Meet & Greet

Annual National Roundup

Wow! Buddy Mercury is coming....Cool!

Hey folks, I know I said I'd likely post up the header today but I'm not dragging my feet. More like scratching my head.

First off, let it be known that I can't take all the credit for getting us back in at Hachland Hills. Nobody deserves more credit for that than Steve (Nobody) and he has passed the torch along to me for communication with those folks and that has gone pretty well, so far.

The date is set but I am not prepared to take RSVP yet but I will be in a day or so, so hang tight. This is more than I have taken on before and I kind of understand where VoodooHolly is coming from in his Euro Roundup thread.

I have been blessed with talented and helpful people from this forum. I would like to pre thank those that have helped with advice or volunteered to take on a few things for this to happen. So big thanks to Nobody and Fieldhj and Proteus for having handled this all before and for the advice you have all given me so far. Thanks to Curt, Joe C, Bob Howard and The redrocker for advice and volunteering to help me along with a few details. A HUGE THANKS to my Karolyn for helping me crunch the numbers. I hate math and I'm not real good at it. She'll be crucial in the next few days helping me figure out how this should all be presented.

I know several of you are poised and ready to RSVP so I appreciate your patience. Believe me, I'm really excited to get things going too. So just know, I should have my stuff in order soon.

Thanks, campers.

Not feeling so super...Dave.

Dave, I know you'll do a bang up job!

Sudden tragedy!!!

Everyone hold up on this date! I am stressing beyond right now.

They double booked and they're trying to move us to another date.

I am so beside myself.

I will update as soon as i know something.

Sudden tragedy!!!

I am so beside myself.

– Suprdave

Actually, that's a blessing in disguise to me, Dave.

Okay!

So here's what's up.

We may be moving things up one week. Sept 21 - Sept 24

Our other option is to keep this date and share with a few folks which takes away some rooms for us,too.

This could help Charlie Vegas and all of our Friends that practice Judaism, unless Rosh Hashana is also practiced in some way that it may keep you away. If so, sorry again.

Joe C. is good for this date. I hope nobody has booked any flights yet or confirmed vacation.

I am so sorry for all the confusion. My heart sank a foot, when I got the news.

Alright so, what do y'all say?

Sudden tragedy!!!

I am so beside myself.

– Suprdave

Oh yeah! The joys of organizing a Roundup.

Dave, I was literally about two weeks out from a Roundup and learned that the venue had, unbeknownst to me, booked another organization for the same weekend. That did not make me a very happy camper. Fortunately, we had another venue right next door that we were able to use which got us through the challenge. But, I know just what you are feeling with that.

I'm good with that date but please let me know when it's locked so I can change my flight.

How many is a few? Not a bad thing unless they have sensitive ears and have rooms by the barn.

Dave, don't sweat this stuff, you can only control your own stuff. Relax, no biggie.

Dave, I can do the new dates.

Same here, both work for me.

I've locked that date, too; Wild Horses . . . well you know that song, right? (See, I do know something other than George & Beatles.)

Frankly, for me the new date is a godsend.

Was supposed to be traveling to Europe on business with the old dates. Juggling things was going to make it tricky.

-- I figure I'm 100% on 9/21-9/24.

I'm probably out regardless of date. Busy time of year for me. Have a good time.

Sorry to hear that, Baba. You'll be missed.

I am so embarrassed to post today. I was hoping this would all go better than it has. You folks and my support group have been wonderful.

I am truly sorry to anyone that may have already booked flights or planned vacation.

My boss was extremely happy to change my vacation plans by one week. (Sarcasm)

Nevertheless, here we go and the date is now set, so they tell me at Hachland Hills.

Sept 21 through Sept 24

I am seeing that this works better for a few people and that part does make me happy but man I thought I was gonna have a cow last night. My wife even had to move a bunch of things around at work so just not a good evening.

Bob, you were very lucky to find a place so close on the same date two weeks before the event. That's crazy. I'll bet you were freaking out, as well.

So, I have nearly everything ready to post and will likely do that tonight from home.

Thanks again for everyone being so wonderful and understanding.

Sorry to hear that, Baba. You'll be missed.

I am so embarrassed to post today. I was hoping this would all go better than it has. You folks and my support group have been wonderful.

I am truly sorry to anyone that may have already booked flights or planned vacation.

My boss was extremely happy to change my vacation plans by one week. (Sarcasm)

Nevertheless, here we go and the date is now set, so they tell me at Hachland Hills.

Sept 21 through Sept 24

I am seeing that this works better for a few people and that part does make me happy but man I thought I was gonna have a cow last night. My wife even had to move a bunch of things around at work so just not a good evening.

Bob, you were very lucky to find a place so close on the same date two weeks before the event. That's crazy. I'll bet you were freaking out, as well.

So, I have nearly everything ready to post and will likely do that tonight from home.

Thanks again for everyone being so wonderful and understanding.

– Suprdave

Just remember to follow this advice, and everything will work out.

Dave - don't sweat it, man! I'm just glad it's gonna happen, and I absolutely plan to be there!

Register Sign in to join the conversation