Meet & Greet

EURO ROUNDUP ANYONE ????? THE FIXED DATE IS: 1st to 3rd SEPTEMBER!!…

Where do you come from? Kruemmel is 1/4 hour from me to ride.I saw, they're open from 6am to 3 pm.So there's no way for me, to get there right on time ; (

– Voodooholly

For me it's similar, but I would be able to shop there Saturday morning.

I haven't finalised my summer plans but there's a chance I could make it. Problem is that I'd be at the back end of an archive trip and wouldn't be able to bring guitars, Would that be ok?

I haven't finalised my summer plans but there's a chance I could make it. Problem is that I'd be at the back end of an archive trip and wouldn't be able to bring guitars, Would that be ok?

– Nick45

I'm sure there will be more guitars than people and after all it's about the community! You can play whatever I bring. Hope to see you there.

That's kind, thank you! If anyone can get hold of a double bass, I could play that for jams...

That's kind, thank you! If anyone can get hold of a double bass, I could play that for jams...

– Nick45

The bass player in Voodooholly's band has one I think. Maybe he turns up as well or we could at least borrow it for a few days.

I talked to our Bassplayer.Green light for the use.I hope one or two more amps for guitarplayers will come.

I talked to our Bassplayer.Green light for the use.I hope one or two more amps for guitarplayers will come.

– Voodooholly

I'm travelling by train, so I can't take an amp with me unfortunately. I hope Michiel brings at least one Elektra and maybe others can help out.

I suggest you put the details in the Happenings section.

Have a great time! I'd love to find an excuse (read 'company business conveniently scheduled around the event') to attend.

I'm sure I will be bringing an amp or two and I could take some guitars. We always ended up with lots of amps in the past and more guitars that can be played. So anyone without amp or guitar will be fine.
It's fun having ten amps blasting away at the same time and everyone sort of playing in the same key.....; )

I'm sure I will be bringing an amp or two and I could take some guitars. We always ended up with lots of amps in the past and more guitars that can be played. So anyone without amp or guitar will be fine.
It's fun having ten amps blasting away at the same time and everyone sort of playing in the same key.....; )

– Danman

That sounds great.I'm so excited.Tauna wrote me a message, that we'll meet in september.So I guess it's fix that TV JONES will be there, too. Hoooray!!!

Cool. Is there any other space in the building that we could use??? Gear talk, soldering, testing... that sort of stuff. I wish I could come by truck. My '58 Country Club will be ready in a few weeks and I have some '59 Filtertrons to put in my 6120. And you have to play my Duo Jet.

Cool. Is there any other space in the building that we could use??? Gear talk, soldering, testing... that sort of stuff. I wish I could come by truck. My '58 Country Club will be ready in a few weeks and I have some '59 Filtertrons to put in my 6120. And you have to play my Duo Jet.

– sascha

Sadly no!! There´s just one room and the toilets.I think,the important thing will be,that there is a place to meet for the first time again after years And we have to be glad,as it is for the moment.

Maybe there's something in the hotel across the street. Do they have a website?

I´ll doubt it .It´s a tiny Hotel with a Restaurant,so the guests don´t want to be disturbed. I´ll open a new thread about the infos later here

OK,here´s the link to the booking thread. Please proof,that you´re on the list.If not, feel free to add your name to it. Link

Maybe there's something in the hotel across the street. Do they have a website?

– sascha

Maybe there's a cafe or pub nearby for just talking in case it rains?

One rehearsal room might be not be enough depending on how many people will come.

Just imagine 20 players want to come and half of them have wifes being interested to join too. If there's only one room even 10 guests can be pretty much.

Look at the list and you will see, that it don't seem so.

– Voodooholly

When we add me and my wife, who's interested too, we are 9. If TV Jones comes with his sweetheart, we are already 11.

If we now would also inform the members of GT, 20 is not unlikely.

So what do you want ... more or less?

Joking aside ... is that an option, to inform GT or should it be GDP exclusive? I ask, because the US Roundup is always announced in both forums.

When we add me and my wife, who's interested too, we are 9. If TV Jones comes with his sweetheart, we are already 11.

If we now would also inform the members of GT, 20 is not unlikely.

So what do you want ... more or less?

Joking aside ... is that an option, to inform GT or should it be GDP exclusive? I ask, because the US Roundup is always announced in both forums.

– Aymara

Everyone is welcome If you want to post it there, you're welcome. I just wanted everybody to know ,about the situation of the location.The other option will be: No Meeting !! Shure we'll find a pub for the non -Gretschin' folks.But I guess , that's the tiniest problem.We are all adults and everyone should decide, if it's important and interesting enough for him under this aspects.Like I said, I can only make it clear for hotel and the room.

BTW: When you're really interested, add your and your wife's name to the list.Otherwhise nothing moves forward.

Everyone is welcome If you want to post it there, you're welcome. I just wanted everybody to know ,about the situation of the location.The other option will be: No Meeting !! Shure we'll find a pub for the non -Gretschin' folks.But I guess , that's the tiniest problem.We are all adults and everyone should decide, if it's important and interesting enough for him under this aspects.Like I said, I can only make it clear for hotel and the room.

BTW: When you're really interested, add your and your wife's name to the list.Otherwhise nothing moves forward.

– Voodooholly

VH, just to avoid being misunderstood ... I don't want to critizise anything, just give some inspirations to make this event a success, no matter, if it rains or not.

In case we have nice weather, everything will be fine, I guess, but if it should rain the whole day, it might be a bit problematic, if a lot of folks have to stay the whole day in a rehearsal room. So my idea was, to think of alternatives, especially when we have special guests (TVJ).

So one last question ... any problems with the barbecue in case it rains?

Regarding GT, I thought, though most German members visit both forums, there might be some folks from NL and UK, who are only GT member, but might be interested. So if you say, everyone's welcome, I'll take care about a GT announcement.

Oh ... one last interesting topic ... it might be interesting to know, who wants to come on all three days or maybe only on Saturday, right?

PS: I'm definitely interested, but so far not 100% sure, if I can make it ... but I think 90%

That's why I asked for an additional room somewhere in the same building or nearby. I have no problem with paying a few extra bucks. We could even use a hallway. A table, a few chairs maybe and electricity. We don't need much.

Have you been there before, Holly? Is there nothing else in the building but the rehearsal room? I think we need some space to talk, inspect gear and so on. Meeting TV Jones in such an environment for example is an opportunity to good to fxxk up. Same with Michiel and Elektra amps. They've got a business running and it's fair enough to give them some kind of platform. If we bundle our competences and recources all will be good.

My problem is the trouble with my new job, household is a mess at the moment, I have to take care for my daughter and time is more than rare.I talked to my friend about the second bigger room and he said No! He's worrying bout the stuff from other musicians, that standing in there, will be damaged.I can try to convince him, to change his mind.The only intension was:better a little Roundup, that's not allready perfect, than no Roundup for another few years. I don't wanna piss off someone, but as I said, time is rare and family and job goes first.

I checked, what options we have, that are not far away ... there is a pub / restaurant called "Haus Eckey", which seems to be less than 1 km from the rehearsal room. Maybe that's an option for the evening?

We have around 3 months left for planning, so ... and who said Holly needs to arrange everything himself?!

I checked, what options we have, that are not far away ... there is a pub / restaurant called "Haus Eckey", which seems to be less than 1 km from the rehearsal room. Maybe that's an option for the evening?

We have around 3 months left for planning, so ... and who said Holly needs to arrange everything himself?!

– Aymara

That sounds good. I can check it out there. But here in Germany it´s getting stronger with the law and at 10 Pm you have to finish playing

Register Sign in to join the conversation