Modern Gretsch Guitars

New Black FSR Gretsch DSW

So am I the only one who thinks this is a gorgeous guitar??

Yes, I think I'd change the Bigsby for a gold one, but otherwise...wow

I think the white G looks really out of place, but otherwise it's a winner!

I dig it a lot . . . with the exception of the white G brand. I know a regular G brand wouldn't stand out, but that would be more accurate. It is supposed to be a brand after all . . . simulated or otherwise.

Is that one of those special run of 12?

Personally, I don't go for black guitars with rosewood boards. Of course, it could be stained black with leather dye. But it should be ebony.

I liked the limited black DSV's better - western kitsch and black finish are not the greatest match IMO.

I liked the limited black DSV's better - western kitsch and black finish are not the greatest match IMO.

– WB

Ditto.

I saw one of those yesterday, at Cream City music. A guy was using it to try out some effects pedals. He was getting some really great sounds out of it. Call me a maverick, but I think they look kind of cool.

Ahh, much better!

– Foul Phil

+1. Gold or silver G would look good. The white = meh

To my eye the white G looks too white and out of place - it's almost "refrigerator white". I like the gold, but I think I would have liked it better to have the G match the aged/yellowed binding color.

I'm with Walter. Those black DSVs were perfect.

So am I the only one who thinks this is a gorgeous guitar??

Yes, I think I'd change the Bigsby for a gold one, but otherwise...wow

– Frank_NH

Is that a G brand or a white G decal? The gold woulda, coulda, shoulda been...

As much as I like the looks of a black car or guitar, they are the world's biggest pain in the arse to keep looking good. Every little blemish looks like a zit on the nose of a prom queen.

I too don't care for the white "G".

Yeah, I can agree on the white versus gold G but that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I suppose one could tint it with some amber lacquer pretty easily.

No...but between the two of us, you might be the only one who can AFFORD it!!!

No...but between the two of us, you might be the only one who can AFFORD it!!!

– Toddfan

Well, I am currently in the market for a DSW. However, $2200 is a little over my budget...

If I didn't already have a Gretsch with DynaSonic pickups I'd be seriously jonesing right now.

Saw this a few days ago and fell in love with the looks. Called Ben this afternoon and one is now destined for the UK!

The "G" should match the binding, and the metal parts should be either gold OR silver; not both together. Otherwise hell yes!

Excellent DaveyB! Give us the full report when you get it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation