Meet & Greet

Back in town

You'd never know that was only your second gig with the band. The rhythm guitar adds a lot. The power and importance of an acoustic rhythm guitar can't be overstated. It's the bridge between the drums and everything else.

Mike gets 1000 bonus points for the faun suit. Nicely done, my man.

– ade

I think my shaking knees kinda gave it away together with my way too serious face. I only play acoustic rhythm guitar on stage, talked about it with Mike yesterday. He said I really have a different way of playing (for example I still can't play with a pick - picks make me frustrated). It perhaps wouldn't even be a nice way of playing on an electric guitar. I told myself to get some lessons and learn so I can play more diverse. I love his suit too! He looks so handsome in it! He bought it for the band, it was so funny to see him in a suit for the first time. Almost wanted to call him Sir after that!

Foxy, do you mind ...?

This one Lisa and I wrote together-

That's the last one I'll post, I'd rather hear about what you and the Ravens are doing today than play my silly old songs!

Oh, I love the delicious papery rasp of Michiel's guitar. Archtop acoustic is so beautifully cutting. Well struck Foxy, well struck.

Foxy, do you mind ...?

– will

No problem! Loved that guitar!!

This one Lisa and I wrote together-

That's the last one I'll post, I'd rather hear about what you and the Ravens are doing today than play my silly old songs!

Oh, I love the delicious papery rasp of Michiel's guitar. Archtop acoustic is so beautifully cutting. Well struck Foxy, well struck.

– ade

I love listening to music, this is new to me so feel free to share what you'd like to share Well.... we had to stop the band to be honest. We only had 4 gigs and then my health issues were so bad I couldn't do anything anymore. That is one year and one month ago. The Gretsch Euro Roundup, where I played the Slaman guitar is actually the first time since our last show in Béthune (France) that I played guitar again. I hope we can restart the band in the next couple of months but my health is still bad so I am afraid I won't be able to do so yet. I hate it, I wish we could play again. I really love to sing!

I really believe that acoustic rhythm is just right for you and for the music style. It's worth investigating the smaller body size like Auditorium which has a really poky sound and doesn't waste energy making useless bass frequencies. Or, if you liked that archtop maybe something with a 15" body. You can still get a Hofner Congress or Senator for very reasonable money and they are authentic vintage guitars with that crackly, cutting rhythm sound.

Oh I really hope your health difficulties can be overcome. Even if you feel that gigging is beyond your physical resources right now, keep playing and singing for yourself. Medical science is only just beginning to tap into the restorative and healing powers of music on the body and mind. We don't yet know exactly why this is, but music really is medicine.

I will look in to that! Mike bought a few guitars this year so I think I can have one more too! I bought my Eastman because a friend of us worked at a music store, he just had the guitar set up and ready for sale and told me he liked it. I tried it, fell in love with it and it still is my favorite guitar.

Another new fan here for Foxy and her Ravens Been checking out the band's You Tube videos today...fantastic stuff.

Great voice Foxy...and you play great rhythm guitar. Who needs a pick when you can strum like that?

Oh I really hope your health difficulties can be overcome. Even if you feel that gigging is beyond your physical resources right now, keep playing and singing for yourself. Medical science is only just beginning to tap into the restorative and healing powers of music on the body and mind. We don't yet know exactly why this is, but music really is medicine.

– ade

I agree, it really helps, even with dementia. I think that is wonderful. I can only do a few songs yet without getting a pain attack, but a few months ago I wasn't able to speak two sentences with getting one, so who knows! We all need a little hope

Well I sure hope your condition continues to improve and you can set realistic goals going forwards and achieve them. Incremental improvements can eventually become a major positive change. I don't know exactly what your condition is, and it's none of my business, but with orthodox medical treatments and music as both a therapy and a future objective, things can improve drastically for you. And hope is vital, it really is.

I really do wish you well and am very glad to say hello. I'm not alone, for here comes Wheelgrinder. And Wheelgrinder is bona fide, I tell you!

Foxy? I met a very charming, talented and funny lady named like this last weekend.

I wish you all the best and would love to see you on stage with your own full band one day. Good to see people like your music as much as I do. Thanks again for the CD!

Another new fan here for Foxy and her Ravens Been checking out the band's You Tube videos today...fantastic stuff.

Great voice Foxy...and you play great rhythm guitar. Who needs a pick when you can strum like that?

– Wheelgrinder

Thanks Wheelgrinder!!! I am amazed by the compliments, it is making me blush! I am glad you like our music and proud to have you as a fan! Haha, still no fan of picks. I see myself as a hack amongst guitarists.

Thank you Ade, I really hope so too. Well, Will offered to record something when he comes to visit us later this year. I promise to keep you updated on the GDP. Your kind words mean a lot to me.

Foxy? I met a very charming, talented and funny lady named like this last weekend.

I wish you all the best and would love to see you on stage with your own full band one day. Good to see people like your music as much as I do. Thanks again for the CD!

– sascha

Ahw! You're too sweet! Thank you Sascha, it was a pleasure meeting you and I truly enjoyed your songs. Do you play in a band? I would really love to hear more of you! Perhaps we can sing a song together in the future! That would be much fun! Glad you liked our cd, it was a good day to treat our new friends on a small gift Hope to see you again. Always welcome when you are in the neighbourhood!

Ahw! You're too sweet! Thank you Sascha, it was a pleasure meeting you and I truly enjoyed your songs. Do you play in a band? I would really love to hear more of you! Perhaps we can sing a song together in the future! That would be much fun! Glad you liked our cd, it was a good day to treat our new friends on a small gift Hope to see you again. Always welcome when you are in the neighbourhood!

– Foxy

Thanks, Foxy. I will try to make sure you'll get to hear the four tracks we recently recorded when they are mixed and mastered. But be warned: It's nothing like roots music and in my mother tongue. Would love to sing a duet with you. Let's put this on the To-Do list!

Heading off to bed now. See you soon.

Thanks, Foxy. I will try to make sure you'll get to hear the four tracks we recently recorded when they are mixed and mastered. But be warned: It's nothing like roots music and in my mother tongue. Would love to sing a duet with you. Let's put this on the To-Do list!

Heading off to bed now. See you soon.

– sascha

Please do! I would love to listen to your music. My interest in music is very diverse, not just roots. What is the genre?

What is the genre?

I'll let you listen and you tell me, okay? Usually I just say 'adult pop'.

Cool! Looking forward listening to it!

Register Sign in to join the conversation