Gretsch Events

We’re doing this! The Underground Roundup V1.

I think I need this more than anyone.

see you tomorrow

not sure how long I can stay but I will absolutely make an appearance

just arrived from Charlottesville, VA to the motel in what i'll take artistic license in calling the picturesque shopping-center district of Princeton, NJ with 5 guitars, the Hammond TO-28 amp head, a 1x12 with a Weber D-140 clone, and the pedalboard and what-not. there were other guitars i thought of bringing, but a Matrix is only yay big. the TV Double Jet is waiting for parts and couldn't be finished in time, but i have the Dyna Pro Jet, the Special Jet which i put 1K pots in, the 22.5" Fender/Squier Duo Sonic conversion with Duncan Antiquities, the Guild Aristocrat which is the greatest thing since pre-sliced cheese, and the Eastman AC-512 OM. and the ES-335 for repair evaluation. i uncharacteristically decided to go easy on myself and get a room rather than car camping in hopes i'll be somewhat coherent and/or presentable. FWIW i can also play bass or drums if necessary. i'm a fairly good bassist; i wouldn't say i'm a good drummer, but i can make drum-shaped noises at appropriate intervals. i had better go to sleep...see y'all in the morning!

Have fun, fellers. The venue looks fabulous, the people are Finest Kind, and I have no doubt the noise will be at least therapeutic and possibly redemptive.

Wish I could be there, but I just couldn’t work it. Make some noise for me.

Have a fantabulous day! Hail hail rock and roll!

Great day for this. Hope you all have a good time and post a few pics.

I'm here at work listening to some Trower thinking, I hope you guys are at 11 already!

Waiting to see the pictures. The Venue looks tailor made for some guitar jamming.

Just got home. Great venue, great people, great weather, grea...well OK music. Thanks, Curt, for doing this for us. I needed it.

What Bob said.

Great time, great venue, and really great people.

Always good to see old friends and meet new ones.

The barn had a really familiar feel to it, and the owners were very nice, and truly happy to have us there.

The goats, peacocks, chickens, cats and dogs running around was an additional bonus.

Hopefully, in the near future, we'll be able to do this with a not too socially distanced aura, which I'm sure kept some of our regular travellers away.

Once things get back to normal, could this be the site of future roundups? No doubt that attendees had a great time and it appears to be an ideal location. I am wondering in part because, although I was unable to attend, I drove by at about 5:30 pm, stopped at the driveway and couldn’t hear any music. Noise was surely being made at that time, however, the size of the property apparently makes the place ideal.

Just saw all of John's pic's on Facebook. Looks like a good time was had by all. Love to Y'all!

Great times, it ws like a mini-vacation, thanks again Curt. I think everyone needed the camaraderie, and light-heartedness and (my god, live) music, and we had all three in big helpings.

That place really does feel like Nashville No. 2.

Mighty Fine Time indeed!! Thanks again Curt for a great shindig....very cool to to connect & re-connect with y'all fellow Gretsch heads....and shout out to Jet W. for the on-point grilling!! Cheers!

I am so sorry that I couldn't make it!

We had special guests visiting our house this weekend... Doh!

Anyway, I miss you guys a lot and I hope that none of you spread the virus...

I am so sorry that I couldn't make it!

We had special guests visiting our house this weekend... Doh!

Anyway, I miss you guys a lot and I hope that none of you spread the virus...

– 57Chet

I hope none of you spread the virus, what kinda shit talk is that Nick?

We all understood the situation, took the proper precautions and decided to have some fun rather then worrying ourselves to death.

I hope none of you spread the virus, what kinda shit talk is that Nick?

We all understood the situation, took the proper precautions and decided to have some fun rather then worrying ourselves to death.

– Curt Wilson

Agree. That’s a f’d up thing to say, Nick.

It was a blast and the cool thing is everything happened organically. It’s interesting that there was more emphasis on hanging out than playing music.

No expense was spared to make this a safe environment. The barn was heated with two outside air makeup units that used 100% fresh air, 0% Recirculated air while keeping the two large doors open. All the food was repacked for single use. Lysol and hand sanitizer was everywhere.

Thank you everyone for a much needed break and a chance to reconnect.

Best part of the night for me was supporting singer Carol Brooks who belted out Stormy Monday.

Thanks everyone for making the scene and making it the best event of 2020 so far, let’s hope for more good to continue to happen.

Sorry Curt!

The only pictures that I have seen from your event were the ones that John posted... In those people were not wearing masks or socialy distancing.

Sorry Curt!

The only pictures that I have seen from your event were the ones that John posted... In those people were not wearing masks or socialy distancing.

– 57Chet

It’s okay Nick, if I smoked and drank as much as you I’d be concerned too.

Point Taken... I Love You Brother!

Well done Curt !

Looks like a great time was had by All, and events like this are sorely needed right now.

Sorry Curt!

– 57Chet

Yeah, I got a whole bunch of pictures of masked people that I didn't post.

That just didn't translate too well so there's a lot of pics that were not posted.

Macphisto had to remove his mask at some point, but for a large portion of the day he had his kitty mask that his gf made him...pretty cool.

I think you could recognize Munman only because of the tie dye shirts he always wearing!

Zig was there for three hours before I realized it was him.

You can't eat or drink with a mask on but I can see how one could make glib assumptions given the evidence provided.

Register Sign in to join the conversation