Meet & Greet

EURO ROUNDUP ANYONE ????? THE FIXED DATE IS: 1st to 3rd SEPTEMBER!!…

Hi folks, yesterday I´ve chatted with Geoff Vane while he was with Michiel at the show and told him, that it´s time to meet again. He said : If you can find a bunker, where we can play, let´s do it. After a few minutes of thinking, I got the idea.

Yeeeeeehhha !!!

A friend of mine has a music shop here in town and rented a building in an old industrial park, to build up some rehearsal rooms there. I talked to him about the idea yesterday and he will support me, in starting a Roundup right there. It´s located here in Germany near Dortmund. There´s all we´ll need. The room is 5x9 meters and included are a powerful PA, drums, a bassamp,and a solid state guitar amp. Toilets are upstairs and we could do a Barbecue. On the other side of the building,at the streetside, is a little Hotel and in sight is the train station and a big supermarket.The location is 2 minutes from the Highway. I think, that all sounds perfect for a Roundup So, let´s hear ,what you guys ( and gals) are thinking.

Generally I'm in. Would love to meet you guys.

Sascha, you're always welcome, even without a Roundup ;)

Sounds like a plan. Would love to come!

Would be great if I can fit it in the schedule!

Yes, that sounds cool, our EURO roundups were always great. We just need to find a date!

You can't have an authentic European Roundup without Geoff Vane, can you?

– Ric12string

Where sits he right now??? Geoff ,get up and come out of the cave.

wish I could make it over there. sounds like y'all have the perfect place to have a Roundup. everything is very close by. that's one thing that I appreciated about Germany(or all of Europe for that matter), everything was always nearby. train stations, hotels, restaurants, etc etc.

Sounds like a plan!

So , let's find a date alltogether.

What about the very first weekend in September? Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd.

Far enough to organize everything and close enough to look forward to.

String up your fiddles, guys!

I'm open for everything. When we have a date, I can have a talk to the hotel leader, about our plans.

I'd love to attend but not this year I'm afraid. Too much overdue house maintenance and other stuff.

Due to current events: Brits are more than welcome, too!

Send out the emergency medical officials to Geoff Vane's house. Me thinks that it is very unusual that he has not popped up yet into this thread.

I'm so excited and hope to welcome you in my hometown.Alone the idea makes me feel like a child on Christmas.Make my dream come true and let's come all together, to have a great time.When we have found a date, I can talk with the hotel and will post the link of it.So everyone, who'd be interested, can book a room there!!

Send out the emergency medical officials to Geoff Vane's house. Me thinks that it is very unusual that he has not popped up yet into this thread.

– Ric12string

Too much hair.

He hasn't shown up yet in this thread, because nobody has mentioned the word "prizes".

There, I did it for you.

Geoff Vane is now circling in for a landing . . .

– Ric12string

Actually it depends on how you define authentic…… ; )
The first (and really authentic) Euro Round Up was in September 2008 and was attended by: Dr.Nyl (who was the one who came up with the idea), Sjolte, Ratrod (who organized a great location for 5 years), Rocketman (who disappeared from the face of the earth), Will and Danman (who happens to be me).
And for the record: Sjolte and Dr.Nyl are the first two people on this planet to attend an international GDP Round Up outside of their country! Of course first Deke Martin and then Danman were the first people to visit a GDP Round Up on another continent…… ; )

But of course Geoff will be sorely missed if he wouldn’t attend this one. And I hope he does. We need someone to tell us that our amps and guitars are sounding good and why not…… ; )
Anyway, I’m looking forward to another Round Up. It’s been too long!

And another 2008

Register Sign in to join the conversation