Meet & Greet

Annual National Roundup

It won't be quite as elegant as French Lick.

Uncertain. Doesn't really look all that good to me.

Ghost town, which is cool but nearest lodging is ten miles away. Not sure there'd be a place to plug in. Does look cool though.

NO traffic jams!! Lots of free parking!!

Classy... loving all the interesting food venues.

I've got enough camping gear. Which brings up an interesting idea, that the wife and I had.

National parks..... Here's the thought. Some national parks have cabins for rent. All we need to do is pick a park that has cabins and an area like a pavilion of sorts that we can gather. Everyone books their cabin for that date and it's a go. Harmonie National park in New Harmony Indiana has such a set up and we have considered contacting them.

Thought's?

I'd still be up for trying to get the Limelight Eventplex for a few days, if folks would be willing to travel to Peoria. There is an International airport that is the easiest in and out of any airport I've ever seen.

Downsides: It's Peoria - not exactly Nashville or Chicago or the Crossroads.

In my opinion, it's not about the venue. Or at least it shouldn't be. It is about the friendships and the music. Pick a place where there is food and lodging available -- either on-site or close by -- where you can play loud, that is easy to get to, and call it good.

And rather than pick a central location that is close for no one, give consideration to having a National Roundup that moves around from one region to another.

Philly guitar show would be a great place. Rent an area next to guitar venue. Oaks pa. Lots of hotels and shopping for the s. O.

Philly guitar show would be a great place. Rent an area next to guitar venue. Oaks pa. Lots of hotels and shopping for the s. O.

– munman

Josh, I'd be there tomorrow if that happens.

Dave, looking for a central location to better serve everyone.

There's a large barn that we can rent next door to my shop and plenty of lodging a couple miles away. I'm thinking that we might do something there at some point but not for the national thing.

Barn's back there somewhere.

NPR just did a story on Cairo. Very sad; the biggest employer is the school district which is on the verge of closing down.

Those without FB here are some shots.

Josh, I'd be there tomorrow if that happens.

Dave, looking for a central location to better serve everyone.

– Curt Wilson

Completely agree with that. I would be willing to see if Nashville area has a similar State Park set up.

Jeez Charlie, Indiana ain't that bad and this is about as far south you can get without calling it ky. You look pretty happy here.

I just called the farm and they confirmed that noise is not a problem at all.

I'll talk a all over one of these days and discuss the details if there's any interest.

At least with Cairo there would be no issue of a curfew to prevent annoying the neighbors with the volume.

Suprdave, once you're south of I-70/US40 in Indiana, you ARE in the South. Y'all talk funny down there. It's considered the northernmost southern state. Indiana is the center of population in the US. It also has one of the lowest costs of living in the country.

The problem with state and national parks are that they may not be kind to a bunch of loud musicians, and that you'll either be in a tent or your camper as the lodges are usually booked up years in advance. Food and drink will be on your own or pot luck family style, which isn't a bad thing. Consider places like Bill Monroe's Bluegrass Park in Bean Blossom IN. I still have two primary considerations for any site---AC and costs.

Register Sign in to join the conversation