Meet & Greet

EURO Roundup 1to 3rd September! Please read exactly, what is there,…

OK, here are the infos: The Date is from the 1st of september till the 3rd.!!!!!! The place is Witten,Germany. 20 Km from Dortmund City. The place is a rehearsal room with toilets and we can have maybe a diner together in the hotel restaurant .On the streetside is the little Hotel with 6 double and 2 single rooms (a 7th double room could be arranged) The price for a single room per overnight is 54,50 € and a double room for 79,50 €.Breakfast is 6 € extra.You can pay the booking with credit card!!! Here's the link: https://www.hotel-hoppe-wit... Behind of the Hotel( in an industrial park) is the location.It´s also located one minute from the train station We only have this room,so we have to check out,how we´ll do it with the program.My idea is,to organize beer and softdrinks for the first evening and we throw money together,to pay the bill. On saturday we can alltogether go out for shopping in the supermarket(3 minutes by walking),for beer and drinks .I know ,it´s not perfect,but the only way,to come together !!!! I´m not responsible for organizing a nice trip or to please everyone ,like a teacher.I only can spend the room and the informations for a Hotel. The rest is on you and what we make out of the situation. The rehearsal room is equipped with a good PA, a mixer,drumset, bassamp and a solid state guitar amp.It´s a 6x9 meter spaced room,so we should do fine. I beg you all, not to use this thread for discussions, cause it´s just for the list and the hotel infos!!!More informations,ideas and discussions hereLink Here´s the list for those,who´ll come to this event.Please use the reply function,to add your name to the list,that we can estimate,how much people will be there. If the hotel is overbooked,please let me know and I will add the link to another one down the street.My idea is to get all under one hotelroof.Maybe we can use the hotel in common,for the next Roundup,if the leader of it is interested.But that´s still dust in the wind!!Please talk together,who´ll maybe share a room.So it will be a lot cheaper for everyone

Here´s the copied list. feel free ,to complete it !!! 1) Me (Voodooholly) 2) sascha 3) Danman.... if I can make it that date..... 4) Will 5) chek 6) blueflame 7) Geoff Vane

Cool, i'm already on the list!

Maybe we can use this thread of participants for people who'd rather travel together, since we're on the list here.

I, for instance, dislike driving long distances. And i don't trust my car for such rides. I'd love to meet up along the way and carpool with other folk. We'd surely have something to talk while driving!

So if anyone would hook up with me ...

[instant edit] after looking up the location, never mind. much closer than i thought. Anyhoo, catching up along the way would still be fun!

How about driving in Germany, do we need permits?

Cool, i'm already on the list!

Maybe we can use this thread of participants for people who'd rather travel together, since we're on the list here.

I, for instance, dislike driving long distances. And i don't trust my car for such rides. I'd love to meet up along the way and carpool with other folk. We'd surely have something to talk while driving!

So if anyone would hook up with me ...

[instant edit] after looking up the location, never mind. much closer than i thought. Anyhoo, catching up along the way would still be fun!

How about driving in Germany, do we need permits?

– will

Visitors are allowed to drive a car in Germany, if they have a foreign drivers licence, but you need a translation of that licence, if it isn't a licence from an EU country.

I fear, we first need to bump the other thread:

http://gretschpages.com/for...

– Aymara

Totally wrong!! I first have to know, how many people will come.The list is frozen and I have no arguments, to deal something out.So it's more fact, that the whole thing will be cancelled, in cause of a few, that don't understand the sense of this meeting. I guess our american friends will lough out loud, bout our pussy behaviour and I'm nearly pissed off, to work something out and it seems never to be good enough!!!

Totally wrong!! I first have to know, how many people will come.The list is frozen and I have no arguments, to deal something out.So it's more fact, that the whole thing will be cancelled, in cause of a few, that don't understand the sense of this meeting. I guess our american friends will lough out loud, bout our pussy behaviour and I'm nearly pissed off, to work something out and it seems never to be good enough!!!

– Voodooholly

No, not wrong. As long as nobody knows, what to expect, less and less people will be interested.

Imagine you're are a potential guest, that comes from Munich, Berlin, the Netherlands, etc., and has to travel several hours and to pay a hotel. Would you confirm that event, if you expect to spend three whole days only in a rehearsal room?

Who would do that? Any confirmations?

In my opinion ... the more appealing the event "program", the more guests will come.

No, not wrong. As long as nobody knows, what to expect, less and less people will be interested.

Imagine you're are a potential guest, that comes from Munich, Berlin, the Netherlands, etc., and has to travel several hours and to pay a hotel. Would you confirm that event, if you expect to spend three whole days only in a rehearsal room?

Who would do that? Any confirmations?

In my opinion ... the more appealing the event "program", the more guests will come.

– Aymara

If you can read, you'll see, that I wrote the facts clearly.And the guys, I expected, are on the list. I'm not able, to arrange a NAMM SHOW.for those, who won't to come anyway. But you are, as I read in in your posts.I'm a fulltime jobber, who raise his daughter alone and have other problems, than to create an event with big attractions for people, that I don't even know. The idea was, to get together the uncomplicated way, than no meeting for the next few years.So, I'm out and it's your turn.Let us know, about your plans and thank you , for open my mind. A longtime fella here promised, that it'll end this way, before I posted my idea.

Voodoo. Sometimes you give a meter and people want 100 meters. I have hosted some easy, no-frills rounds in the past and it worked out well.
Rather than cancel, maybe just spell out again: "Here is what it is. No more no less. I am not a travel agent. Let's have some fun meeting and making music."

Voodoo. Sometimes you give a meter and people want 100 meters. I have hosted some easy, no-frills rounds in the past and it worked out well.
Rather than cancel, maybe just spell out again: "Here is what it is. No more no less. I am not a travel agent. Let's have some fun meeting and making music."

– NJBob

Thank you for this great comment.I'll go further.I had a chat with Geoff Vane and he was sad about the cancelling.And you're right.

Geoff told me, that Joey C. is on plan for coming, too.

@Aymara: who travels a few hours and booking a hotel room, to stay 3 days in a rehearsal room???

How's about MUSICIANS!!!

Who'll have some fun in a cave , is welcome

We need to talk to hotel. Why not book the whole little thing. It can't be that bad. Let's stay there under one roof and make it a private party on Saturday night in the restaurant. If the order is big enough I'm sure that could work.

We need to talk to hotel. Why not book the whole little thing. It can't be that bad. Let's stay there under one roof and make it a private party on Saturday night in the restaurant. If the order is big enough I'm sure that could work.

– sascha

I guess the best way will be, to make a reservation for a table in the restaurant with the room booking. So we can be shure , to anex it.

Please know making every effort to attend the Euro Roundup in Witten, Germany. However, could use some advise and assistance...

Tentative travel plans - Arrive into Dusseldorf Intl Airport on Thursday, Aug 31st - Depart for home on Monday, September 4th. Hoping to hitch a car ride from a Roundup attendee from the airport on Thursday and back again on Monday.

Accommodations - What is the name & address (or website) of the hotel where everyone will be staying? Would like to reserve a room ASAP.

Please know making every effort to attend the Euro Roundup in Witten, Germany. However, could use some advise and assistance...

Tentative travel plans - Arrive into Dusseldorf Intl Airport on Thursday, Aug 31st - Depart for home on Monday, September 4th. Hoping to hitch a car ride from a Roundup attendee from the airport on Thursday and back again on Monday.

Accommodations - What is the name & address (or website) of the hotel where everyone will be staying? Would like to reserve a room ASAP.

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

Hi Joe, the name of the hotel is Hoppe.A real nice little hotel with a real good restaurant.Here's the link to it. https://www.hotel-hoppe-wit... I'll pin it into my first post. I'll talk to my boss on monday, to get the thursday even free.It's lesser stress for me, too.And I could pick you up in Düsseldorf then.For monday we will find a solution, too

Holger

I was just about to ask if anyone from the US was gonna go. I may try and troll some cheap flights. I'd subsist on saltine crackers just to make the trip!

Excellent... Thank you! Count me in.

Cool!

Cool!

– will

Definitely a nice surprise

Excellent... Thank you! Count me in.

That is fantastic news!

For those who are interested in a grand experience, with lots of diversions, at the Roundup, I would offer to you that my experience with the California Roundups, and a more limited experience with the Nashville Roundups, is that it really isn't necessary. There are two things that I find to be of prime interest at a Roundup:

(1) The friendships. Often, we don't know people beyond their screen names on here. A Roundup offers you a chance to get to know people offline. Often, you find that there are members here who have such interesting and varied lives that you never knew to be the case. Or, if you already know people from having attended a prior Roundup where you met them, then you have the opportunity to renew those friendships.

(2) The Music. The music at Roundups is always an enjoyable part, whether you are playing or listening to others play. Having the chance to play with people with whom you don't normally play is quite a treat. It gets you outside of your safe little environment and forces you to listen to the other musicians and to find a sonic slot to occupy. That is incredibly fun. And, if you are listening, you often have a chance to hear some amazing players.

And then there is this:

(3) Other Guitars. The great thing about GDP members is that they usually have an array of guitars. So, you get to listen to these other guitars and often have the chance to play them too. Ogling and comparing guitars is always a fun pastime.

(4) Joe Carducci. For most of you European GDPers, you have never had the chance to meet Joe. You have only read the posts of other GDPers who have raved about what a wonderful and warm guy he is. This is your opportunity to spend some time with the best ambassador that Gretsch guitars could ever have. He has a wealth of information about Fender history, and about the history of Gretsch guitars in particular. I can well imagine that he might bring along his computer where he has all sorts of Gretsch history presentations that he has given over the years. You will be both entertained and informed by them. And he has so many stories to regale you with...! You will want to just sit there and listen to all of them. Finally, if you are fortunate enough, there might even be some t-shirts or other Gretsch swag that shows up.

So, in short, don't think that you are going to be bored at the Roundup if there aren't a lot of diversions for your attention. These are great events where you don't need a whole lot of stuff other than the music and guitars to hold your interest. We have our Gold Rush Roundup out in the middle of nowhere in the woods and I doubt that anyone has been bored there.

Be thankful that Voodooholly has put in the time and effort to organize the event and that you didn't have to. Lend him your support in helping to make the event special. And, then, be certain to thank him. Organizing Roundups takes a lot of time and can prove to be filled with challenges. Your words of appreciation to him will certainly go a long way towards helping him feel like the time and effort spent will have been worth it.

For those who are interested in a grand experience, with lots of diversions, at the Roundup, I would offer to you that my experience with the California Roundups, and a more limited experience with the Nashville Roundups, is that it really isn't necessary. There are two things that I find to be of prime interest at a Roundup:

(1) The friendships. Often, we don't know people beyond their screen names on here. A Roundup offers you a chance to get to know people offline. Often, you find that there are members here who have such interesting and varied lives that you never knew to be the case. Or, if you already know people from having attended a prior Roundup where you met them, then you have the opportunity to renew those friendships.

(2) The Music. The music at Roundups is always an enjoyable part, whether you are playing or listening to others play. Having the chance to play with people with whom you don't normally play is quite a treat. It gets you outside of your safe little environment and forces you to listen to the other musicians and to find a sonic slot to occupy. That is incredibly fun. And, if you are listening, you often have a chance to hear some amazing players.

And then there is this:

(3) Other Guitars. The great thing about GDP members is that they usually have an array of guitars. So, you get to listen to these other guitars and often have the chance to play them too. Ogling and comparing guitars is always a fun pastime.

(4) Joe Carducci. For most of you European GDPers, you have never had the chance to meet Joe. You have only read the posts of other GDPers who have raved about what a wonderful and warm guy he is. This is your opportunity to spend some time with the best ambassador that Gretsch guitars could ever have. He has a wealth of information about Fender history, and about the history of Gretsch guitars in particular. I can well imagine that he might bring along his computer where he has all sorts of Gretsch history presentations that he has given over the years. You will be both entertained and informed by them. And he has so many stories to regale you with...! You will want to just sit there and listen to all of them. Finally, if you are fortunate enough, there might even be some t-shirts or other Gretsch swag that shows up.

So, in short, don't think that you are going to be bored at the Roundup if there aren't a lot of diversions for your attention. These are great events where you don't need a whole lot of stuff other than the music and guitars to hold your interest. We have our Gold Rush Roundup out in the middle of nowhere in the woods and I doubt that anyone has been bored there.

Be thankful that Voodooholly has put in the time and effort to organize the event and that you didn't have to. Lend him your support in helping to make the event special. And, then, be certain to thank him. Organizing Roundups takes a lot of time and can prove to be filled with challenges. Your words of appreciation to him will certainly go a long way towards helping him feel like the time and effort spent will have been worth it.

– Ric12string

Thank you for the nice words. They give a strong positive vibe to this discussion.

Register Sign in to join the conversation