Meet & Greet

2018 California Gold Rush Roundup Registration Has Begun! (WITH COR

If it's not too much trouble, yes, please.

– Ric12string

No problem.

I just put a set of Chromes on the 6120...12's

I think this may be a first, not my normal TI JS111 or 112 when I go for a wound 3rd.

I wanted something heavier...

Hope it’s okay if I drag along a few amps. Some odds and ends most of us don’t get to play very often.

This is a big box Tweed Tremolux. A rat rod with its roots in a Hammond power amp. The early version, with cathode biased 6V6’s and a big alnico magnet Weber speaker.

The control panel with 50’s Gibson influence.

This is a 10 watt rat rod in Fawn Vox clothing that I’m building for Mel. 2x10” speakers and a push-pull amp running ECL86 triode/pentode tubes.

Simple control panel that hides a two button footswitch that activates a couple gain stages.

I just put a set of Chromes on the 6120...12's

I think this may be a first, not my normal TI JS111 or 112 when I go for a wound 3rd.

I wanted something heavier...

– Twangmeisternyc

Funny. I’m going just the opposite direction, putting .10’s on my 5035C Rancher.

I needed something lighter.

I have a Saturday night commitment.

I was going to ditch it, but can’t.

Next year for sure!

Enjoy, all y’alls!

I have only ever used Chromes on my Resonator set-up for the StratPlus. So, that is no comparison at all. I have tried their Nickel Round Wounds...Chromes are stainless.

I tend to like the wounds lighter the plains heavier...T-I kinda does that as a rule. I have tried the Pyramids, the core on those is really stiff.

When I was enamored with a plain 3rd, the GHS Burnished Nickel were my favorite...I would just add a 12, 16, and 20 to their heaviest wounds.

I have a Saturday night commitment.

I was going to ditch it, but can’t.

Next year for sure!

Enjoy, all y’alls!

– Steve Yetter

Oh no! That's a shame. We will miss you, Steve. Next year, for sure.

If Tom's got the PA gear covered, great. If that doesn't work out, I've got a pair of QSC K8s and a JBL EON 610 I can bring. I can also bring my bass rig if you like. You've seen Whitey O'Van, there's plenty of room.

Joe (afm_380) is bringing a bass rig so that one is taken care of. And Tom is bringing several powered monitors, so that should be good as well. Thanks though, Frank.

Powdog, as is the usual standard with your work, both of those amps look tremendous. I am already looking forward to hearing them.

You need to do a build like a Deluxe Reverb sometime. I would love to hear that.

So my work schedule wont allow me to take an entire week off and attend the Nashville Roundup like I had planned.

But,, I can Take Friday the 14th off which means I will be driving up North to hang out with all the Northern California Peeps.

Im sure Powdog can help me out on the drums with some Ramones and Misfits tunes.

For those planning to attend, be sure to bring your lucky guitar pick for the now legendary DROP-YOUR-PICK-IN-THE-SOUNDHOLE" game as this will be our GRAND PRIZE... G6609 Players Edition Broadkaster® Center Block Double-Cut with V-Stoptail, USA Full'Tron™ Pickups, Dark Cherry Stain.

https://www.gretschguitars....

For those planning to attend, be sure to bring your lucky guitar pick for the now legendary DROP-YOUR-PICK-IN-THE-SOUNDHOLE" game as this will be our GRAND PRIZE... G6609 Players Edition Broadkaster® Center Block Double-Cut with V-Stoptail, USA Full'Tron™ Pickups, Dark Cherry Stain.

https://www.gretschguitars....

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

WOW!!! That is a very cool guitar. Someone is going to leave the Roundup a very happy guitar player.

I’m bathing my lucky pick in holy water tonight.

I'll need to contact my GodChild...

At about 2 years, 30 years ago, she made a game of sliding my pick out from between the strings and dropping it in the sound hole.

Then, of course, running away giggling.

Terrible Two!

I think there are still picks lost inside that guitar...I am bringing it to the RoundUp. Restrung this morning. During one of those pick retrieval episodes, I actually found paperwork stuffed down in the lower bout!

I had owned it almost a decade, and had gigged it for years...

I am sure my pick ain't coming out of that git!

Joe (afm_380) is bringing a bass ...

Actually Frank is hauling the bass up for me (so it's a good thing he's not having to transport a bass rig and monitors ...) Thanks Frank

So, I am now confused. Are you bringing a bass amplifier?

Yes ... I am bringing the same bass rig that I brought last year. It appeared to be able to keep up. Hopefully with the Dial it to 11 theme this year it'll still keep up (it's only 250 watts, but driving two old school 12's and two next generation 10's). I imagine that most of the listening will be done out on the deck ...

This (new to me) upright is for the acoustic set on the outdoor stage

... and I wanted to extend some kudo's out to Frank ... Thanks Frank

It wasn't as exciting as going to look at a Custom Shop guitar in the parking lot of the Pacoima Costco, but it wasn't without a little drama.

We brought a drum kit, an upright bass and amp with a 410 cab, my whole guitar rig with 2 guitars, 2 saxophones, 4 people, and their luggage in the van when we played Carson City, so this bass should be no problem.

And that Broadkaster, hubba hubba. Carol will be so happy when she wins it :).

It wasn't as exciting as going to look at a Custom Shop guitar in the parking lot of the Pacoima Costco, but it wasn't without a little drama.

We brought a drum kit, an upright bass and amp with a 410 cab, my whole guitar rig with 2 guitars, 2 saxophones, 4 people, and their luggage in the van when we played Carson City, so this bass should be no problem.

And that Broadkaster, hubba hubba. Carol will be so happy when she wins it :).

– giffenf

It is likely Carol will win it, but if she doesn’t, I wouldn’t mind if I did. :^)

And that Broadkaster, hubba hubba. Carol will be so happy when she wins it :). -- giffenf

Is she even still eligible?

I stopped putting my pick in a couple of Roundups ago, so you're welcome.

But that one is mighty purdy......hmmmm

Register Sign in to join the conversation