Gretsch Events

We’re gonna have a Roundup Nashville 2021

Hey folks! It’s that time again. What time? Time to get our Roundup on. Sept 16-19, 2021

We haven’t been to Nashville since 2019 and it’s high time we get back to our love of all things Gretsch and just to exchange a few chords and notes and musical variations on sound and attack. That’s right, it’s time to put your name in the hat and get a quote for your stay at Hachland Hills.

I will need to know by September 3rd if you’re planning to attend and which days and meals and if you will be staying on site or off site. I feel like this is going to be another EPIC year though I’m sure that there are still some among us that will be cautious or even nervous about attending. That’s okay. We will all respect each others space as we have for the past year every where else in our lives.

Roundups are the best way for us Gretchies to get together and make music and share our love for that music and each other. (Purely plutonic, of course…) LOL. I’ve never felt the love that I do at these events and some of my fondest memories were made in Hachland with my fellow Brothers and sisters of the GDP. Chicken soup for the soul, baby! Grab a guitar, any guitar, preferably a Gretsch but whatever and get up and exchange variations and ideas with your fellow brethren in the Barn really loud or siting with an acoustic in the cabin. There’s just so many ways to get your groove on in Hachland. Besides that, the people that attend are some pretty awesome folks. If you’ve never been to a Roundup, I highly recommend Nashville. Don’t have room for a guitar or an amp on your Motto Guzzi? That’s fine, just get your butt there and I’m sure somebody will offer you one to use. That’s just how we roll.

For those that have never attended let me do a nutshell over view, if I may.

Arrive at Hachland on Thursday. (Please not before noon CST)

Thursday night, Grilled burgers along with Robs beans and Karolyns Potato salad and I’m sure a few shots of Moonshine or whatever you’d like and some terrific socializing. Picking and playing commence upon arrival and may continue till departure.

Friday is a bit of a free for all. Normally some people use this time to visit Nashville during the daytime and go to a few music stores and maybe the women folk will cluster for a trip to local shops or crafts fairs. Or just lay back and pick up a guitar and play your hearts out. Last time some of us visited the “Musicians Hall of Fame” in Nashville. If you haven’t been, I highly recommend it.

Saturday during the day is a great time for catching up on each other and more musical socializing. Then off to dinner in the evening. This dinner is usually a special dinner presented by Carter, our host and chef. Attendance by all is encouraged. You may eat any or all meals on or off site. Just let me know which meals that you plan on attending this year and I'll adjust your quote accordingly. I am working with Carter this year to do smaller and less expensive lunches like Miss. Phila used to offer. Saturday night is also the branding ceremony where our brother Proteus will proclaim the proclamation and we will begin to scald boards with the Gretsch “G” and a signed copy of the proclamation. Afterwards, we all gather in the Barn for some music by the Barnbusters band and some give aways. This may be a little different this year but we are working on a variation that will still be filled with fun and pick flinging and a fine lady flipping and flopping a Gretsch to move a pick through the F hole. ( Why does that sounds dirtier every time I say it.)

Sunday morning is our last Breakfast and then break down and sad goodbyes complete with hugs. (for those that feel like hugging) and a promise to be done by noon and out of there. I am so excited to see all of the same old (or older) faces from the past and hopefully a few new attendies as well.

Send me an email dmiller at dpat dot com and I will reply with a quote specific to your requirements. i.e. meals and days attending. Deadline Sept 3 and I will reply each first come first serve on rooms until we run out of space.

For those that want to do the math…(but please allow me to send a quote first since there are some local taxes involved)

Rooms are

private $160.00 per night

shared $80.00 per night

meals are….

Breakfast comes with room fee or $17.00 ea if not staying on site.

Lunches $15.00 ea they were previously $22.00 but those were a more complete plate. I have been asked to get us more of a box lunch like Miss. Phila used to do. Carter is working with us.

Dinners $30.00 ea

This is not an advertisement and I have no affiliation with Gretsch Guitars or FMIC. This is a GDP event sponsored by the members of the Gretsch Discussion Pages.

See Y’all in Nash Vegas!

I would if I could but I can’t so I shan’t. Have a great time everybody. People who have never attended a round up should take Dave’s advice and try to get there. You’ll be glad that you did.

Aw, you'll be missed, Joe.

I wouldn't be able to go due to other travels, but I don't see any dates mentioned other than the Sept. 3 notification date. Or did I miss it?

I wouldn't be able to go due to other travels, but I don't see any dates mentioned other than the Sept. 3 notification date. Or did I miss it?

– FritzTheCat

Look in ‘Happenings’. It’s Sep 16-19

This virus has put the brakes on so many treasures for me, and this is one. So, count me among the "some among us that will be cautious or even nervous about attending." My doc has forbidden me to entertain COVID-19. And, I fear I'd be a buzz kill to the advertureous among us while being nervous the entire weekend.

You know how very much I love these RoundUps and how very much I miss each of you.

Have a Gretschin good time, until we finally beat this mess.

All my Lovin, Olivia Anne

In case anyone needs any urging on attending. I went out to Nashville from Los Angeles and I had a great time out there. The friendships alone are worth the trip.

Aw heck! I re-read my post 15 times before I posted and didn't realize I didn't put the date in. Silly me.

I'll fix that AND state that I am getting quote requests and I will get those filled by this weekend. This week has taken up much of my time elsewhere. You know...Life and all.

Miss. Olivia, You will be missed.

We can’t make it this year. The new roof has taken every penny we have.

– Hoot Owl

Mrs. Fieldhdj and I are going to miss you two.

– Hoot Owl

Talk about misplaced priorities.

Amy and I will be there, commuting daily from our Murfreesboro home as usual.

Well that sucks, Dave. Gonna miss you two.

Monday Bump....

Well how 'bout that? Hmm.

Hey Buddy! Sure would be good to see you again.

Hey Buddy! Sure would be good to see you again.

– Suprdave

Agreed. C'mon Steve... it's not like you don't already live in Tennessee... and if your book has been printed, I'm eager to obtain a copy.

Hey Folks! Just a shout out to drummers and Bassists here...Any takers? You know you'll have a great time.

Hey Folks! Just a shout out to drummers and Bassists here...Any takers? You know you'll have a great time.

– Suprdave

Gotcha covered, Dave.

– Suprdave

I’d love to be there but ironically, I’m gonna be busy in the studio in Nashville that weekend.

I’d love to be there but ironically, I’m gonna be busy in the studio in Nashville that weekend.

– tubwompus

S-L-A-C-K-E-R

Well crap, Sam. If you're going to be in the neighborhood, you'll have to stop in at some point at least to say hi. I would miss that boyish smile.

Any other takers?

I can play drums some of the time.

Register Sign in to join the conversation