission to this one (there's no admission fee, right? ) The Euro Roundup just became an "event" not to be missed.

I informed Gretsch-Talk, that Joe will come too.

First reaction: "The Euro Roundup just went legit!"

I informed Gretsch-Talk, that Joe will come too.

First reaction: "The Euro Roundup just went legit!"

– Aymara

Excuse me?! They always were!

Anyways, I'm going to do everything I can to make it again, I once missed a European round-up (because I didn't know it existed back in 2008), and I'm not planning on doing so again.

Excuse me?! They always were!

Anyways, I'm going to do everything I can to make it again, I once missed a European round-up (because I didn't know it existed back in 2008), and I'm not planning on doing so again.

– Merijn

I think he wanted to say, that it's now not only a meeting of Gretsch enthusiast, but an official Gretsch meeting.

But who cares ... important is, that Joe joins, right?

I think he wanted to say, that it's now not only a meeting of Gretsch enthusiast, but an official Gretsch meeting.

But who cares ... important is, that Joe joins, right?

– Aymara

We had Official Gretsch Certificates at our first Round Up in 2008. They were sent to us by Gretsch. And Joe wanted to come to one of our Round Ups but couldn't make it.
But even more important: We all were Gretsch enthusiasts. That makes it pretty legit and official to me.... ; )
And even though it's great that Joe is coming, and I can't wait to see him again if I go, that doesn't make it good or bad. A Round Up is made by the people organizing and playing.... ; )

Amen!

– sascha

Ha ha, yes and we need a few good drinks of beer.....

Ha ha, yes and we need a few good drinks of beer.....

– Danman

Double amen!

Register Sign in to join the conversation