Meet & Greet

Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas Rocks! 2017

Brian Setzer is playing tonight in Cincinnati! This should be a treat as I have never had the opportunity to see/hear him live.

Just wondered if any other members here will be attending the show at Taft Theatre tonight - 11/14/17 8:00 pm.

I expect an energized show. Really looking forward to it. Wish I had better seats... all I could get were in the balcony. Still, should be fun!

No dates in Canada this year

You're going to love it. So much goodness in that show!

I saw BSO last year for the first time. To say that it was a fantastic show would do it a disservice. There is a lot of activity on that stage with so many musicians that you almost don't know where to look at any given moment. The music is fantastic and you will have a great time.

1st time since he started, I'm gonna miss the show. There nothing in San Diego this yr w the BSO, not even the Belly Up.. He's gettin slower now that he's like 59 this yr haha, I thought for sure he'd play here.

He came to town last year and we caught the Christmas extravaganza, or whatever it's called. What a great show. If you're lucky, Joe Carducci could be there at a Gretsch booth. Not sure if he's touring with him this time around or not.

He came to town last year and we caught the Christmas extravaganza, or whatever it's called. What a great show. If you're lucky, Joe Carducci could be there at a Gretsch booth. Not sure if he's touring with him this time around or not.

– Suprdave

Never considered there being a Gretsch booth at the show. That would be awesome! Getting to see BSO and meet Joe on the same night. Wow!

Joe does not attend every show. For example, when BSO hit Reno, Joe was not there with a booth. But, he did attend selected shows and have guitars on display.

Joe does not attend every show. For example, when BSO hit Reno, Joe was not there with a booth. But, he did attend selected shows and have guitars on display.

– Ric12string

I don't expect it, but would love it! Time will tell...

... No Gretsch booth... No Joe Carducci...

But...

Brian Setzer showed up!

GREAT SHOW! Brian was awesome, as expected. The band was fabulous. It was a fun evening. Non-stop energy and excitement on stage.

Brian did a very classy and understated tribute to two great musicians we lost this past year: 1. Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman 2. Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

If you haven't seen the Brian Setzer Orchestra, add it to your "must do" list. It will be well worth your time!

Cheers.

Glad to hear you had fun. How couldn't ya? I would have loved to have heard those tribute songs.

Here's a You Tube of the Tom Petty song. Very good.

Non-stop energy and excitement on stage. -- atp-guitar

This is the thing that was most eye-catching for me. It was almost hard to decide what to watch at any given moment because it was almost like a three-ring circus with so many people on stage and being active and entertaining. For me, Johnny Hatton (Spazzz) is always a center of interest on the upright bass. Not only is he a very good player, but he is also quite simply a very decent guy. It is not at all uncommon to run into him at the NAMM Show as he is very accessible and seems to love people.

Glad that you got to see the show and that you enjoyed it.

I did enjoy the show, thanks. It reminded me of my younger days when I was the guitarist for the college jazz band. Except, I wasn't featured so prominently as Brian (and good thing too!).

Glad you enjoyed the show atp-guitar! Ric is right in that there is much going on that it really is a great show. I've only seen him once when he game back to Long Island in Westbury in 2012 and was able to get an inch away from his guitars after the show. I took many pics of them, on a now broken cell phone so I'll have to find someone more technical than me to get the pics from there.

Current GDP member barrygnyc was sitting in the seat in front of me and it was great meeting up with him. I miss his input on the pages here as he hasn't been around for at least 2 years or maybe even longer. I think I remember him taking a new job that included a really long commute both ways.

Edit: After posting I went to the member list and did not see his name. That's a bummer because he's a good guy and good contributor on the pages. It stinks when good guys leave the group but it does happen.

I also miss Barry. I still have some occasional contact with him through Twitter.

I also miss Barry. I still have some occasional contact with him through Twitter.

– Ric12string

Funny, I was thinking about him the other day. I listened to Calhoun Surf by Los Straitjackets and remembered I had sent him guitar tab for that song, both guitar parts.

PS Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis, which Danny Amis lived near when he wrote the song, may be renamed Lake Bde Maka Ska, the original Dakota Indian name. So I guess the song should be renamed Bde Maka Ska Surf. Not quite as catchy.

Finally, after damn near 30 yrs off/on trying to catch this cat live I’m getting to see him and draggin’ family in tow to Charlotte for the Dec 5th show...super stoked!!!

You will enjoy it Michael. He keeps the pace going strong for the entire show. They usually have a pretty dazzling looking stage as well. I wish that he had come back around near me this year. I couldn't believe when I saw last year that he was coming to my neck of the woods. I immediately jumped online and bought up some tickets.

Enjoy yourself.

You will enjoy it Michael. He keeps the pace going strong for the entire show. They usually have a pretty dazzling looking stage as well. I wish that he had come back around near me this year. I couldn't believe when I saw last year that he was coming to my neck of the woods. I immediately jumped online and bought up some tickets.

Enjoy yourself.

– Ric12string

Thanks Bob,I’m sure we will.I’m just glad my kids are just as excited.Which they both are missing their respective Christmas (morning)concert the following day so we have to hightail it back to make their main show that evening.All the band instructor asks for them missing the day show is full details of the BSO show as he’s a fan too.

Register Sign in to join the conversation