Meet & Greet

2017 Gretsch California Gold Rush Roundup — Save The Dates!

Parabar, I think that we can make a firm commitment to you that what happened last year will not reoccur. It may require me to ride herd on the volume levels of all amplifiers, but I am committed to doing so if that is what it takes. We were dealing with a new environment there at Camp Lodestar and I think that we learned a lot from that experience about what some of the causes were and how we might be able to address them.

Also, the camp manager, Jeff, has been really eager to resolve the excessive muddiness caused by the reverberation and echo in the room. Because they have other musical groups that use the Camp, he immediately went out and bought the baffling and installed it to give a better treatment to the sound.

So, between those two things, along with a mindfulness of all attendees and my constant reminders to watch volume levels, I think that we can get that sound issue under manageable control.

I think that the key to this (as it is, frankly, in any other performance environment) is, rather than following the first instinct to turn up one's volume, the correct instinct must be to have everyone else turn down. I anticipate that volume levels will be a frequent topic of discussion.

I completely understand the desire to spend time in the studio and, if that occurs at the time of the Roundup, then we will obviously wish you much success as you work on your recordings. On the other hand, I don't want the memory of last year's experience to cloud your vision of what can be our common experience this year. We will manage the issue, I promise you that, not only for your benefit, but for all of our benefit. I value what hearing I still have.

I'm happy to see a date has been set! I've marked the dates on my calendar and will plan on this Roundup. Hollywood says she'll go as well. I'll reach out to Hot Rod Michelle and see if she can make it.

It isn't a California Roundup without you girls there, Sarah. Glad to hear that you will be attending!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I haven't ventured into the Meet and Greet lately.

Making plans to be there, no calendar conflicts at this point, which means I can most likely prevent them from happening. I won't bring any speakers bigger than 8," (which will leave more room in the car for guitars) and will be happy to keep the volume down. If everyone else does the same, it should be a great time. And you couldn't ask for a prettier location or nicer hosts.

so no booze or loud music? what about drugs and sex? I have a prescription for dealing w hippies and beatles fans. Its orange and kills fascists

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

We are able to drink alcohol on the premises, Tavo. We don't need any stuporish drunks, but drinking as we did where we shared some bottles of wine, or beers, etc., was certainly fine.

Hi all, I (Tom Moore/Powertronman) and Mark Youngs (Bass player etc.) will be there as well. I say we try for a special guest this time! At least, that is my hope.

We are able to drink alcohol on the premises, Tavo. We don't need any stuporish drunks, but drinking as we did where we shared some bottles of wine, or beers, etc., was certainly fine.

– Ric12string

Stuporish drunks, wow.. I have never seen any of such ilk at a Roundup. YET! :)

Aint nuthin some Moonshine '39 cant fix up right nice!

Being in our backyard ... The Rust Clan will be there.

Being in our backyard ... The Rust Clan will be there.

– afm_380

Hey now! That is some really good news. Joe, you are missed on the GDP. You need to come around more often.

So, with July being just around the corner, and all of the talk about the various Roundups, it has me in the Roundup mood.

I will be checking in with the Camp Lodestar folks to nail down the pricing shortly and will create a 2017 Roundup thread. We will use PayPal again this year to book your stay at the Roundup. And any other details will again be covered in the new thread.

I am looking forward to seeing everybody again.

If you don't already have these dates marked on your calendar, please block them out right now for the 2017 Gold Rush Roundup: September 8-10, 2017.

Stuporish drunks, wow.. I have never seen any of such ilk at a Roundup. YET! :)

Aint nuthin some Moonshine '39 cant fix up right nice!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Tavo, will we see you at this year's Roundup?

Alas, I will not be able to attend this year. My band has a gig at the Lathrop Baconfest that weekend.

Details here

Alas, I will not be able to attend this year. My band has a gig at the Lathrop Baconfest that weekend.

Details here

– Parabar

That is a huge bummer for those of us who love hearing you play at the Roundups, but we will have to carry on without you this year, Parabar. I hope that your schedule will let you return in 2018.

Or you could consider coming up to the Roundup for Friday night and Saturday in Wilseyville, and then drive to Lathrop Saturday night or early Sunday morning. It is only about a 90 minute drive from Camp Lodestar to Lathrop.

By the way, a Baconfest is likely to draw some attention from our man Crowbone! Perhaps he might want to attend that event!!

Details here

– Parabar

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I am questionable as far as attending. I have family coming in that weekend.

Looks like I am questionable as far as attending. I have family coming in that weekend.

– Don Birchett

Woah! Now that just won't be a Roundup without you, Don. They won't come in that weekend if you aren't there, right?

Do what you have to do, but know that you will be sorely missed.

Maybe the few that can't make the Cali roundup can sneak on out to Nashville?

Maybe the few that can't make Nashville can head west to Cali?

Maybe the few that can't make the Cali roundup can sneak on out to Nashville?

Maybe the few that can't make Nashville can head west to Cali?

– crowbone

Well, how about you, CB? I am sure that I can find a little hat for you somewhere.

Well, how about you, CB? I am sure that I can find a little hat for you somewhere.

– Ric12string

I've been banned from re-entry into California.

Something about holding their gas footprint under state limits.

I've been banned from re-entry into California.

Something about holding their gas footprint under state limits.

– crowbone

Hey now, you see above that there is a Baconfest going on at the same time. That should be enough incentive to get you into California and you can enjoy both events on the same weekend!

Hey now, you see above that there is a Baconfest going on at the same time. That should be enough incentive to get you into California and you can enjoy both events on the same weekend!

– Ric12string

Hmmm...your argument is not without merit.

Bob, is there going to be a theme or just free flow jamming?

Sarah, no theme is planned for this year. We will enjoy the chance to play all genres. If you want, you can list out some songs that you want to be certain to play on the Happenings Playlist Page HERE. Hopefully, others will see some that they know and will jump in and join the fun.

Register Sign in to join the conversation