Meet & Greet

A Question For The Lurkers.

I'd love to attend one but currently even if there was one held in any major city in Australia I'd struggle to get there from where I am in the middle of the country.

I've been to the Round Ups & always had a great time. The ones that I've missed have been due to work (or a lack of it causing a lack of funds). For those of you that remember the last one held at the Audubon (NJ) Auction House, I had lost my job 2 days prior to the event, but I showed up (and provided the drums). Little did I know that I would be out of work for 18 months. This year, I missed Uncle Grumpy's shindig because I had just started a new job; missed the Jersey because of work. I will keep perusing these pages & attend all that I am able to. All of the members/musicians that I have met, I am glad to know. Even Crowbone.

Next time I'm in the US will try n find a way to coincide. Would love to attend.

In the words of Uncle Grumpy after finally meeting him at the Nashville roundup, and having a beer together for 10 minutes; "Hey you're actually a nice guy, I thought you were a total diva online" ....there you have it, the real real is real.

My life is better for having attended both the Nashvegas and the hillbilly, eerr I mean Nor Cal roundup.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

I tend to speak before I think. But it's true, Tavo is a great guy and I never would have met him if not for a roundup.

I even met my guitar idol at a roundup. Imagine my surprise when Duane Eddy walked in the room! Also a great guy.

Wait a minute, I met Fred Gretsch at the same roundup! Holy Gretsch goodness Batman!!!!

Ryan's Canadian gathering is great. Met a lot of amazing people there, from up here and from south of the border. And of course, Joe Carducci. It's pretty great when you can turn a forum interaction into real life friendships.

This lady bought me a beer at the Roundup I got to attend.

It was the KC Roundup, and if there is another, I will try to attend (I wanted to go to the last one, but had an ear infection that made any loud noise pretty much unbearable.)

Come to the Hoosier Daddy, in Indiana. Tain't that far...

I've joined the forum about 11 years ago, met a couple of members and it's been a delight (Danman and Ade aka Shuie).

Based in the UK, travelling like mad for work, really unfortunately can't find any time to join an event. Hell, I can barely find the time to post - but I still read threads... Hi Proteus, Pappy, Dan, Shuie, JBGretschGuy and all the good people I've interacted with over the years.

This lady bought me a beer at the Roundup I got to attend.

It was the KC Roundup, and if there is another, I will try to attend (I wanted to go to the last one, but had an ear infection that made any loud noise pretty much unbearable.)

– Toddfan

I miss Kim. She was a real treat to talk to and hang with at the KC Roundup.

Very nice lady.

Register Sign in to join the conversation