Meet & Greet

Checking In

Hope all are doing well, been out of the net for some time. Occasionally lurked, but been tuned out generally. Life's been busy - taken on a bunch of organizational responsibilities within the community (the kind that pay no more than the satisfaction of a job well done) to fill the time that a part-time job in local government doesn't. But there is time for playing git-box, and while I spend too much time looking at pictures of gear on the 'net instead of playing, it is still one of the three hobbies that help keep me sane. Finally downsized and streamlined the stable... still Gretschless these days, but I do have a couple of Teles, which are universal donors in the guitar world, always welcome in Gretschland...

B6

Good to hear from you, Mr. Six!

Welcome back, B6. I joined the GDP a couple of years ago, and haven't seen you on here yet, until now. I'm glad you are keeping busy helping your community, it's an admirable quality. I hope you can find the time to check in more often, and get yourself another Gretsch. I only have one, a G5422TG, and it has become my favorite fingerstyle guitar. I'm seriously considering getting a Pro Line next, probably a G6122T-59GE. It's pricey, but it's a stellar instrument.

Hey Six, good to see you back. Jump into some of the conversations; you're always welcome.

Welcome back, B6. I joined the GDP a couple of years ago, and haven't seen you on here yet, until now. I'm glad you are keeping busy helping your community, it's an admirable quality. I hope you can find the time to check in more often, and get yourself another Gretsch. I only have one, a G5422TG, and it has become my favorite fingerstyle guitar. I'm seriously considering getting a Pro Line next, probably a G6122T-59GE. It's pricey, but it's a stellar instrument.

– Wade H

Welcome back to the fold B6. Quick aside to the thread. Have you ever considered a pristine Super Chet? The early ones have the wider neck that suits fingerstyle, like the 6122 you're considering. Mine had a classical thick (deep D) neck but I had it taken down to match my '98 Gibson Gent - shallow C. It's a wonderful guitar and really well constructed, internal small board not deep enough to connect the top to the bottom as designed. I just took it out. IMO it's beautiful with its abalone appointments.

Actually the first Japanese Gretsch I ever played was the "Super Gretsch" which I think was meant to be the "new" Super Chet. Great piece - never played an original. I think I'm stable in the stable for the moment, my last gear swap resulted in a used CS Tele with a Bigsby, it was either the Tele or a 6122-62, and in the end, the Tele spoke to me.

B6

Welcome back. Avoid spam at all costs. Lol

Register Sign in to join the conversation