Meet & Greet

Back to the Gretsch pages

Phenomenal, impressive collection!! Noticing you have a Super Chet in this wonderful group, can I ask a couple of questions about it, please? Myself particularly, and a few others around here would be very interested in its S/N and the neck width at the zero fret and its zero fret to 12th fret length. It helps me figure out when Gretsch returned to the standard width neck. Cheers.

Phenomenal, impressive collection!! Noticing you have a Super Chet in this wonderful group, can I ask a couple of questions about it, please? Myself particularly, and a few others around here would be very interested in its S/N and the neck width at the zero fret and its zero fret to 12th fret length. It helps me figure out when Gretsch returned to the standard width neck. Cheers.

– Windsordave

Hi, I’ve sent you a message

Beautiful collection. Would you mind a couple of closeups on the double cut 6120? Looks like it has a nicely figured body.

– Don Birchett

No problem at all.

Nice to see guitars that are so well-cared for; lovely guitars and amps.

Nice to see guitars that are so well-cared for; lovely guitars and amps.

– Journeyman

Thanks for ur kind comments

Hi there Yorkshiregretsch found viewing your collection much more interesting than going to Yorkshire sculpture park at Bretton. Far more stimulating display of artistry and craftsmanship!

As one fellow West Yorkshire vintage Gretsch owner to another Thanks for putting them on display.

All the best davedee

Hi there Yorkshiregretsch found viewing your collection much more interesting than going to Yorkshire sculpture park at Bretton. Far more stimulating display of artistry and craftsmanship!

As one fellow West Yorkshire vintage Gretsch owner to another Thanks for putting them on display.

All the best davedee

– davedee

Hi, what vintage guitars have you got then?

Hi again Yorkshire gretsch. My guitars were bought and kept because they covered the sounds I wanted for the types of music we were making at the time.

I have a 1962 6119 Ghet Atkins Tennessean .. bought from Crosslands music, Barnsley in Nov 1966

and a 1979 Musicman Sabre 2 .. bought from Stevens Music in Leeds in Nov 1970

I used them playing in various groups round clubs, film Kes, etc 1960s- to late 1980s with a few breaks in between.

Used to use a Fender Bandmaster stack but it weighed a ton and not easy to carry around after a hectic night!.

Still have my Fender 75 combo and a Magregor 200W PA amp with 2 simms watts stacks (2x12 speakers + 2 horns in each column) 2 copycat echo s
Morley (oilcan) stereo echo volume pedal Korg effects pedal system.

purely for personal use these days. good to see your collection all the best Davedee

Register Sign in to join the conversation