Meet & Greet

lol

Hi Sascha. Do you know if we will also be able to use the room after the shop has closed on Saturday? And what about friday evening? Thanks, Roman

– blueflame

Voodooholly is friends with the owner, so I'm sure there will no need to go to bed early.

Two songs I'd love to sing (and I won't leave without having done it, guys):

"We want the airwaves" (by the Ramones; talked to Danman about this, seems doable) and a dirty version of Eddie's "Somethin' else" please.

Oh, and maybe Neil Young's "Powderfinger". I count on our Dutch brigade. ;)

And I'm sure we'll find some Rock'n'Roll classics with a little Doo Wop thrown in.

Two songs I'd love to sing (and I won't leave without having done it, guys):

"We want the airwaves" (by the Ramones; talked to Danman about this, seems doable) and a dirty version of Eddie's "Somethin' else" please.

Oh, and maybe Neil Young's "Powderfinger". I count on our Dutch brigade. ;)

And I'm sure we'll find some Rock'n'Roll classics with a little Doo Wop thrown in.

– sascha

You can count on 'Airwaves' and 'something else'! I would have to listen to Powderfinger. But perhaps there is someone else who can play that.

Powderfinger is doable! And i can do 'Something Else' as well. If there's a (extra) drummer needed, i'll bring some sticks, too.

I was wondering if we can jam at Rockland, since there's no other room? Or did i miss something?

Sounds good, guys! Rockland has an extra space for workshops etc. I trust Holly. He knows the place well and I'm sure we can plug in our guitars on Friday.

Very nice, looks good! Is there any chance of a (small) drumkit we can use? I'd love to do some drumming, as i can't play all that Stray Cat-stuff on guitar!

To wipe the fears away: Schmale (the owner of Rockland) isn't a great guy just bodywise, he's very great and interested to make it a good Roundup space. I called him on the phone 5 minutes ago and he will organize a drumset, bassamp mics and stands.We can jam on friday, but he has to open the shop the next morning, so we couldn't jam till nights. We can also jam on saturday till open end, or he says when it's over. Hold in mind, we are guests and that our behavior will show that.He's open to redo a Roundup next year, if that one will work out fine. On sunday he has a date at 12'o clock, so we have to put out our stuff at the shop at 11:00.

Sounds perfect Voodoo! And we'll behave. Although I can't promise that I won't chase the customers away with my playing.... ; )

I am also looking forward for the weekend.

Voodooholly: Besides being at Rockland, can we still make use of the band room close by the hotel? And do we have the chance to make a fire for the "G"-brand iron that Joe would bring with him? Then we could organize the wooden planks for the branding. Is there anything else that could be done?

For the songs, I would list a few later on that I like to sing.

– blueflame

Please give me a feedback about the woodplanks. Otherwise I can't plan to get them.

Please give me a feedback about the woodplanks. Otherwise I can't plan to get them.

– Voodooholly

Hi Voodooholly. I could organize them and bring them with me on Friday.

I will send you a PM with my contact details and maybe we could have an e-mail distribution to exchange additional information with all participants.

Roman

Hi Voodooholly. I could organize them and bring them with me on Friday.

I will send you a PM with my contact details and maybe we could have an e-mail distribution to exchange additional information with all participants.

Roman

– blueflame

Sounds great!! The measures are 15,2 cm x 33,5 cm , 1,2-1,5 cm thick. Could you please add a plank double sized extra for the Rockland shop ? The PM funktion is often out of order !!! So give me a call at :: voodooholly at arcor.de

Ok, here is a list of songs that I like singing. No fear, I don't want to sing them all . Just have a look if there is something you would like to do. By the way, I usually have to lower the key to fit with my voice. If there is interest I could provide my chord sheets via mail.

My favourites:

• Need Your Love So Bad - Fleetwood Mac (Key of E)
  • Midnite Blues - Charlie Rich (Key of Am)
  • Rome Wasnt Built In A Day - Nick Lowe (Key of D)
  • My Ol' Guitar - Gary Bennett (Key of D)

Some Doo Wop:

• What's Your Name - Don and Juan (Key of C)
  • My True Story - The Jive Five (Key of A)

Some Country:

• Lifetime To Prove - BR5-49 (Key of E)
  • Flowers On The Wall - The Statler Brothers/Eric Heatherly (Key of E)
  • There Stands The Glass - Webb Pierce (Key of B)
  • Blue Blue Day - James Intveld/Don Gibson (Key of C)
  • Live Fast Love Hard Die Young - Faron Young (Key of C)
  • Sea Of Heartbreak - Don Gibson (Key of G)
  • Lovesick Blues - Hank Williams (Key of C)

Some Soul:

• Cupid - Sam Cooke (Key of C)
  • What Am I Living For - Chuck Willis (Key of E)
  • Cry To Me - Solomon Burke (Key of A)

Some Eddie:

• Teenage Heaven - Eddie Cochran (Key of D)
  • Hallelujah I Love Her So - Eddie Cochran (Key of G)

Some Elvis:

• I Forgot to Remember to Forget - Elvis Presley (Key of D)
  • Fever - Elvis Presley (Key of Am)
  • Pocketful Of Rainbows - Elvis Presley (Key of A)

And some other stuff I like:

• It Doesn't Matter Anymore - Buddy Holly (Key of E)
  • Oh, Darling - Beatles (Key of C)
  • Let The Good Times Roll - JD McPherson (Key of E)
  • Wicked Game - Chris Isaak (Key of Gm)
  • You're Sixteen - Johnny Burnette (Key of A)
  • So Sad - Everly Brothers (Key of D)
  • Pep Torres - When you dream (Key of F)

Allright my first post! I have been invited to join the roundup by part of the Dutch Brigade (Geoff and Will, thank you!)

I will join on Saturday at Rockland and i'm going to bring my vintage Double Annie that I restored. Looking forward to meeting all of you + Joe Carducci and TV Jones :)

I would love to get my hands on a "G" brand woodenplank with my (real) name on it.

3 questions:

1. where do I need to send my personal information for on the G brand plank?
  2. at what time does the event start at Rockland on Saturday?
  3. is there timetable with the events on Saturday?

Allright my first post! I have been invited to join the roundup by part of the Dutch Brigade (Geoff and Will, thank you!)

I will join on Saturday at Rockland and i'm going to bring my vintage Double Annie that I restored. Looking forward to meeting all of you + Joe Carducci and TV Jones :)

I would love to get my hands on a "G" brand woodenplank with my (real) name on it.

3 questions:

1. where do I need to send my personal information for on the G brand plank?
  2. at what time does the event start at Rockland on Saturday?
  3. is there timetable with the events on Saturday?
– Esparoba1

You can read above, what's going on.So no need, to order a plank before.When you're there, we'll add the names.No program , just improvisation and fun. This thread gives you all the informations, that you need.Just bring your guitar and have fun.

Sounds great!! The measures are 15,2 cm x 33,5 cm , 1,2-1,5 cm thick. Could you please add a plank double sized extra for the Rockland shop ? The PM funktion is often out of order !!! So give me a call at :: voodooholly at arcor.de

– Voodooholly

I have been to my local diy store and there are two options:

1. A plywood panel of pine or birch where I could get pieces of 150 x 300 x 12 mm. ~ 1,5€ per piece

2. A solid bar of spruce where I could get pieces of 140 x 312,5 x 18 mm. ~ 1€ per piece

Personally I would go for the spruce option. But let me know about your preferences.

I have been to my local diy store and there are two options:

1. A plywood panel of pine or birch where I could get pieces of 150 x 300 x 12 mm. ~ 1,5€ per piece

2. A solid bar of spruce where I could get pieces of 140 x 312,5 x 18 mm. ~ 1€ per piece

Personally I would go for the spruce option. But let me know about your preferences.

– blueflame

And the spruce

I think the measures couldn't be lesser.Otherwise it wouldnt fit with the laminates, that Joe is bringin'

Register Sign in to join the conversation