Meet & Greet

Announcing the 2016 California Gold Rush Gretsch Roundup!

I'm in!

Thanks for the call, Bob, :)

Anxious to see and hear your new prize too :)

Give my best to your friends, band guys from up North ,, they are way cool people :)

Hope they can come too ,,

Just noticed this thread and had a chance to read through it. At this juncture I don't have any conflicts, so put me down for two attendees. I have a pair of QSC K8s I just bought (because I liked Johnnie's so much) and some Ampwedges so they'll work as floor wedges, as well as a pair of Samson Auro D208s which would make fine floor monitors for our purposes, stands, mics, and cables aplenty, too. And maybe a Gretsch or two.

This is one event I wish I could make. I know it will be great.

Will we need two?

– Curt Wilson

I never say never.

Are you considering it, Crowbone? It would be fun to have you, Curt, and redrocker all at our Roundup!

I'm in if Clarksdale is out for sure, impossible to do both.

This is one event I wish I could make. I know it will be great.

– Richard Hudson

Come on Richard, go for it!

Im a thinnin about going!

Clarksdale is in the works, Curt. It will likely happen, we're just nailing down the dates. I'd love to make it to the east or west coast one of these days.

Tom, they have assured me that they can accommodate dietary nuances and restrictions as long as they are made aware of them in advance. Just communicate them to me well in advance and we can inform the folks at the Camp about your needs.

And, don't think that the idea of James Wilsey as a guest hadn't already entered my mind as soon as I drove into that little community and saw the name on the sign!

– Ric12string

Bob, great minds think alike! I'm all in then. By the way, Jimmy Wilsey is a nice guy. I helped Jim buy a 300 megabyte hard drive for his recording rig (when he was still with Chris Issak) when that was only available to developers.

Clarksdale will always be available to you, Curt. Come on out to the Gold Rush country for our Roundup.

Are you considering it, Crowbone? It would be fun to have you, Curt, and redrocker all at our Roundup!

– Ric12string

Difficult year for travelling, but that doesn't hinder me wanting will to do it.

Munman Dave, I tried responding to your emails, but they kept getting bounced back to me.

The answer to your question is that I don't know, but I will find out for you. In the meantime, do you have an alternative email address that you can send to me?

I can't be the first guy to have thought of this, but the obvious guest choice for this RoundUp would be ... Neil Young. (Classic album .... "After The Gold Rush" ... longtime Gretsch player .... doesn't live too far away)

You never know --- he might even do it.

deke dickerson born June 3, 1968 (age 48 years), St. Louis, MO

he's 60's man!

haha

cheers

I vote for Poison Ivy, she rocked a 1958- 6120.

deke dickerson born June 3, 1968 (age 48 years), St. Louis, MO

he's 60's man!

haha

cheers

– neatone

I'm older than Deke is but you know where I was going w this... I was politely saying no more dang hippie folkie things. Although I do love Neil Young. :)

Can this round up, have someone famous NOT from the 60s? Can we get Deke Dickerson?? Then Parabar will have to wear chaps! wooohooo!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Trust me, you do NOT want to see me in chaps. There isn't enough eye bleach in the world!

Besides, if hippies aren't welcome I won't be there.

A little larger turnout is probably necessary in order to justify the expense and the challenges of locating an appropriate artist to invite to the event. I will confess to being slightly dumbfounded that there doesn't seem to be a larger interest in attending the event, even by those living within a couple hours' drive of the venue. Maybe we are just beginning to take these events for granted. I can't remember the last time that there was a Gibson or Rickenbacker or Martin or Taylor event within driving distance of my little town where Henry J., C.F. Martin III, or some other chief executive showed up to represent the manufacturer and who literally gave away all sorts of assorted schwag, including some amazing guitars. But, I digress.

Bob is there going to be more than 1 room available to play, and if not is there a spot to play acoustic outdoors ?

Trust me, you do NOT want to see me in chaps. There isn't enough eye bleach in the world!

Besides, if hippies aren't welcome I won't be there.

– Parabar

Only if you promise to dress like Neil, I'll dress like Jimmy.. :)

Bob is there going to be more than 1 room available to play, and if not is there a spot to play acoustic outdoors ?

– LA_Manny

Manny, there is one large room where electric gear will be played. Just outside, there is a small fire ring area where we can play acoustically.

Register Sign in to join the conversation