Meet & Greet

2016 “Hoosier Daddy” Heartland Roundup • Nov 11-13 • OK, NOW it’s t…

Yeah, those Dynas blow me away!! And al of these pictures! And video. Wow. I'm still reeling from the weekend. It shows that no matter our numbers, or where we are, the feeling of family is always overwhelmingly great.

Really great to hear the Mystery Brain in action and here more from the man behind all this. Thanks for the heads up too! Very impressed with this pedal, very impressed. The world needs this kinda class.

OR, am I seduced by Tim's playing? Such a nice touch and feel, lots of depth and personal experience in his style.

I'm sold on my Jet Firebird at the moment so Tim, I have to ask! Tell me about the pickup heights, pole piece positions, shims, pickup models and any other voodoo mojo in that lovely green guitar. I was mesmerised, hypnotised and tantalised by that sound. I love mine but am still tweakin' n messin where I shouldn't have been messin'. Purple prose here endeth but pray, do tell us more

– Vince_Ray

I should have your Mystery Brain shipped to you this week! (or "posted" as you guys say)

That jet did sound pretty dang good, and Tim surprised me throwin down like that, it was a country wavy gravy!Very impressive!

Yeah, those Dynas blow me away!! And al of these pictures! And video. Wow. I'm still reeling from the weekend. It shows that no matter our numbers, or where we are, the feeling of family is always overwhelmingly great.

– JBGretschGuy

Absolutely and ten minutes after we leave, we miss all of you.

I know that feeling well! Friends are the family you choose, and that's what makes these reunions so joyous!

What's it been nearly a week?!

I want to thank Tim Harman for taking charge on this one and making it happen. There's always a million reasons NOT to go but once you arrive you wonder what you were thinking.

When figuring it all out I started checking flight costs and came across a $39.00 Southwest flight from Philadelphia to Midway and a $49.00 return flight which is crazy. Redrocker, NJBob, and crowbone made the same reservations but life happened and unfortunately the only two were Paul and I. To keep it interesting we drove down to Pekin / Peoria where JbGretschguy had a gig and man what a band. We stayed at JB's house, woke up Saturday morning, ate breakfast then decided to map the 3 hour trip out. To our surpise it was 5 hours which made it the most fun I've had in a long time. And yes we made it just in time for dinner.

Thanks Josh for the housePITALITY

Also, Great seeing Joe and all the other GDP family!

Does Joe C. do anything to the guitars he gives away at the roundups? The G2655T Streamliner that Pam won was setup really well.

Does Joe C. do anything to the guitars he gives away at the roundups? The G2655T Streamliner that Pam won was setup really well.

– Charlie Vegas

Joe personally sets up all Roundup giveaway guitars. Always has, at least at the Nashville/Clarksdale/Indy roundups. I've got four Carducci-set-up instruments-- two that I won, one that my wife won, and one that he procured for my wife as a birthday gift to me.

Joe knows setups... really, really well.

Joe personally sets up all Roundup giveaway guitars. Always has, at least at the Nashville/Clarksdale/Indy roundups. I've got four Carducci-set-up instruments-- two that I won, one that my wife won, and one that he procured for my wife as a birthday gift to me.

Joe knows setups... really, really well.

– Tartan Phantom

What??? Joe gives guitars as birthday presents to lucky GDP members? I had better make sure that Joe knows what day my birthday is.

What??? Joe gives guitars as birthday presents to lucky GDP members? I had better make sure that Joe knows what day my birthday is.

– Ric12string

umm, no, it was a purchase. Amy couldn't find a 6196, and Joe helped her locate one, and set it up in the process before it was shipped.

Why do I get the feeling that I just got punked on this?

– Charlie Vegas

I was in Joe's hotel room and helped him unpack these boxes before presenting them to the GDP contingency. He wanted to inspect each one individually and yes, two of them needed some tweaking. One needed a truss rod adjustment and he performed that in minutes and tuned the guitar, put it through it's paces and said "Okay, that one's ready." The Jim Dandy that Josh won was nearly in tune right out of the box, which surprised me because usually guitars are shipped with the tension off the strings but I think the low E was out by about a half step. Joe tuned her up, played her for about 30 seconds and gave her his approval. There is no way that Joe would present a guitar that wasn't ready for a player. If there were any flaws, he would likely tell the winner that another guitar would be sent to them at a later time.

!0 years and I've still not managed to get the weekend off for one of the Big Round-ups... Oh well... Maybe next year

– Billy D Light

Baltimore, March 31-April 1, 2017. Be there or be square. You're only 100 miles away and it's your kind of party.

Paul/FF909

Got some more video edited...

Timmy and Nate have played together for years under the guidance of our own Proteus. Timmy on Bass and Nate, Proteus' Son, on drums. They are just so fun to watch together.

This particular Shelter was completed the day before this branding ceremony. I didn't get to start this one. It's a gas burner but served our purpose just fine. Plenty of heat for the branding irons and the Gretsch fanatics. Fun times and Karolyn didn't burn herself this time. Yeah, we gave her another chance.

And what roundup would be complete without Proteus' Cow song. Yeah, I know that's not the name of the song Tim. Help me out with that, will ya?

THE Tartan Phantom leads us down the path of some Righteous jamming with Proteus, Timmy, Sammy(Tubwompus), Charlie Vegas, Greg, and CBell.

This was a nice moment with Sammy Rim shotting through this one.

Appropriately tagged "The Dome Roamers" by our own Mr. Proteus, the band plays on as the swag finds it's way into the hands of GDPer's. Fun for all.

• Having too much fun at the Swagaway!
  • Joe MC's and thanks Jer DeLisle and Tavo for their presence and products.
  • Doctors have Horrible handwriting skills.
  • I need to learn to shut up when videotaping instead of sidelining the host.
  • 200 Million Watts of POWER From Curt!! Excuse the horrible sound and lack of compression. Natural GoPro sound.

So that's pretty much what I got at the Roundup, that I can share. We had an awesome time and sorry it took a while for me to get back to posting. I'm not the best editor and it's been crazy for time, lately. Hope y'all enjoy. And just in case I didn't post this...

Wonderful memories, thanks so much for posting!

Monday morning bump, for those that may have missed out.

I am so glad that the Roundup happened! And I appreciate all of the great lengths that everyone went to to give us a little bit of family time. It was really a treat to have Curt and Paul come visit me. (no one EVER comes to visit me!)

Forgot I had these.

Register Sign in to join the conversation