Gretsch Events

BooHoo!!! It’s was gonna be a Roundup!! Nashville 2020

I got a Gretsch orange banana hammock for wading in the stream!

I had a GREAT time last year, and meeting all the cool east coast Gretsch fanatics was a real treat.

Hopefully I will make it out again in the future, this time with a guitar and pedal board.

Hatchland Hills is a Special place indeed ,with some fantastic people.

BTW, If Frank Giffen shows up, brace yourselves. He loves to wear a Pink furry cowboy hat, with matching cowboy boots when he plays Billy ray Cyrus tunes..

BTW, If Frank Giffen shows up, brace yourselves. He loves to wear a Pink furry cowboy hat, with matching cowboy boots when he plays Billy ray Cyrus tunes - LA Manny

In honor of all that this year has been, IF Frank shows up like that he will be dubbed Billy Ray Virus!

I had a GREAT time last year, and meeting all the cool east coast Gretsch fanatics was a real treat.

Hopefully I will make it out again in the future, this time with a guitar and pedal board.

Hatchland Hills is a Special place indeed ,with some fantastic people.

BTW, If Frank Giffen shows up, brace yourselves. He loves to wear a Pink furry cowboy hat, with matching cowboy boots when he plays Billy ray Cyrus tunes..

– LA_Manny

Yes, Manny, we need you there. I promise I won’t let Crowbone spit in your drinks this time.

Regarding moving the date:

Seems like any unscheduled time(in September and October) would probably have been already booked as alternative dates for those times postponed during the pandemic.

Add to the fact that these dates were already unavailable to us in the first place it would, to my mind, seem a bit dick-ish to request time change, despite the heat.

Yes, Manny, we need you there. I promise I won’t let Crowbone spit in your drinks this time.

– NJBob

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

– crowbone

Oops. I thought he knew.

BTW, If Frank Giffen shows up, brace yourselves. He loves to wear a Pink furry cowboy hat, with matching cowboy boots when he plays Billy ray Cyrus tunes - LA Manny

In honor of all that this year has been, IF Frank shows up like that he will be dubbed Billy Ray Virus!

– crowbone

Damn John... with the whole state of NJ currently under the jack-boot heels of the state police, the cabin fever has made your wit sharper than ever... put the razor down, please... and consider drinking more.

– NJBob

I wondered why my drinks tasted like Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Hey! Just seeing this. The date is NOT going to change. Believe me, I am not crazy about the August "HOT" date but it wasn't an option. For years we had the same date but now with Joe attending the thumb-pickers convention yearly, which is on the same date we used to use, we have to find an alternate date. ( I am not blaming Joe ) Does anyone have any pull at the thumb-pickers convention? Their event is inside and could be held ANY time of the year. I wish they would move their date and I would be a happy man. Then we could go back to our usual time slot.

When I contacted Carter in January, all dates had been locked in for other events around that time. It wasn't an option. I imagine Carter has had to cancel many events this year over the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm sure he has enough to deal with this year without me bugging him, plus, he just got Married.

Damn I miss you folks. I just hope it's safe enough to hug each other when August gets here.

Hey! Just seeing this. The date is NOT going to change. Believe me, I am not crazy about the August "HOT" date but it wasn't an option. For years we had the same date but now with Joe attending the thumb-pickers convention yearly, which is on the same date we used to use, we have to find an alternate date. ( I am not blaming Joe ) Does anyone have any pull at the thumb-pickers convention? Their event is inside and could be held ANY time of the year. I wish they would move their date and I would be a happy man. Then we could go back to our usual time slot.

When I contacted Carter in January, all dates had been locked in for other events around that time. It wasn't an option. I imagine Carter has had to cancel many events this year over the Covid-19 pandemic. I'm sure he has enough to deal with this year without me bugging him, plus, he just got Married.

Damn I miss you folks. I just hope it's safe enough to hug each other when August gets here.

– Suprdave

Luv ya Dave, in a platonic way.

Plato was straight, right? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

There's nothing wrong at all, with that.

Bob, If you want a BIG WET KISS I'll make it happen.

There's nothing wrong at all, with that.

Bob, If you want a BIG WET KISS I'll make it happen.

– Suprdave

What happens in the barn stays in the barn...

What happens in the barn stays in the barn...

– crowbone

and in the outhouse... no, wait...

and in the outhouse... no, wait...

– Tartan Phantom

We hope!

If Frank shows up...you'll have even more fun!

– Twangmeisternyc

Especially if he shows up in the aforementioned outfit.

Well, this sucks!

I was hoping this wasn't going to happen but I was being a bit optimistic, I guess.

The Nashville Roundup 2020 has been cancelled or if you prefer, postponed until 2021.

This does not make me happy in any way shape or form but it is essential for the well being of all involved. I consider all of you friends and I can't take a chance with my friends getting sick or worse. This decision was made based on many events that have taken place recently and some conversations I've had with people involved. It's not an easy thing for me to do. Karolyn's first response was "Aww, that sucks." As was mine but I believe that being pro-active and putting this off will just make us happier to see each other when we do happen to get together , in the words of Curt, and I do agree with that. What a bummer this entire thing has become. I'm going to start another thread just in case some one misses this announcement.

I love and miss all of you. Please stay well.

Supr"bummed out"dave.

Sorry to hear this, Dave. It's a real bummer.

But I suppose that the upside is that there's no need to agonize over t-shirt design this year!

Sorry to hear this, Dave. It's a real bummer.

But I suppose that the upside is that there's no need to agonize over t-shirt design this year!

– Tartan Phantom

What? It looks to me like Suprdave already unintentionally came up with a perfectly good commemorative design!

Seriously, I appreciate all of Dave’s efforts but am not surprised given the situation. Thanks Dave for trying.

Bummer, Dave.

I'll miss seeing all my friends out Nashville way this year. Can we sure up a fall date with Carter for next year now?

Next year is going to be like putting a V8 in a Pinto, better, faster but still funky.

Hey Baba Joe, I also thought the mushroom cloud would make a great commemorative t shirt design for the roundup that went up in smoke! Good call.

SuprDave - no one really ever knows all the behind the scenes work it takes to even get this far. I appreciate everything you do to organize the roundup, both known and behind the scenes. Looking forward to the CD announcement virtual party!

Can't wait until next year!

Curt said it best!

"Next year is going to be like putting a V8 in a Pinto, better, faster but still funky."

Yeah, I'm gonna miss it. The effort is well worth the reward....being with you folks.

Register Sign in to join the conversation