Meet & Greet

Balto-DC Roundup 2012: March 30-31!

Hi, everyone,

We're carving it in stone: the 3rd Annual Balto-DC Roundup will be on March 30 (the Night Before event) and March 31 (the Roundup proper), 2012, at the Harford Park Community Association Center in Baltimore (Parkville), Maryland. Doors will open at 10:00 AM on Saturday this year, and we should be in 5th gear by noon.

Balto-DC has become the Roundup "laboratory" -- where we try out new event ideas (usually without proper supervision). It was the first Roundup to be streamed on the Internet and the first with its own event t-shirt, souvenir pins, "call-in request line" for songs, online-viewer giveaway, and portrait photography. What will be new this year? We haven't thought that far in advance.

The date has been moved so as to space us out as far on the calendar as possible from Nashville, and yes, indeed, we're six months apart, now. The chill of winter should be leaving us as April approaches, and everyone should be ready to emerge from hibernation.

Event details will trickle in over the next several months. I will post them in the Happenings section and this thread (or a successor thread).

So stick this on your fridge now so that you don't forget! :)

Paul/FF909

Post (and everyone watch) the happening section. That's the place.

Looks like a nice venue. I hope to be there.

Thanks Paul.

Not posted yet Tim but it's on my calender and to do list. These things should now be easier to get to now.

Sign me up! That was a great time last year. :P

Can hardly wait!

Paul, we'll do both GP songs for sure this time.:D

I sure hope I can make it. I been practicing.

Any shirts for sale to the guys who can't make it? The g400 head stock is killer

Post (and everyone watch) the happening section. That's the place.

-- Baxter

Hey, Tim,

I posted this to the Happenings section (before creating this thread), but I'm not seeing it there.

Paul/FF909

And I just tried to post to Happenings again. It said, "Thank you. There is a problem with the form."

It hate me. It try to ruin my life.

I won't let it. :D

Paul/FF909

Hey, Fauves,

We'll have t-shirts available to whoever wants them. We'd prefer you attend, of course!

We actually ran short of this year's t-shirts. I wish we had a few more to offer around. We may gauge the interest in having another run made of the 2011 shirts when we get the 2012 shirts done.

Paul/FF909

And I just tried to post to Happenings again. It said, "Thank you. There is a problem with the form."

It hate me. It try to ruin my life.

I won't let it. :D

Paul/FF909

-- Frequent Flyer 909

Fear not, Paul. It hates me just as badly. I can't post to happenings either.

Paul, the first time you put it in, it went in fine. but because it had not yet been marked as featured (which can only be done through the admin) and it's some months out, it wouldn't show in the list yet.

I've gone into the admin and marked it as featured. As the event caretaker, that's really the best place to take advantage of advanced event functions. You should have access. If not, give me a holler.

The second time, it threw an error because the event was already in there. It should have told you that, so I'm a bit confused why those error messages aren't showing up.

Rob, I'm still trying to figure out why it has a beef with you.

Hey, Tim,

Thanks!

Now I've got to come up with something new to do this year. Costumes? Go-go girls?

Paul/FF909

Frequent Flyer 909 "Now I've got to come up with something new to do this year. Costumes? Go-go girls? "

I can help you with both.

Frequent Flyer 909 "Now I've got to come up with something new to do this year. Costumes? Go-go girls? "

-- crowbone

So let me see if I have this straight. John is dressing as Belinda Carlisle and there is a Go Go's set at a Baltimore Roundup?

Tattoo room?

ok I will be in on this one this time

Yeah, I thought about a sock hop!

And I've wanted one Roundemup or another to have a gear try-and-buy shopping area for all our boutique and cottage-industry builder-members. The Auction House Roundup made some overtures toward that last year. We have a lot of members who make great parts, pedals, amps, pickups, and so on, and I think it would be entirely appropriate, cool, and useful to give Roundup attendees a chance to check out their wares in real life. Here's what comes to mind immediately:

• Billy Zoom's Little Kahuna
  • Tru-Arc bridges
  • Nocturne Pedals
  • DeLisle Amps and etc.
  • Setzer pickguards
  • TV Jones pickups
  • Jamhub (its inventor recently joined the GDP)

There may be others with goods to offer, and they would be welcome to participate!

I'd want "official" participation from whichever manufacturers would be represented: they would send either demonstration units or items to be sold, maybe some promotional goodies. Of course, they could also attend in person (I'd really like that).

What do we think of that?

Paul/FF909

At the risk of belaboring a point, I think that given the months until the event, and the fact that this topic will fall away well before then, this is the sort of conversation that should be attached to the event itself. :)

-- crowbone

So let me see if I have this straight. John is dressing as Belinda Carlisle and there is a Go Go's set at a Baltimore Roundup?

-- roadjunkie

Be careful what you wish for... I've seen him perform as The Devil In a Blue Dress. Took me months to recover.

Register Sign in to join the conversation